Author Topic: Misogyny, Misandry, and You! (with a bonus DU Fight)  (Read 3392 times)

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
Misogyny, Misandry, and You! (with a bonus DU Fight)
« on: May 28, 2014, 09:59:52 PM »
YoungDemCA (2,215 posts)

Misogyny should not be tolerated on DU

And neither, for that matter, should complaining about "misandry" which is just a reactionary way of complaining about feminism in 99.999% of cases, give or take.

The things that are totally antithetical to Democratic and progressive principles should not be tolerated. Misogyny is among those things.

Lest we forget... http://www.democrats.org/people/women There's a whole section in the Democratic Party devoted to women. There's not an equivalent one for men-as it should be. Know why? Because men aren't a socially disenfranchised class, not historically and not currently in the US. Fact.

Feel free to rec this post if you agree, feel free to trash it if you disagree. But I am tired of seeing the most odious, right-wing talking points re: women and feminism on a supposedly progressive site, routinely, day after day. And I know I am far from alone in that regard.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025010483

Said the feminist.

bravenak (4,119 posts)

1. Everytime i see misandry i start laughing.

But i am not really amused. Just irritated.
Or when i see someone bring up that lady that shot Andy Warhol before i was even born. I guess that one lady evened up the score for all eternity.

Rest easy ladies, a lady shot Andy Warhol so misogyny was over 40 year ago. You are imagining things. Thats how i feel about that. 

You know, you must not think of yourself as too much of a person, Nak. Otherwise, you might start capatilizing "I." I certainly think I'm important enough to capitalize myself.

The lady who shot Warhol speaks for herself, and a section of the women's movement. Her quotes were discusting, and she even belonged to a group with the acronym "S.C.U.M" Says what these kinds of people are in general. What's more? She no doubt at some point had influence over some poor little child who took it to heart. See, that's why history is important, DUmmie. It happens to repeat itself, and become the present.

Major Nikon (14,823 posts)

60. Seems to be quite the joke on DU

Even if it involves jokes about male genital mutilation which would never be tolerated if the gender roles were reversed.

http://www.google.com/search?q=bobbitt+jokes+site:democraticunderground.com

And who can forget about the suggestion that all males be castrated at puberty? That one was a real knee slapper.

Oh, it's on now!!

bravenak (4,119 posts)

71. I was like 8 when the Bobbit thing happened.

Yeah! Why should that alter her perceptions on this particular subject, and shit?!?1!

Oh yeah, and **** you!

As for the rest..... I have seen a man here tell a woman that he hopes she gets raped orally and expires from lack of oxygen. He was not joking. I did not see you speak out against that. Did you? I may not have noticed your post. But i have seen you bring up a lady who shot a guy years before i was born and act like that makes things even.

Let me know when women start going on man killing rampages, rape murdering men by the thousands, and recieving support from feminists. Until then, i think you have a weak case for misandry being the real problem.

You should start a foundation. Men against women laughing at men. You'll make money.

I really didn't mean to chuckle at the bolded when I first read it. I seriously didn't. It's just that the hope in question is so absurd, I couldn't help it.

Now she needs to come up off the proof. Now the post must be show.

...."Rapemurdering?"

Star Member Major Nikon (14,823 posts)

74. How old were you last March?

Because that's when the last one was posted. If you want more examples your generation would have an easier time understanding, just set your DU google to "limp dick". There is no "makes things even" when it comes to sexism. Most people of my generation learned by grammar school two wrongs don't make a right. I hope it's the same for yours.

Perhaps your omnipotent crystal ball is just clearer than mine, but I just don't see every single post on DU out of thousands that are posted daily. I have spoken up about sexism on DU regardless of whether your crystal ball revealed it to you or not and if the post happened exactly as you describe, I most certainly would have in that instance also.

I never claimed the post in question made anything even. I'm sure you must think strawman gibberish is a brilliant rhetorical device, but I can assure you it only works on those too ignorant not to see right through it. Otherwise it tends to have the reverse effect once it's called out for exactly what it is. You might want to think about bringing your A game as this is entirely too easy.

A straw man, also known in the UK as an Aunt Sally, is a common type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on the misrepresentation of the original topic of argument. To be successful, a straw man argument requires that the audience be ignorant or uninformed of the original argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawman

Smarter than the average DUmmie, and quite entertaining.

bravenak (4,119 posts)

85. So something from last march has you riled up during this particular tragedy.

Work on that.
I do not need your lecture. Ever.

You have no real point except to whine about how nobody is worried about misandry. Guess what?
I don't see misandry all day every day. But i do see racism and misogyny everyday Might have something to do with the political affiliation you chose, sweet cheeks.. So i'll worry about that while you save men from being laughed at. Because thats the real problem you have to focus on.
I think it is funny how every time misogyny comes up, some dude has to butt in to complain about misandry. It's almost like you don't want misogyny discussed at all and are trying to derail the conversation and make us talk about what you want to talk about because you think your subject is way more important. Or that men are more important than women. Nobody ever said that, Nak. I will say that as important as women are, men are equally as important. Without one or the other, the race would go extinct.

Never bother to try to lecture me again. I do not go for that type of stuff. Save it for your friends and family. If i want a man i don't know to give me a lecture, i'll watch cosmos.

Never think you are the smartest person in the room. You will always be wrong. 

#BeBossy!

Star Member Major Nikon (14,823 posts)

87. Actually I could give a day old dog shit about what happened last March

But if you are going to cite examples of misogyny on DU that I'm evidently not doing enough about, then at least try not to get wrapped around the axle when someone points out that far worse gets a free pass when it goes the other direction. I have one standard for defining sexism. If you have two, then please don't pretend you are the least bit concerned about equality because you've just proved you aren't.

Dissent is part and parcel to substantive discussion. If you can't stand to have your ideas challenged, then either don't throw them out there for public consumption, use the DU tools at your disposal to filter them, or go to the echo chamber. "derail the conversation" is nothing more than codespeak for shut the **** up and let me educate you which looks a lot more like finger wagging than anything you described.

Just sayin'

bravenak (4,119 posts)

92. I asked you to mind your business and lecture someone else.

Do you understand the words that you are reading?

I said, ' If i need a man i don't know to lecture me, i'll watch Cosmos.'

I really did mean it. No means no, :lmao: as in, no i will not continue this stupid conversation about nothing with you. You are trying to make this about you and your feelings and thoughts and you want me to care about that and ignore my own feelings and thoughts. I told you that i am not interested in your subject change. I want to discuss misogyny.

If you want to discuss misandry, go find a friend to discuss that with becsuse i am simply not interested at this time. You shouldn't be so overbearing an forceful when trying to change the subject. I can see right through that kinda stuff because i have a fully operational bs meter.
Misandry is not the subject not matter how much you want it to be. Your tactics are obvious.
I hope you are done now.

Stop interjecting logic, and reason! You're raping my thoughts!111! NO MEANS NO!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :lalala:

After which, a war of pics, and GIFs ensues. Lol The one Nikon posted where a cartoon character was opening door after door in an attempt to get somewhere actually has me gasping for breath.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:15:26 PM by Revolution »

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline thundley4

Re: Mysogany, Misandry, and You! (with a bonus DU Fight)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 10:06:07 PM »
Wow, the feminazis have tossed all other helpless, defenseless groups under the bus with their butt hurted-ness.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 10:08:21 PM »
I can't tell which one is the girl. :catfight:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: Misogyny, Misandry, and You! (with a bonus DU Fight)
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 10:16:22 PM »
FemiNazis have really been vocal at DU lately. I wonder what PhDD gotta say about this.  :mental:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:22:19 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 10:17:43 PM »
Our favorite little Seabeyond has also just entered the thread.

She's so insufferable... Lol.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 10:26:15 PM »
Wow, the feminazis have tossed all other helpless, defenseless groups under the bus with their butt hurted-ness.
Nature abhors a vacuum.  Someone had to take over after the LGBT purge.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 10:34:41 PM »
Well, as long as the feminists are hogging all the oxygen we don't have to worry about paying reparations.

Hm-m-m-m...

