Author Topic: And now something from DU that has absolutely nothing to do with the election  (Read 340 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
...or does it and they're just too ****ing stupid to see it:

randome (22,821 posts)

ACA bitterness.

A memo just came through the pipeline at work. Hopefully I eliminated enough to not run afoul of any 'external communication' accusations.

We are getting more and more...at the last minute without warning. Some of these projects...and our capacity is limited since the Affordable Health Care Act has reduced the number of hours that our part-time staff can work.

Yeah. You heard it. ACA is responsible for this company not hiring more full time employees.  I like the company I work for but it's a big organization and not everyone has their head on straight.

still_one (33,061 posts)

1. no the ACA didn't do that, your company who doesn't want to pay medical benefits to their employees

did that.

It's just money.

You pay it.

randys1 (3,760 posts)

2. dont know how much more of this i can take

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025769433
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
still_one (33,061 posts)

1. no the ACA didn't do that, your company who doesn't want to pay medical benefits to their employees

did that.

Yes, it did, you idiot.

The Federal government forced an increase in the labor cost per full-time employee, and the company (which has no moral responsibility to pay for employees' health insurance), made the only choice it could to maintain profitability- which is the sole reason any business exists.

2 x 20 hrs/wk + 0 employer's health insurance costs < 1 X 40hrs/wk + employer's portion

Own it, DUmmy.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
The Federal government forced an increase in the labor cost per full-time employee, and the company (which has no moral responsibility to pay for employees' health insurance), made the only choice it could to maintain profitability- which is the sole reason any business exists.

You know as well as I do that the only people who deserve to earn money are Dem pols who make $250,000 for a 20-minute commencement speech at elite segregationist universities.

Anyone else is simply engaging in pure evil.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
You know as well as I do that the only people who deserve to earn money are Dem pols who make $250,000 for a 20-minute commencement speech at elite segregationist universities.

Anyone else is simply engaging in pure evil.

You're right, of course.

My bad.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.