Author Topic: TiT doesn't like fireworks  (Read 4090 times)

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
TiT doesn't like fireworks
« on: July 05, 2008, 07:24:13 PM »
TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-05-08 07:03 PM
Original message
I witnessed something disturbing last night.

While watching the Fourth of July Fireworks on the waterfront in Sausalito, I experienced some mighty strange crowd reaction.

The fireworks were pretty good, but, seven or eight times during the event, a charge would be fired into the night sky that would burst and then send out all these smaller projectiles that looked like fighter-borne missiles. The "missiles" would then streak toward the ground (actually, the water of San Francisco Bay).

I thought it was some kind of strange that, each and every time, the crowd would go into this "Whoo- hoo! Hell yes! USA!USA!USA!"
ecstasy.

In Sausalito, no less. And there were women in the crowd going all nuts, too.

Maybe it would be a good thing if all of those Jingo-Dog Chickenshit Bastards had the opportunity to be fired upon, someday. Maybe just a few rifle rounds, maybe RPGs, maybe mortars.

They'd wet their pants at the first report.

**** 'em. They made me feel like a stranger in a strange land.

What the hell have we come to?

Imagine that. Fourth Of July. Fireworks celebration. Crowds cheering. We're doomed I tell ya! DOOMED!

Squatch  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-05-08 07:06 PM
Response to Original message
3. What the **** is your problem?
 You're getting your panties in a bunch because people are enjoying fireworks...on the fourth of July? Some people need to get a life.

LOL I kinda like this guy.

lonestarnot  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-05-08 07:21 PM
Response to Reply #13
17. Why didn't you throw them in the ****ing lake to see if they could swim? Or if they would just 
 float like a shitpile. Snort.

Why don't you, Billy Badass? Tell you what, you can come down here to Florida and try to throw this cracker in the lake any old day.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3569985

« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 07:28:16 PM by dandi »
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: TiT doesn't like fireworks
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 07:27:01 PM »
Link is messed up.

Maybe it would be a good thing if all of those Jingo-Dog Chickenshit Bastards had the opportunity to be fired upon, someday. Maybe just a few rifle rounds, maybe RPGs, maybe mortars.

They'd wet their pants at the first report.

BTW, report? Since when are mortar rounds and RPGs characterized as "reports", you fakeass sumbitch?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 07:35:39 PM »
Something is very wrong with a person who can not appreciate some of the simpler pleasures in life and even finds disgust when looking upon individuals enjoying those things themselves.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 07:44:17 PM »
Squatch  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-05-08 07:06 PM
Response to Original message
3. What the **** is your problem?
 You're getting your panties in a bunch because people are enjoying fireworks...on the fourth of July? Some people need to get a life.

:lmao: There's my old buddy Squatch! Haven't seen him in a while :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 07:45:30 PM »
Tom in Tit's great great great grandaddy was there the very first time that fireworks were used to celebrate the 4th of July (back then they called it the IVth of July).  He was talking to his friend George Washington and mention in passing he knew a Chinaman named Ching who had these really neat things that shot into the sky and made beautiful patterns.

Washington, being a little drunk at the time, went to see them and the rest, as they say, is History. 

He has seen the actual correspondence, which his great-aunt Abigale refuses to share with the gummint, since she know they will just bury them somewhere.

True StoryTiTM
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 07:49:37 PM »

Guess what Tom,military background or not,we would be shooting back.

You (it would be the first time) would be ducking for cover and looking for a white flag.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 07:59:13 PM »

Guess what Tom,military background or not,we would be shooting back.

You (it would be the first time) would be ducking for cover and looking for a white flag.

He'd be spilling his drink looking for cover under the statuettes. You know, an envelope to a Hallmark card might not make a bad white flag if he fashioned it to the swizzlestick in his drink. Just a thought.  :-)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 08:03:25 PM »
TiTman,

Shut the hell up, get off the computer, and dust off the Precious Moments display, will ya?
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 08:16:43 PM »
They should have played a little Charlie Daniel's for ol' TiT.

Still in Saigon would have been very apropos!

Maybe it would have helped explain why the poor boy was lying on his stomach, in his own piss and shit, under a table weeping like a child.  No, instead all the people were forced to believe he was just a drunken sot.

What a pansy ass.  Hell, he could stop in Texas on his way to Florida and ...... well the problem would probably be taken care of here. 

Let me know when you will be in Huntsville, TX next TiT and I'll be sure to welcome ya!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 08:18:06 PM »
How can people enjoy themselves in this * economy? 

Wait, wasn't this in San Francisco?  Damn Freeper trollls.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 09:05:01 PM »
They made me feel like a stranger in a strange land.

