Author Topic: Ed Ass_nerd Truther  (Read 647 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Ed Ass_nerd Truther
« on: August 04, 2014, 03:31:14 PM »
Sung to the tune of "My heros have always been zeros".

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/10025335444
Archae (30,631 posts)

It's always sad when someone I admire says something really stupid...

I've admired Ed Asner for a long time, and his activism.

But for crying out loud, how stupid can he get?
RFK Jr. stupidity level?

9/11 Truther Ed Asner Offers Conspiracy Theories on The Adam Carolla Show

by Ray Rahman | 5:03 pm, November 12th, 2010

Did you know that Ed Asner, of The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Hollywood in general, is a 9/11 Truther? Adam Carolla didn’t seem to when, on his podcast, Asner started to offer his views as to why the government was behind that Twin Towers attack. Here we go.

“No high-rise has ever gone down by fire,” Asner explains. “Those buildings fell at the rate of gravity in ten seconds, flat.” He served up some more supposed “facts” as to why the buildings had to have been brought down by domestically planted explosives rather than internationally hateful terrorists. Carolla tried to debunk the conspiracy theory by asking why the surreptitious government of Asner’s mind, if it was so keen on instigating a war, didn’t go ahead and plant WMD in Iraq. “Because it wasn’t the same department of government,” Asner replied, chuckling at Carolla’s naiveté.

Asner continued:

My bottom line on all of this is that this country—which is the greatest, strongest country that ever existed in the world, in terms of power—supposedly had a defense that could not be penetrated all these years. But all of that was eradicated by nineteen Saudi Arabians, supposedly. Some of whom didn’t even know how to fly.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/911-truther-ed-asner-offers-conspiracy-theories-on-the-adam-carolla-show/

The inmates are loose and running the asylum today.  Men with butterfly nets will be combing the DUmp soon to get them back in their assigned forums. 

Row over and gape while it's still fresh.  It may not last long.   :rotf:   Lots of comments but we know how fast those can 'vanish'.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 03:50:49 PM by zeitgeist »
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Ed Ass_nerd Truther
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 03:49:22 PM »
Like ringing the dinner bell at the nuthouse.

Response to Archae (Original post)

Mon Aug 4, 2014, 02:18 PM

Politicalboi (11,743 posts)
7. Or some of us want answers

Like how do fragile planes penetrate steel and concrete at sea level speeds and leave NO debris on the ground. But I guess the 9/11 report answers all those questions. Oh that's right, it doesn't. Even to ask for reconstructions of ANY of the planes is somehow laughable. Yes, how dare us want answers to shit that doesn't make a lick a sense. Science is on the side of the "truthers".

Mon Aug 4, 2014, 02:39 PM

Star Member Warpy (77,747 posts)
25. I'm at the age where I'm starting to get goofy

with some short term memory problems and likely a little extra from the poisons building up from kidney disease, so I'm a little more forgiving of my elders who are even goofier. I know I'm probably going to go there and it's probably not going to take much more time.

What Asner doesn't seem to realize is the power of sheer greed. Because the airlines were too greedy to reinforce cockpit doors and have them lock on the inside, those 19 men were able to gain access and kill the crew. We still have holes in our security because corporations are run by greedy and short sighted business school ****ers who don't care about anything but adding a few cents to the bottom line here and there so that they, too, can claw their way up the ladder and get an eight figure paycheck some day.

It wasn't a conspiracy because the supposed conspirators are dumber than the theorists.

There was a whitewash afterward, of course, there always is, nobody wants to admit to the power of their own greed and stupidity. That doesn't mean they conspired beforehand. It just means they are greedy and stupid and don't want anybody to notice.

Feel free to enter the dead DUmbass forum soon hag

Mon Aug 4, 2014, 02:44 PM

Whiskeytide (715 posts)
30. There are plenty of conspiracies surrounding 9.11...

... that can be proven without having to defy clear evidence and laws of physics.

The Bush Admin negligently took their eye off the terrorist threat;

The Bush Admin used the attacks as a justification for their war agenda;

The attacks demonstrably proved Bush was incompetent and not at the helm of the government anyway;

...and so on. Why people seem to have to search for the implausible to feed their CT Jones mystifies me.

Yet after 5 1/2 years Odumbo is not responsible for anything.

Response to IronGate (Reply #16)

Mon Aug 4, 2014, 02:36 PM

Politicalboi (11,743 posts)
23. Answers like

Where are the reconstructed planes? How does of biggest defense building get hit by a plane after the towers were attacked in NY. The second tower was hit at 9:03 the Pentagon around 9:46. How does the Pentagon have all that time, and still do NOTHING? Our government isn't perfect, but for the billions spent on defense, I EXPECT better, I guess you don't and are satisfied with this. Good for you. Let's not blame anyone. Go shopping.

God knows that military planes can be scrambled to intercept a plane traveling at top speed with no radar presence in just 45 minutes.
Hell,in most movies they can do it in 15 and 5 on the video games.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 04:09:47 PM »
...Some of whom didn’t even know how to fly.

Well now, they weren't really trying to hijack and commandeer nineteen planes, now were they?

:whatever:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 06:33:47 PM »
Ed Asner's brain died some decades ago; I wonder when his body will will do the same?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 07:38:47 PM »
Ed Asner is a Troofer? Not that surprised, but I thought this old communist wasn't alive any more.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 12:26:49 AM »
Ed Asner's brain died some decades ago; I wonder when his body will will do the same?

As soon as his orifices can finish expelling all of that accumulated methane.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 03:37:15 AM »
What Asner doesn't seem to realize is the power of sheer greed. Because the airlines were too greedy to reinforce cockpit doors and have them lock on the inside, those 19 men were able to gain access and kill the crew. We still have holes in our security because corporations are run by greedy and short sighted business school ****ers who don't care about anything but adding a few cents to the bottom line here and there so that they, too, can claw their way up the ladder and get an eight figure paycheck some day.

:thatsright:

The envy crowd, who wouldn't know structural engineering, aerodynamics,  metallurgy or weights and balances from a Jordanian in the Palestine, thinks everyone is greedy.

You do realize, you warped retarded bitch, that structural changes to aircraft have to be:

1). Designed.
2). Flight tested.
3). Fleet standowns for upgrades.
4). FAA re-certification.

and on and on.....

Oh, wait ......no you don't....

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 03:38:34 AM »
Well now, they weren't really trying to hijack and commandeer nineteen planes, now were they?

:whatever:
:-) :-)

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx