Author Topic: On this, the occassion of your spluttering rage...  (Read 565 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
On this, the occassion of your spluttering rage...
« on: November 17, 2014, 09:08:02 PM »
Cha (152,784 posts)

Darren Wilson Supporter Plans On Purchasing “Pants Up, Don’t Loot” Billboard Near Ferguson.. FFS:(

snip//

In a willful attempt to incite further racial tensions in and around Ferguson, a resident of Tennessee has announced that he’s reached his crowdfunding goal of $3,000 to purchase and display a billboard using the conservative hashtag #HandsUpDontLoot. The meme, which was made popular by right-wing publication National Review, is a play on the popular Ferguson protest chant “Hands up! Don’t shoot!” that refers to witnesses stating that unarmed 18-year-old Michael Brown had his hands up when Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson shot him.

Don Alexander of Brentwood, TN used the crowdfunding source IndieGoGo to raise the necessary funds to purchase a billboard for one month to display in the St. Louis area. Per his IndieGoGo page, a local billboard company has agreed to display the billboard and will charge $2,500 for 30 days. Alexander also states that others may charge less for the billboard. If so, and donations continue to come in, the billboard will stay up as long as possible. He also claims that the billboard company he is in agreement with needs to remain anonymous so as to not receive any threats.

"This crowdfunding campaign is for the purchase of a billboard in the Ferguson, MO area. The billboard will display black text on a white background with the text “#PantsUPDontLoot”. After some initial confusion we are working with other, undisclosed companies in the area that are willing to create and display this image. The funds collected from this campaign will be used to purchase this billboard for as long as possible. Lamar originally quoted us ~$2,500 for 1 month but others have come in under that amount. Whatever funds we receive will go directly to keeping the billboard campaign up as long as possible. If we come to an agreement with a company and can fund it for 3 months, 5 months, 7 months…, we will."

It remains to be seen if the billboard actually goes up. I find it hard to believe that an advertising company would actually risk the bad publicity that would come with agreeing to display such an incendiary advertisement. The company that agreed to do this would essentially be committing business suicide. Maybe they’d feel they could make up the amount of business they’d lose by bringing in the race-baiting conservative crowd, but I doubt that the amount of negative public attention the company would receive could be overcome.

MOre..
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/11/17/darren-wilson-supporter-plans-purchasing-pants-up-loot-billboard-ferguson.html

Like Jason Baragona says in his article.. this is would only incite racial tensions even more.. like Ferguson needs that. It's despicable and deplorably insensitive.. coming over from Tennessee to **** with Ferguson.. but, what do I expect from racists and bigots. 

Michael Brown

Edit: I thought twice about posting this.. "ignore or expose?".. I decided to go with shaming racist assholes.

JaneyVee (8,791 posts)

2. I don't want to raise my kids in this ****ing world sometimes

Weird.

I was thinking I don't want to raise your kids...period.

Cha (152,784 posts)

15. Their ignorant hate drives them batshite, arcane. :(

Quick, Robin. To the Batshite!

sheshe2 (19,704 posts)

12. The news seems to be going from bad to worse.

First the Police Chief then the KKK now Alexander all seeming to throw fuel on the fire. Sounds to me like they are inciting a riot and hope to see as many bodies as possible.

This is ugly and racist.

Good Op exposing the racist bastards, Cha.

Then don't riot.

brer cat (2,970 posts)

14. "they are inciting a riot"

is exactly what is going to happen, she, and the riots will be used to justify killing as many people as possible. It is disgusting and all the authorities are making it worse not better.

Prayers and good vibes to the people of Ferguson.

K&R, Cha.

No justice! No peace!

Ykcutnek (516 posts)

20. Exhibit #9,000: Some people have too much disposable income. nt

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025831013
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

Re: On this, the occassion of your spluttering rage...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 09:35:10 PM »
People must be inclined to violence to let one sign on a bill board incite them to violence.  The looters in Ferguson will be violent regardless of the sign.