That's because they live in a place you've never known you  :censored: it's called reality.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 09:38:32 PM »
What a ****in sissyboy. He's on a period more then any woman in ******* history .
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 09:40:05 PM »

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 09:45:09 PM »
Tom tried to "waterboard" himself.  What. A. Maroon.  :rotf:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=103x369107

Yeah, whatever TiT, Maybe next time you'll make yourself give up that location of  your secret stash of hash brownies you hid back in 78.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 08:18:17 PM by Airwolf »
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 09:57:03 PM »
TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jul-02-08 06:56 PM
Response to Reply #4
8. No, just crazy.
 The "ex" part came later (much, much, too late).

I gave her the house, the car, AND the dog (a Golden Retriever - I was as tired of all that hair as I was of Crazy).

This tells me all I need to know about this puke!

My dogs keep me sane. I would never, ever, give up my partners! Never, ever!!! :asssmack:
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 10:49:17 PM »
No sense in waterboarding his useless ass because he wouldn't know the truth anyway.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline HACKSAW

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 12:02:49 PM »
They should have played a little Charlie Daniel's for ol' TiT.

Still in Saigon would have been very apropos!

Maybe it would have helped explain why the poor boy was lying on his stomach, in his own piss and shit, under a table weeping like a child.  No, instead all the people were forced to believe he was just a drunken sot.

What a pansy ass.  Hell, he could stop in Texas on his way to Florida and ...... well the problem would probably be taken care of here. 

Let me know when you will be in Huntsville, TX next TiT and I'll be sure to welcome ya!

KC

You and I are on the same page here Tex.

I'm not a big fan of fireworks myself. I mean, I like them when I know they are coming. It's the ones that sneak up on me that I'm not a fan of.

Every year I since I've been back from Iraq, I jump when neighbors fire off one of those mortars with the loud BOOM! I don't dive on the ground any more but they still make me a little antsy. Hell, I once stopped and froze while walking into our local Walmart because a passing car stereo hit a bass note that sounded exactly like a mortar launch. I think I had only been back for about a week, but for that brief instant I was back in Baghdad. My wife looked at me like I had lost my mind.

The reason TiT hates them is for a whole different reason. He hates them because he's an Un American prick.
Liberals are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 01:45:19 PM »
I detect a bouncy tale.  Honestly, who shouts "USA!  USA!" during fireworks?  No one I've ever seen.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 02:32:14 PM »
No sense in waterboarding his useless ass because he wouldn't know the truth anyway.
Training the waterboarders, Sparky.  If they get a tad . . . well, "enthusiastic," crap happens. :-)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline vlad335

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 03:37:23 PM »
I detect a bouncy tale.  Honestly, who shouts "USA!  USA!" during fireworks?  No one I've ever seen.

Lol! In San Francisco to boot! I have seen multiple fireworks displays and never, ever once heard anything like this. DUmmies are so used to lying that they can't even stop and think, "Is this believable?"

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 03:45:23 PM »
We blew off a ton of single and triple "mortars" on Friday night and no one yelled "USA USA!". Not because we were trying to be unpatriotic, but it's just not something common. ....and Augusta, Ga. is VERY patriotic. Only thing besides a WhhooooHoooo, and the sounds of a beer can opening, aside from other chatter, was when some dipshit put one of the mortars in upside down. See, here's the deal, those "mortars" (sometimes called "Festival Balls", are only meant to go in one way, that way is up. Why? Well, because they're supposed to ignite and shoot up in the air. If they're pointed downwards, well, you can just imagine what happened when the first of the trio blew apart the tube. Two were nanoseconds away from going off. We scattered like hell.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 03:48:46 PM »
We blew off a ton of single and triple "mortars" on Friday night and no one yelled "USA USA!". Not because we were trying to be unpatriotic, but it's just not something common. ....and Augusta, Ga. is VERY patriotic. Only thing besides a WhhooooHoooo, and the sounds of a beer can opening, aside from other chatter, was when some dipshit put one of the mortars in upside down. See, here's the deal, those "mortars" (sometimes called "Festival Balls", are only meant to go in one way, that way is up. Why? Well, because they're supposed to ignite and shoot up in the air. If they're pointed downwards, well, you can just imagine what happened when the first of the trio blew apart the tube. Two were nanoseconds away from going off. We scattered like hell.

It's amazing how fast one can run at a time like that, isn't it?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 03:52:33 PM »

I carried a M-203 for years by request under my M-16A2. That's what it sounded like and the tube was about the same diameter.

Offline djones520

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 03:54:24 PM »

I carried a M-203 for years by request under my M-16A2. That's what it sounded like and the tube was about the same diameter.

You soldier boys get to have all the fun.  I haven't even fired an M-16 in over 4 years.  :(
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2008, 03:57:13 PM »

You soldier boys get to have all the fun.  I haven't even fired an M-16 in over 4 years.  :(

Although I liked the M-203, I requested it, if there was one available, for selfish reasons also. I didn't want to get stuck with a f'n M-249 SAW.  :-)