Author Topic: Scha~den~freude Ohh Oh!  (Read 1405 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Scha~den~freude Ohh Oh!
« on: September 27, 2014, 02:01:04 PM »
Link:
Obama loses the left: Why his low approval rating may be here to stay

Let the wailing and lamentations begin. 

xchrom (106,437 posts)

Obama loses the left: Why his low approval rating may be here to stay

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/27/obama_loses_the_left_why_his_low_approval_rating_may_be_here_to_stay/

Elizabeth Warren, Barack Obama (Credit: Reuters/Kevin Lamarque/Yuri Gripas/photo montage by Salon)

Except for the brief interregnum that separated the Republican Party’s George W. Bush era from its current Tea Party incarnation, President Obama has never enjoyed the kind of high approval ratings that used to accompany most two-term presidents. Whether it’s due to his race, our growing ideological polarization, the poor economy, or a combination of all of the above, Obama’s rarely known what it feels like to be a president of whom more than half of Americans approve. According to the Huffington Post, it only took until the tenth month of his first year before his number dipped below 50 percent.

Fighting as he is now to keep his approval rating north of 40 percent, November 2009 probably looks to Obama like the good old days. And mindful, perhaps, of how he’s previously looked on the verge of irrevocably losing the people’s faith, only to bounce back to his usual place in the mid- to high 40s, Obama may also believe that this current spate of bad polling will eventually pass. Anything’s possible; the economy could start booming. Unemployment could drop. Wages could rise. Obama could recover.

But I’m starting to think this time may be different, and that when it comes to Obama’s relationship with millions of former supporters, there’s no going back.

What’s got me thinking this way is a raft of new polls showing not only that the president is unpopular, but that he’s becoming increasingly so in the very places, and among the very people, he could usually count on for support. A release from Field Poll earlier this month, for example, found the president to have only a 45 percent approval rating in über-blue California. Most strikingly, the pollster reported that California Dems’ support for Obama dropped 8 percent during just this summer and was down 11 percent in Los Angeles alone.

The Kodak Kid Kicks things off with the Saloon article and then the sleigh ride begins.  My favorite comment is below but there are lots more at the link if you have the stomach for a 'DUmp run. :)

Le Taz Hot (18,009 posts)

45. The excuses are endless.

It's "the pony left," it's because he's Black, it's the right wing, it's everything except the fact that he represents the 1%. His policies reek of it. The Banksters were let off scott free, he's pushing a SECRET TPP deal, he loves fracking, he's PROSECUTED whistleblowers instead of protecting them, he's prosecuted more people for pot than Bush ever thought of, he's marched us into a war with Syria for no other reason than for oil, he's good with ANWAR, he loves the XL pipeline, . . . every time, EVERY TIME he's had a chance to stand up for the poor and middle class he runs to the right. And the "geniuses" on this board have all determined that it's because the Left wants a pony. Either the stupid is strong with them or they're gravely delusional. Personally, I don't care which it is but it ends up hurting the entire nation. And now we're going to do it all over again with Hillary.

I'm a leftist and I'll vote for lefties when and where I can and calls for party unity will go unheard -- as the left has gone unheard by the current incarnation of the "Democratic" Party. 

Enjoy!! :cheers1:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Scha~den~freude Ohh Oh!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 02:08:30 PM »
All in all, losing the left is a good thing for any president.

Of course these are the same dolts who would vote for him all over again even knowing what they know now.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 05:53:34 PM »
All in all, losing the left is a good thing for any president.

Of course these are the same dolts who would vote for him all over again even knowing what they know now.

Ain't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 06:27:09 PM »
According to the Huffington Post, it only took until the tenth month of his first year before his number dipped below 50 percent.

Huh.

We went from zero to raycissss in ten months.  So, what were we before, (D)Marxists?

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 06:28:05 PM »

Course they would....

Ain't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? :whistling:

Course they are.....

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 07:05:41 PM »
They voted for Obama.

:ownit:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 07:32:45 PM »
The lunatic (now the base) left is still waiting for that day when it is announced a million dollar check is in the mail to them.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 08:41:15 PM »

just like voting for the two Rinos in the past two presidential elections...
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 09:49:44 PM »
Anything’s possible; the economy could start booming. Unemployment could drop. Wages could rise. Obama could recover.
  Odds are good that if the first 3 happened, the last would also.  Of course, as the first three can't happen until O pulls his head out, he just isn't going to recover. 