There will probably be violence regardless of what the Grand Jury decides, too.  The race baiters have tempers riled to a fever pitch and burning and looting is all that will calm them.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Discuss Billboard Rage
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 10:07:22 PM »
DUmmies are furious:
Mon Nov 17, 2014, 05:59 PM
Star Member Cha (152,789 posts)

Darren Wilson Supporter Plans On Purchasing “Pants Up, Don’t Loot” Billboard Near Ferguson.. FFS:(

In a willful attempt to incite further racial tensions in and around Ferguson, a resident of Tennessee has announced that he’s reached his crowdfunding goal of $3,000 to purchase and display a billboard using the conservative hashtag #HandsUpDontLoot. The meme, which was made popular by right-wing publication National Review, is a play on the popular Ferguson protest chant “Hands up! Don’t shoot!” that refers to witnesses stating that unarmed 18-year-old Michael Brown had his hands up when Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson shot him.

Don Alexander of Brentwood, TN used the crowdfunding source IndieGoGo to raise the necessary funds to purchase a billboard for one month to display in the St. Louis area. Per his IndieGoGo page, a local billboard company has agreed to display the billboard and will charge $2,500 for 30 days. Alexander also states that others may charge less for the billboard. If so, and donations continue to come in, the billboard will stay up as long as possible. He also claims that the billboard company he is in agreement with needs to remain anonymous so as to not receive any threats.
MOre..
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/11/17/darren-wilson-supporter-plans-purchasing-pants-up-loot-billboard-ferguson.html

Like Jason Baragona says in his article.. this is would only incite racial tensions even more.. like Ferguson needs that. It's despicable and deplorably insensitive.. coming over from Tennessee to **** with Ferguson.. but, what do I expect from racists and bigots. 
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025831013#post13

??I think it's an honest plea for peace and quiet.

If 0bamaites would hitch up their trousers and act civilized, they'd have no problem with the POlice.

Mon Nov 17, 2014, 06:01 PM
Star Member spanone (78,342 posts)
1. a fool, i.e. racist, and his money.....

this asshole just lives down the road from me in tennessee....**** him

Mon Nov 17, 2014, 06:47 PM
Star Member Cha (152,789 posts)
15. Their ignorant hate drives them batshite,

Mon Nov 17, 2014, 06:29 PM
damnedifIknow (2,154 posts)
11. Hey Don

Your money would be better spent on education since obviously you're an ignorant sob.

Mon Nov 17, 2014, 06:42 PM
Star Member brer cat (2,970 posts)
14. "they are inciting a riot"

is exactly what is going to happen, she, and the riots will be used to justify killing as many people as possible. It is disgusting and all the authorities are making it worse not better.

Mon Nov 17, 2014, 06:40 PM
Star Member handmade34 (11,960 posts)
13. Don Alexander of Brentwood, TN

is an ass

Mon Nov 17, 2014, 08:46 PM
heaven05 (7,412 posts)
41. I guarantee you

this jerk is KKK and chomping at the bit to do another Rosewood on the black people of ferguson.....I wish I lived close, I would do some inciting myself.....just would be in the direction of folks like this.

I just don't understand the outrage.

I'll bet this guy is one of the nicest people one could ever hope to meet.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:09:42 PM by GOBUCKS »

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Re: DUmmies Discuss Billboard Rage
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 10:44:35 PM »
I want the t-shirt concession.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 11:05:23 PM »
I want the t-shirt concession.

Careful, Michael Brown's mama might rob you. :rofl:

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 11:11:30 PM »
Careful, Michael Brown's mama might rob you. :rofl:

If anybody would, she would. Graduate of the Trayvon Martin's Mama Academy.

Isn't she still hiding out in Switzerland?
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 12:06:39 AM »
Of all riots that have taken place in Ferguson, not a single pair of work boots were reported stolen.

Coincidence?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 06:15:07 AM »
Of all riots that have taken place in Ferguson, not a single pair of work boots were reported stolen.

Coincidence?

There are no coincidences . . . :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Re: On this, the occassion of your spluttering rage...
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 07:53:22 AM »
Prayers to whom, Gaia? and good vibes to the people of Ferguson.

I prefer MRAPS and 7.62.

Coincidence?

Carpet bomb them with job applications. 

Mon Nov 17, 2014, 08:46 PM
heaven05 (7,412 posts)
41. I guarantee you

this jerk is KKK and chomping at the bit to do another Rosewood on the black people of ferguson.....I wish I lived close, I would do some inciting myself.....just would be in the direction of folks like this.

:rofl:  Better wait til the :stoner: wears off, tough guy.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:01:29 AM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx