Author Topic: "Run, Mitt, run" chants greet Romney  (Read 743 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
"Run, Mitt, run" chants greet Romney
« on: October 28, 2014, 04:54:18 AM »
http://www.omaha.com/news/politics/run-mitt-run-chant-greets-romney-at-raucous-hastings-rally/article_3b9f08ec-5e50-11e4-b3c5-0017a43b2370.html

This was here in Nebraska; Benjamin Sasse is the (R) candidate for the U.S. Senate.

'Run, Mitt, Run' chant greets Romney at raucous Hastings rally for Senate candidate Sasse

HASTINGS, Neb. — A raucous campaign rally for Republican U.S. Senate candidate Ben Sasse Monday night included a brief “Run, Mitt, Run,” chant before former presidential nominee Mitt Romney took the stage.

During an earlier session with reporters, however, Romney repeated the answer he recently has given when asked about the 2016 presidential race: “I’m not running and not planning on running.”

In fact, Romney joked, “It’s more likely I’ll work for Ben some day. I’ll be his Cabinet secretary.”

During the rally at the Hasting City Auditorium, Sasse repaid the compliment, saying the nation would be better off today if a few swing states followed Nebraska’s lead in 2012 and voted for Romney instead of President Barack Obama. Romney won Nebraska with nearly 61-percent of the vote.....

This is something to think about; a recycled candidate isn't necessarily a bad thing, because all the dirt about him's known from the preceding campaign, there's no new mud to fling at him.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Dori

Re: "Run, Mitt, run" chants greet Romney
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 10:54:33 AM »
http://www.omaha.com/news/politics/run-mitt-run-chant-greets-romney-at-raucous-hastings-rally/article_3b9f08ec-5e50-11e4-b3c5-0017a43b2370.html

This was here in Nebraska; Benjamin Sasse is the (R) candidate for the U.S. Senate.

This is something to think about; a recycled candidate isn't necessarily a bad thing, because all the dirt about him's known from the preceding campaign, there's no new mud to fling at him.

There was a recent poll that asked if the election were held today, who would win, Romney or Obama.  I think Romney was up by 12 points.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 11:09:15 AM »

Add to that the fact(s) that most of what Romney said would happen in the world, did happen.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 02:42:40 PM »

It was more like poo.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.