...I'm starting to think feminists are dominating based solely on white privilege.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 04:39:58 AM »
The lib women never say no to Clinnochio. At least in the political arena, they have yet to say no to owebuma. What does no mean from one lib to another ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 05:18:33 AM »
As for the rest..... I have seen a man here tell a woman that he hopes she gets raped orally and expires from lack of oxygen.

I have seen the entire DUmp excuse,apologize for and even praise a man that suggested someone defecate in the mouth of Gov. Sarah Palin.

**** off lunatics.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 09:38:20 AM »
YoungDemCA (2,215 posts)

Misogyny should not be tolerated on DU

And neither, for that matter, should complaining about "misandry" which is just a reactionary way of complaining about feminism in 99.999% of cases, give or take.

Blah, blah, blah...

= "Hatred is really bad unless I'm the one doing it, then it's good."
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 09:48:29 AM »
= "Hatred is really bad unless I'm the one doing it, then it's good."
Well...the gender wars have reignited in full fury, yet again, and Rodger was the catalyst.

It's amazing that they can be so easily rent asunder by their own dogmas. They are thoroughly paralyzed from discussing anything on their normal agendas let alone anything of substance (assuming they ever were).

They have instituted MIRT to keep disruptors at bay yet they do themselves what the Koch Brothers should be paying us to do.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 10:26:01 AM »
Well...the gender wars have reignited in full fury, yet again, and Rodger was the catalyst.

It's amazing that they can be so easily rent asunder by their own dogmas. They are thoroughly paralyzed from discussing anything on their normal agendas let alone anything of substance (assuming they ever were).

They have instituted MIRT to keep disruptors at bay yet they do themselves what the Koch Brothers should be paying us to do.

I think it's about time we had a little 'talk' with them . . . :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 10:35:34 AM »
...I'm starting to think feminists are dominating based solely on white privilege.

Look at the Big Three of the women's libbers--the BainesBane primitive, the seabeyond bitch, and the redqueen primitive.

All three white, all three middle-aged, all three affluent.

Apparently there's no women other than those who are white, middle-aged, and affluent?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 10:51:05 AM »
Well...the gender wars have reignited in full fury
Holy cow, I guess so.  You can't even post anything over there without causing an explosion.  Glad we don't have that problem, I love all you guys. 

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 10:56:48 AM »
I love all you guys.

One at a time or in a group?

*runs like Hell*

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 12:23:48 PM »

*runs like Hell*

:runaway: :runaway: :runaway:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 02:20:45 AM »

*runs like Hell*
There will be no groping in this grouping.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2014, 07:23:14 AM »

Who cares, as long as I get loved first.   :-)
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2014, 07:35:44 AM »
Who cares, as long as I get loved first.   :-)

and second....and third....and fourth....

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2014, 07:44:22 AM »
and second....and third....and fourth....

Wait until Karin sees that....   :popcorn:
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2014, 11:25:22 AM »
Look at the Big Three of the women's libbers--the BainesBane primitive, the seabeyond bitch, and the redqueen primitive.

All three white, all three middle-aged, all three affluent.

Apparently there's no women other than those who are white, middle-aged, and affluent?

There is a lot of "White Privilege" at DU.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Dori

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 11:53:40 AM »

All three white, all three middle-aged, all three affluent

They need a collective DU name.

Any ideas?

S.C.U.M. Bitches (Society to Castrate Unsuspecting Men)

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline BlondeMoment

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2014, 12:03:46 PM »
This would work, although the du men are hardly unsuspecting. They've gotta be masochists/ submissives, so maybe they need their own designation.
Is there anybody over there that isn't some kind of deviant?
As a matter of fact, I *am* a "white wing bigot". I only enjoy venison. And fish. Lots and lots and lots of fish.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2014, 12:07:14 PM »
I expect them to have a DOTY nomination as the Ku Klux Klams.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2014, 09:05:57 PM »

Any ideas?

S.C.U.M. Bitches (Society to Castrate Unsuspecting Men)

If we're talking about DUmp males, you could change the 'Unsuspecting' to 'Useless.'

Chase her.