Author Topic: They get 60 senators, and we get 18  (Read 608 times)

Offline zeitgeist

They get 60 senators, and we get 18
« on: November 08, 2014, 05:45:43 PM »

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/10025779869

Samantha (7,107 posts)   Fri Nov 7, 2014, 03:08 AM

Rachel Maddow said there are 9 states totally blue but 29 states are totally red. She then changed the 29 to 30. That makes my hair stand on end. Slowly but surely the Republicans are buying out the whole country through the votes of a minority of the electorate (millions are blocked and/or just not counted or are no-shows election day). Couple that minority of the electorate voting with the super-rich pouring money into the campaigns of their political lieutenants who promote and/or protect their interests and one sees a recipe for the true oligarchy Bernie Sanders keeps warning us this Country is becoming.

As Mitch McConnell came out swinging post election day saying he had the fillibuster-proof votes to pass the Keystone Pipeline (didn't mention the President had to approve it), I couldn't help but wonder exactly how much Koch money flowed into his campaign. As he warms up to step into his Senate Majority Leader shoes, he immediately begins to work for his patrons best interests, mentioning not only the pipeline but lowering corporate taxes as well. The Koch Brothers stand to make ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS if the pipeline is approved....

And I personally sit here wondering if Maryland is to become the next Wisconsin since I learned Hogan has said he is going to take the State into an entirely different direction. I guess the Republicans will be coming after our state legislature next ....

Sam

stranger81 (1,961 posts)
1. The most infuriating part to me is that, dollars to donuts,
 there are more people in the nine blue states than in all thirty red states. Yet they get 60 senators, and we get 18.

Art_from_Ark (20,786 posts)
2. That's how it's been since the Constitution was adopted back in 1787. But then again, California has a lot more electoral clout than any other single state, and Texas has more electoral votes, and thus more representatives, than all the New England states combined.

kentuck (72,192 posts)
27. I still think we need to partition the Party in order to save it...

Just like the Republicans did with the Tea Party. They get to keep the "crazies" in their Party and pay no penalty for it. At

Speakng of crazies kentuck 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 10:04:22 PM by franksolich »
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: They get 60 senators, and we get 18
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 05:58:31 PM »
Question for you DUmbasses.
Who stands to rake in billions if the left gets the gloBULL warming scam to its full fruition?

Waiting for an answer.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 08:33:42 PM »
stranger81 (1,961 posts)
1. The most infuriating part to me is that, dollars to donuts,
 there are more people in the nine blue states than in all thirty red states.

If there was anything I could do about that, trust me, I would.

Yet they get 60 senators, and we get 18.

:thatsright:  Pay attention, idiot.

We lost!!!  Abolish the sEnAteeLbIntybiLliON!!!!!1

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 08:38:50 PM »
kentuck (72,192 posts)
27. I still think we need to partition the Party in order to save it...

Just like the Republicans did with the Tea Party. They get to keep the "crazies" in their Party and pay no penalty for it

We're the ones that put the Republicans where they are, Kentucktard, and the Republicans had nothing to do with it that the Democrats hadn't already started loooong ago.  The only thing that keeps you a viable party is Free Shit Army.  Just wait til they start fighting for the scraps.

Enjoy!

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 08:43:45 PM »
The only thing that keeps you a viable party is Free Shit Army.  Just wait til they start fighting for the scraps.

Enjoy!

Unfortunately, there will always be unethical politicians wanting to enrich themselves at the expense of others and they will always promise free shit to get elected right up until the entire US economy collapses permanently.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 08:50:49 PM »
Unfortunately, there will always be unethical politicians wanting to enrich themselves at the expense of others and they will always promise free shit to get elected right up until the entire US economy collapses permanently.

Very true.   :(