Author Topic: Tony Snow Dies at age 53  (Read 3426 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Tony Snow Dies at age 53
« on: July 12, 2008, 10:55:33 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3604634

liberalla  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 07:12 AM
Original message
Tony Snow Dies at age 53 
 Advertisements [?]Edited on Sat Jul-12-08 07:46 AM by liberalla
On FOX News Channel right now.

adding links:

Report: Ex-Bush Spokesman Tony Snow Dies of Cancer

Tony Snow dead from colon cancer

ikojo (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 07:27 AM
Response to Reply #4
11. Now George W is going to have to act as
 if he cared about someone other than himself He's going to have fake mourning when he's probably thinking.."at least this one can't write a book."

I'm sorry Mr Snow had cancer but the existence and death due to cancer does not suddenly make him a saint

tekisui  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 07:57 AM
Response to Reply #11
31. How true. Gone before a book deal.
 chimpy wipes his forehead in relief.
Although, Snow always seemed to really enjoy and take pride in his War Crimes propaganda. 

Opposite Reaction  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 10:38 AM
Response to Original message
59. Tony Snow Escapes Justice at age 53

MuseRider  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 08:42 AM
43. May his family
 and those who cared about him find peace and never ever Google and find the threads that will surely pop up on DU.

I wish him peace and the opportunity to expand his mind if there is an afterlife.

Death is not political

Amen.

symbolman  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 10:36 AM
Response to Reply #35
57. Maddy, I appreciate the hell out of you and always have respected you
 Edited on Sat Jul-12-08 10:37 AM by symbolman
even going so far as to not enter a conversation when I completely disagreed with you, unlike most other folks where I'd say what I think anyway.. But on this count I gotta call bullshit on how Snow May have affected people or a person, personally..

These people like Snow are totally Complicit in the deaths of thousands of innocent people if not more.

The actions of Karl Rove in Alabama, stacking the courts there, including their Supreme court resulted in ME having to spend upwards of a couple of hundred thousand bucks (money I could use NOW as we're dead broke and being foreclosed on), hiring SIX lawyers, and spending 21 Days in an Alabama County Jail that's been compared to a South African Prison by Congress..

I nearly lost my big toe there ( and my mind) due to nasty infections, slept on a concrete floor with arthritis of the spine, and lost 20 lbs.

All while my wife was pregnant.

I'll never get over it, can never get that part of my life back, and could have easily been killed in there in a heartbeat. The other side had printed out my website and waved it before a Right Wing Christian Judge who'd been installed through vote theft, electronic style, and using Abramoff money.

Please think about how these Fascist assholes DO destroy people Personally.

Its VERY REAL what these monsters have done. While I feel for Snows family, having lost my mother as a kid to breast cancer, a horrifying experience I Personally hope Snow and his Ilk ROT in Hell.

But that's just me.

:whatever:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3392237

tuckessee (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 11:27 AM
129. Maybe he can now meet some of the people his lies killed. n/t

Lost-in-FL  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 11:03 AM
109. Another one bites the dust...

norepubsin08 (49 posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 11:02 AM
Response to Reply #90
108. BULLSHIT
 There are so many Republican assholes that take glee in the death of Democrats (Remember Paul Wellstone) and what they did to the mourners? Just remember it's one less Republican ****er that gets to vote in this falls election. Also as far as family...he put himself out there and his wife didn't object to the big fat paycheck he making off of it!

Faith No More (5 posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 09:32 AM
71. I didn't like him when he was alive, why should I feel differently now that he's dead?
 Edited on Sat Jul-12-08 10:00 AM by Faith No More
Sympathy for his family??? How much sympathy do think they felt for all the sons and daughters that returned from Iraq in body bags? This man's lies helped to perpetuate this shameful, illegal war and I think it's high time those on the conservative side get to experience a little grief. I don't feel any sympathy for them because they don't give a tinker's damn for us.

leapinggnome (6 posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 08:10 AM
30. A Special Seat at the Table
 I'm sorry that anyone dies in this manner. Cancer is a terrible way to go...

