Author Topic: A request: No negative posting about Tony Snow for the next few days  (Read 1065 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3604698

Ken Burch  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 07:38 AM
Original message
A request: No negative posting about Tony Snow for the next few days
 Advertisements [?]The guy died way too young, whatever you think of his politics.

This is probably hitting his family hard.

I just hope we can agree, as I assume we will, to do the decent thing and lay off for a bit.

After all, he was just the messenger
Shark Tank, Meet Chum. Chum, Shark Tank...

The Stranger (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 11:07 AM
Response to Reply #10
48. We need to stop having our actions dictated by what will supposedly "be used against us."
 Edited on Sat Jul-12-08 11:08 AM by The Stranger
If someone was horribly misguided, deceitful, untruthful, and complicit in any number of possible violations of law at the highest level, then that is what and who they are. Or were.

Nothing someone posts on an internet board is going to change that one way or the other.

arcadian  (732 posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 11:49 AM
Response to Reply #48
52. Agreed.
 This board is hailed by some as the bearer of the light and by others as a subversive hornets nest. No one event will sway people into either camp. Most people firmly believe in one or the other.
Says the asshat who started one of the grave dancing threads...

ikojo (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 07:55 AM
Response to Reply #4
11. Tony Snow was a long time propagandist for the 
 Republican party. He was a frequent guest host for Rush Limbaugh when Rush was on vacation. He was not a good man who found himself in the Fox juggernaut. He was sought out by Murdoch and then Bush precisely because of his success at propaganda on the Rush Limbbaugh show.

When Rush Limbaugh finally buys it will he too suddenly become a "good man?" I DON'T THINK SO.

Ken Burch  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 07:57 AM
Response to Reply #11
14. You don't have to love the guy. Just don't gloat about his death.
 That kind of stuff actually WILL be used against us.

And the problem was the whole Administration, and the whole political and economic system we live under, not the White House press secretary. If you demonize the individual you fall into their trap.

It's the LIVING you should be enraged at.
Yer Effin-A it will you tool!

ikojo (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 08:03 AM
Response to Reply #14
19. I am enraged with the living breathing administration
 I also don't think death makes someone a saint. Tony Snow should be held to account on how he lived his dash....

Copy and paste has been disabled so I hope people will go to the site to read the Dash Poem....

http://www.pryor.com/mkt_info/products/dashpoem.asp 

kstewart33  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 07:46 AM
Response to Original message
5. He was a good man.
 It's very sad.

malaise  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 07:49 AM
Response to Reply #5
7. Oh Please n/t

burythehatchet  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 08:23 AM
Response to Reply #5
26. See, that is exactly the kind of remark that opens the floodgates for animosity
 By what measure was he a "good man"?

Ken Burch  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 07:59 AM
Response to Reply #8
16. It's Rove you'd rightly make the Goebbels comparison to, not Snow.
 Rove and Goebbels CREATED the propaganda. Snow and whoever was the Snow of the Reich just repeated it.

Fumesucker (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 08:03 AM
18. Both my parents died of cancer
 So I have a great deal of sympathy for the family..

That being said: Tony Snow = Tokyo Rose and Lord Haw Haw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Haw_Haw 

skypuddle (773 posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 09:15 AM
32. This person died way too young too...
Posted over a ****ING DISGUSTING vulture photo of a mangled Iraqi CHILD! You Sick ****s.

Binka  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 09:50 AM
Response to Reply #32
43. Dear Lord That Photo
 That baby must be six or seven, and she is wearing what probably was her favorite purple fuzzy sweater, and she was bombed to death in it. I have a seven year old and I CAN NOT imagine the horror and grief that father must have felt holding her in his arms.

Sorry NO sympathy for Snow. For her, yes.

Cheap_Trick (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 12:23 PM
Response to Reply #43
57. Snow and people like him are responsible for scenes like that
 Karma's a bitch.

ncrainbowgrrl   (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 09:28 AM
34. Skinner has also written a post on this subject. 
 Read it over here http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

baby_mouse  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 09:49 AM
Response to Reply #34
42. Just for the record, I really wish he hadn't.

I also really wish he hadn't given the mods the instructions he did. I suspect it will have unforeseen and interesting consequences.

KG (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 09:39 AM
39. ok, no negative stuff about a willing propagandist for the most evil admin in US history.
 wouldn't be seemly. 

riverdale (409 posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 10:56 AM
46. This is why people call liberals wusses
 Do you really think Tony Snow's family is gonna log onto Dem Underground to read all these tearful condolences? 

lunatica  (464 posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 12:10 PM
54. Bush should die so everyone can finally say he's the greatest Pesident ever!
 We all know that death changes everything. Lie, shill and partake of the dismantling of the Constitution and it's all absolved upon your death.

Go ahead. Delete me so Du doesn't look a little like jerks.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Re: A request: No negative posting about Tony Snow for the next few days
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 04:46:43 PM »
Binka  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 09:50 AM
Response to Reply #32
43. Dear Lord That Photo
 That baby must be six or seven, and she is wearing what probably was her favorite purple fuzzy sweater, and she was bombed to death in it. I have a seven year old and I CAN NOT imagine the horror and grief that father must have felt holding her in his arms.

Sorry NO sympathy for Snow. For her, yes.

...and Tony Snow did what to contribute to the childs death? Did he pull the trigger? did he push the button that released the bomb? did he become an insurgent and plant the bomb? answer: He did NOTHING you LIBERAL POS, God how I despise you people.

I try not to use the word "hate" but I am having a hard time controlling myself. The willful stupidity of the members of DU is astounding. They "hate" for no reason and apply their hatred to those who don't deserve it, yet they applaud mass murderers and those who abuse others on a mass scale. How can a group of people be so stupid and thoughtless?

These people of DU despise Christianity and all religion, except Islam, the one religion that preaches hate and intolerance, all the while preaching tolerance to their ilk, their insanity and hypocrisy is beyond description.

Tony Snow is dead and I offer prayers for him and his family.Whatever he has done in his life is between him and God. He is not to be judged by a group of people that hate life and see no good in anything. DU, thy name is hate, may you reap what you have sown.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".