Author Topic: The latest nail in the Barrycare coffin. Danger. Change your password.  (Read 469 times)

Offline Delmar

Sat Apr 19, 2014, 01:14 AM
Star Member Purveyor (18,322 posts)

Healthcare.Gov Users Told To Change Passwords After Government's Heartbleed Probe

Source: Associated Press

By JULIE PACE | Associated Press | Apr 18, 2014 11:11 PM CDT in Politics, Money, Technology

WASHINGTON (AP) — People who have accounts on the enrollment website for President Barack Obama's signature health care law are being told to change their passwords following an administration-wide review of the government's vulnerability to the confounding Heartbleed computer virus.

Senior administration officials said there is no indication that the HealthCare.gov site has been compromised and the action is being taken out of an abundance of caution. The government's Heartbleed review is ongoing, the officials said, and users of other websites may also be told to change their passwords in the coming days, including those with accounts on the popular WhiteHouse.gov petitions page.

The Heartbleed computer bug has caused major security concerns across the Internet and affected a widely used encryption technology that was designed to protect online accounts. Major Internet services have been working to insulate themselves against the bug and are also recommending that users change their website passwords.

Officials said the administration was prioritizing its analysis of websites with heavy traffic and the most sensitive user information. A message that will be posted on the health care website starting Saturday reads: "While there's no indication that any personal information has ever been at risk, we have taken steps to address Heartbleed issues and reset consumers' passwords out of an abundance of caution."

Read more: http://www.newser.com/article/de75efe030e44a3f9ac36b12f7b4e647/healthcaregov-users-told-to-change-passwords-after-governments-heartbleed-probe.html
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1014783849
Response to Purveyor (Original post)Sat Apr 19, 2014, 02:02 AM
tofuandbeer (1,068 posts)
1. This article is giving the Koch brothers an idea, I'm sure.
Response to tofuandbeer (Reply #1)Sat Apr 19, 2014, 02:55 AM
bvf (54 posts)
3. Or
maybe it was their idea.
Before I get jumped here, let me add that I have absolutely no concrete reason for saying that, other than what everyone knows of their reputations.
Barrycare is all screwed up without any help from the Koch brothers.
Response to Purveyor (Original post)Sat Apr 19, 2014, 08:03 AM
cynzke (352 posts)
4. The crew...
at Faux news are going to have orgasms over this.

The DUmmies aren't worried.  Barry put the best and brightest to work fixing Barrycare-dot-gov.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DLR Pyro

:nelson:
And
:ownit:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020