Still, if there is a Hell, there's a special seat with Tony Snow's name on it.

If there is Karma, perhaps he will be reincarnated as someone who can only tell the truth no matter what kind of trouble it gets him into.

anotheryellowdog  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 10:14 AM
Response to Reply #7
85. Of course it's true that everyone dies,
 but for those who place their belief in such things, scripture states that death is the reckoning of accountability we all must face for our sins. Specifically:

"For the wages of sin is death..." Romans 6:23

I'm not saying I believe everything I read in sacred texts. It's just interesting, I think, from the standpoint of broad perspective. Condolences to Mr. Snow's family.

"When any person dies, we are all diminished." Elie Wiesel

Limelight (292 posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 11:22 AM
Response to Reply #7
128. As someone who whole heartedly believes in karma
 I think you're dead wrong. He didn't just die. He died long before a man of his age and generation normally would have.

Just more proof that karma really is a bitch.

Doug.Goodall (651 posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 07:39 AM
8. Another Bush Liar meets his maker
 Maybe Tony can be the head liar for Jesse Helms

And the deleted:

sellitman Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jul-12-08 07:26 AM
2. Condolences to his family.

I wonder where you go after spending so much of your last years on earth lying? 

DemEyeDick (13 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jul-12-08 08:28 AM
43. Pitty to his family....but F_ _ _ Tony eternally

To the Snow family, I will say I am sorry for your loss. As for Tony himself, I will say good bye and good riddance. That lying POS now can live in eternity (if you believe in such crap) thinking about the lies he spread and lives he helped to destroy. Faux, Rush and all the rest of the evil conservative establishment will spew their lies about what a great man Tony was, but anyone with 1/4 of a brain will know that he was just a puppet for the lying MF'ers in the Bush administration

Voltaire99 (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jul-12-08 08:34 AM
45. I sensed a great disturbance in the Farce.Sounded like a giant cosmic fart.
That you on the way to hell, Tony?

HamdenRice Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jul-12-08 08:58 AM
54. An occasion to recall the wonderful eulogy delivered by the Rev. Vernon Johns

Edited on Sat Jul-12-08 09:00 AM by HamdenRice
Rev. Johns was pastor of the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church of Montgomery, Alabama, and was the immediate predecessor of the Rev. Martin Luther King in that post, and Rev. Johns is sometimes considered the father of the modern civil rights movement.

Rev. Johns had been prevailed upon to deliver the eulogy for a young man whose life had been less than exemplary. Andrew Young remembered the eulogy as follows:

"So and so lived a trifling and worthless life. He went around Montgomery daring someone to cut his throat. Saturday night somebody obliged him. He lived like a dog; he died like a dog. Undertaker claim the body."

Nice.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline asdf2231

Re: Tony Snow Dies at age 53
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 11:03:25 AM »
laststeamtrain  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 07:53 AM
Original message
As a tribute to Tony Snow Fox News will be lying all weekend.
 Advertisements [?]No, wait.

It's just the normal programming.

Never mind.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3604748

happygoluckytoyou (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 11:58 AM
137. Welcome to REAGANLAND.....WHERE EVERY DEAD REPUBLICAN IS A non-discussed, respectable, loved HERO
 sorry snow------- his bullshit lies and smarmy face caused the deaths of soldiers, the ignoring of global warming, the spreading of disinformation.

poor poor hitler... we will miss him... let's not speak ill of the dead... he was probably just some misunderstood painter who caused millions to die

poor poor snow....

SORRY...

probably NOT a good DAY to discuss him... and certainly it is not his family's fault... i am saddened by the loss they must feel

BUT FOR EVERYTHING THIS PUG-REPUBLICAN MOUTHPIECE LIED ABOUT... sad but true

-------by the way.... take a moment today to tell Cheney, Bush, Rummy, Rice, Powell, etc to **** OFF. they will die some day and you dont want to miss this golden opportunity while they are still here

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3392237

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 11:11:04 AM »

tekisui  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 07:20 AM
1. Goodbye, Tony.
 He did his job well, lying for war criminals.

Blaq Dem (701 posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 09:42 AM
Response to Reply #8
74. Tragic. Too bad he just didn't get it.
 He spent his life spreading lies for big businesses whether than everyday American people. He will have to answer to God.

DainBramaged  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 07:46 AM
13. Having brushed that door, and lost family members to the disease
 no one who hasn't committed any crime other than propaganda, deserves to die from this evil destroyer of families, especially when so much evil persists within the Bush misAdministration.

I know his family will never read this but my heart hurts for them today. It may be a joyous day for many here, but his family just knew him as Father, Husband, Tony.

Joe Steel (29 posts)     Sat Jul-12-08 08:26 AM
Response to Reply #37
40. Right now is the time.
 My local hate radio station, right now, is broadcasting call after call from wingnuts who are lionizing Snow. If we let that kind of thing continue, it will become the Snow Legend. In the world of instant information we can't give lies a chance to grow. We have to crush them immediately.

SaveOurSovereignty (84 posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 08:53 AM
51. condolences to his family
 Although being a cheer leader for evil, his family deserves the kindness and respect that anyone else should.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tmFXLxAVsw0 
The You Tube is a nice semi hatchet job rip from the communist news network.

Ichingcarpenter  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 12:07 PM
141. He was" just a number"
 RIP.... just quoting the deceased about the his comment on the death of American troops

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 11:18:32 AM »
arcadian  (727 posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 12:12 PM
Original message
Let's send flowers to FoxNews Studios for Tony Snow.
 Advertisements [?]He should be the first non-President etched into Mount Rushmore for his service to our great nation and it's ideals. He has served the Bush administration proudly. Yup... Tony Snow, Jesus, Mother Theresa and Ghandi all up in Heaven playing fooz-ball.

dkofos (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 12:13 PM
1. Black roses?

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
 yourout (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 12:18 PM
2. Poison Ivy?

Botany  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 12:18 PM
3. please
 .... Tony Snow spread the story about the Clinton's
stealing stuff from the White House and removing the W
keys from the computers .... but D.U. doesn't need this
kind of Pub.

Show some class a family just lost a father, a husband, and a son ...
and yes many from Iraq have had that happen too .... but D.U. doesn't
need this kind of Pub.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3605922

NNN0LHI  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 12:05 PM
Original message
Tony Snow was a wonderful, loving fellow who liked puppies and kittens a lot
 Advertisements [?]And I don't want to get banned today so I will leave it at that.

Don

hatrack  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 12:06 PM
2. I also like how he donated most of his own money to sewing arms and legs back onto maimed Iraqi kids
 Very generous.

terrya  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 12:16 PM
10. I guess Skinner's post about this subject was in vain
Christ... Ya think?
 http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3605885

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 11:20:08 AM »
For any lurkers who are politically undecided, pay close attention to all of the above that was posted by DUmmies. They are democrats. They are "progressives." They are liberals. They call themselves the party of peace and compassion.

Do you want to be a part of their party?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 11:23:12 AM »
Right on cue.  :whatever:

Damn, DUmmies are vile creatures.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 11:25:12 AM »
tuckessee (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 12:24 PM
17. Don't forget - Puppies and kittens loved Tony Snow a lot too.
 They could see his inherent god-likeness and crystal pure soul.
Baby birds would sing their first songs whenever Tony would walk by.