What strikes me as hilarious is that the only things O has done reasonably well are those things in which he followed Bush's original plan.  In every area he's gone with his own plans, he's fallen on his face.  It would be sorta fun to watch...if we weren't the ones paying for all his failures.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 12:06:12 AM »
...President Obama has never enjoyed the kind of high approval ratings that used to accompany most two-term presidents. Whether it’s due to his race, our growing ideological polarization, the poor economy, or a combination of all of the above, Obama’s rarely known what it feels like to be a president of whom more than half of Americans approve...

The author left out 'Demonstrated incompetence, dictatorial tendencies, and pomposity.'
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 06:46:54 PM »
DUmmies have been burning the midnight hash oil on this one. 

Response to xchrom (Original post)

Sat Sep 27, 2014, 01:31 PM

grasswire (41,573 posts)

86. the tragedy of Obama is this:

He has, by taking the low road to elusive consensus or the lower road to serving the 1% and the MIC, nullified many Democratic issues that have traditionally helped to win elections.

Much of the proud and righteous Democratic defense of the working class, of our earth, of peace, of equality, of fairness, of justice has been lost now. Because Obama listened to advisors who were not on the side of those principles.

He is either weak, a chameleon, or corrupted somehow.

And I voted for him many times. And I wanted him to succeed, badly. And I am a Democrat to the core.

The damage to the Democratic Party by his capitulation to moneyed interests is incalculable.

:bwah:   

Schadenfreude

Wanted him to succeed badly?  Pardon me but that is how I have judged his performance BAD. Now as for the 'voted for him many times' well isn't that just the Democrat way?  One man many votes.  Yup sounds about like the Democrat plan to me.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 07:18:18 PM »
He is either weak, a chameleon, or corrupted somehow.

And I voted for him many times.
Does this befuddled old heifer live in BO's old district?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 09:19:01 PM »
Around here it's called "freudenschade".

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 10:19:21 AM »

45. The excuses are endless....

..... The Banksters were let off scott free, ... . .

All the DUmmies are taking extra bong hits to celebrate their wonderful Lizzy Warren and her tough words against Goldman-Sachs.
But this whole thing reminds me of Jon Corzine, former CEO of Goldman and the MF Global scandal, in which Corzine got off "scott free".
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:48:51 AM by fatboy »
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 11:28:13 AM »
All the DUmmies are taking extra bong hits to celebrate their wonderful Lizzy Warren and her tough words against Goldman-Sachs.
But this whole thing reminds me of Jon Corzine, former CEO of Goldman and the MF Global scandal, in which Corzine got off "scott free".

How about the Whitewater windfall, or the Hildebeast's amazing brilliance in cattle futures.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 12:06:17 PM »
I guess the idiots finally figured out they are not getting that skittle sh***ing unicorn for Christmas after all.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 12:44:28 PM »
I guess the idiots finally figured out they are not getting that skittle sh***ing unicorn for Christmas after all.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyYJlYxVJDc[/youtube]
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 01:48:08 PM »
I'm glad they are seeing what we have been seeing from before he was elected but I do expect an apology for being called a racist just because I didn't agree with his policies. :rant:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 02:23:24 PM »
I'm glad they are seeing what we have been seeing from before he was elected but I do expect an apology for being called a racist just because I didn't agree with his policies. :rant:

Don't hold your breath. :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 02:44:59 PM »
I'm glad they are seeing what we have been seeing from before he was elected...

That's not really what's going on, they're unhappy with him because he hasn't been radically-Leftist enough for them.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 02:46:25 PM »
Doesn't matter what anyone thinks of him. He's even fine with ****ing over his own party. He's simply hell bent on doing what he wants.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 03:08:19 PM »
That's not really what's going on, they're unhappy with him because he hasn't been radically-Leftist enough for them.

EXACTLY DAT .  Most of them are still out on the manure pile daily, digging away, hoping to find that pony underneath.   It is all the fault of the VRWC, NEOCONS, (aka the Joows ), Poppy Bush, Shrub, Reagan, Nixon, the Value Voter, Right Wing Fundies, Reindeer, Santa, anyone but the Big "O".  And none of them are clever enough to figure out why he had his records sealed.  < Hint: It was not because he was a brilliant scholar. >  And more's the pity.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2014, 01:44:49 PM »

45. The excuses are endless....

..... The Banksters were let off scott free, ... . .
DU code for the JooooooOOOOOOOoooooooos.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 01:57:41 PM »
The Banksters were let off scott free
They should get a round of applause.

They broke no laws, and they made a hell of a lot of money for a hell of a lot of people.

It's hard to understand the DUmp rage.

They were deadbeats before 2008, and they're still deadbeats.

And the welfare handouts they receive are fatter now than ever before.