Never has a man navigated his way through this perilous journey we call "life" and caused less harm to others than St. Tony.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3605885

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 11:27:42 AM »
King Sandbox  (599 posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 12:26 PM
Response to Reply #14
19. Am I glad Snow is gone? Kind of.
 But it's the 2000 threads about it that weasel around Skinner's proclamation that piss me off. It makes hiding threads futile
It's not that you are vile pieces of shit... You just don't want people to SEE what vile pieces of shit you are. Gottit.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3605922

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 11:47:17 AM »
norepubsin08 (49 posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 11:02 AM
Response to Reply #90
108. BULLSHIT
 There are so many Republican assholes that take glee in the death of Democrats (Remember Paul Wellstone) and what they did to the mourners?

Those "mourners" booed Sen.Trent Lott (R) and others to the point that a disgusted Gov.Ventura (no Republican by any means) walked out.

Those mourners like Clinton and Mondale were seen on the camera laughing when it digressed into a campaign rally.

This is the documented fact,something that has no home on DU,so as posted above everyone lurking take note of the true quality of those you associate with.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 11:49:07 AM »
Omaha Steve  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 09:47 AM
Original message
I need some help on a paragraph or two describing our forum

Any takers?

Hey, Steve...come over here, we can help.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 12:06:19 PM »
They don't quite delete these threads as fast as they do ones with, um, facts in them, do they?  :whatever:

Ghoulish prick assholes.   :bird:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 12:15:54 PM »
Oregonian  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 01:13 PM
Response to Reply #150
153. Isn't that nice. A faithful Christian who enabled the slaughter of innocent Iraqis.
 How Christian of him.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 12:20:06 PM »
Right on cue.  :whatever:

Damn, DUmmies are vile creatures.

My thoughts exactly, Reb.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 01:12:21 PM »
These are the people for whom the term "cognative dissonance" was made.

Offline CactusCarlos

• Pray, eat your vitamins, and one day you too could be a
  • If I agree with you, then we'll both be wrong.
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 02:13:28 PM »
Oregonian  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 01:13 PM
Response to Reply #150
153. Isn't that nice. A faithful Christian who enabled the slaughter of innocent Iraqis.
 How Christian of him.

If I had been told someone had said this I wouldn't have believed them.   You and your ilk are asshats and cowards that wouldn't dare come here with that attitude. 
"The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened."
  -- Norman Thomas, six-time Socialist Party presidential candidate and one of the founders of the ACLU

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 02:57:58 PM »
The Koskids are relishing the moment too.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/7/12/9943/75678/728/550496

I ain't posting any of their vile crap here.  :censored:   

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 03:28:52 PM »
Let them wallow in their hate, it's what they deserve.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 03:31:47 PM »
his bullshit lies and smarmy face caused the deaths of soldiers

Strange, I always thought it was IEDs and insurgent thugs' bullets that did that. They always manage to leave them completely out of the equation, as if they don't even exist and every soldier that dies does so from a shot fired from the White House lawn by Bush.

When you read their thread folks, remember: They're uniters, not dividers. :whatever:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 05:24:38 PM »
The DUmp is a cesspool, and that's an insult to cesspools!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 05:26:14 PM »

Cesspools serve a purpose.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 05:28:20 PM »

it's really interesting that skinner had to command his mods to remove any post that was peeing on the man's grave.

RIP, Tony Snow.  I will miss you.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 06:26:15 PM »
tuckessee (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 11:27 AM
129. Maybe he can now meet some of the people his lies killed. n/t

Not me or any relation to this idiot.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 08:08:33 PM »

Cesspools serve a purpose.

In my job, I've had to visit more than a few sewage treatment plants (to see that the owning municipality is taxed properly by the municipality that the STP is in, if the two are different).  In every one, the bacteria in the primary digesters have asked me to relay to CC that they are seriously insulted by the comparisons to DU.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 08:12:16 PM »
These people like Snow are totally Complicit in the deaths of thousands of innocent people if not more.

Hey symbolman  :bird: there's a symbol for you.

Now go play a game of hide and go f*ck yourself.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 08:16:07 PM »

Hey symbolman  :bird: there's a symbol for you.

Now go play a game of hide and go f*ck yourself.

symbolman would probably need to be shaped like an S in order to do that.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€