Author Topic: Brain-dead Kentuck asks "How do Democrats make the ACA a winning issue?"  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
kentuck (70,527 posts)

How do Democrats make the ACA a winning issue??

Because the Republicans plan on running against Obamacare, just like they did in 2010, and they expect to take over the Senate in the process.

Because Republicans have nothing to offer as a substitute for Obamacare, except the old system, where the insurance companies could drop you without an explanation if you had a pre-existing condition, and where they could set limits on how much you were permitted in insurance coverage, where you had to spend all your savings and sell your home and file bankruptcy, to make the extra payments the insurance companies refused to pay, where your teenager could not be kept on your insurance until age 26, where if you were older and on Medicare, you had to pay higher prices for drugs than others in your age group - because of something called the "donut hole".

Not to mention the more than 5 million that have signed up under the new law. Republicans are very good at propaganda and they want their "low information voters" to believe that they will fix the healthcare system. They have no such plans.

I would say, "Be careful before you throw the hated "Obamacare" overboard. You need to think of your children and your family before you go off in a partisan tizzy reciting "news" you have heard on the FOX Network." It is too important to be played for a fool."

As everyone knows, there is a lot that can improved with the ACA law. But Republicans do not want to help fix it - they want to repeal it entirely. Democrats, Republicans, and Independents, need to understand this issue outside of Party parameters. Ask your Republican Congressman what you get in return if Obamacare is repealed??

Too late!  :loser: :loser: :loser:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Oh, I forgot to mention this nugget that Kentuck posted:

Republicans are very good at propaganda and they want their "low information voters" to believe that they will fix the healthcare system. They have no such plans.

You have it backwards, moron.  Your party relies on "low information voters", not us.  That's how we got into the boondoggle of a presidency and the ACA in the first place.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
There is no way you can defend Obamacare. Here is a quick lineup of your possible defenses and how easily they are overcome.

Obamacare is 'the law of the land'  -- 'If so, then why does Obama keep unilaterally rewriting it ?'

Obamacare is working to bring healthcare to the uninsured -- 'at the expense of working men and women of all income levels'

Obamacare just needs to be 'tweaked' and Repubs wont let us -- 'maybe if Democrats read it before passing it, it wouldn't need tweaking'

Obamacare is a Republican idea spawned by 'The Heritage Foundation' -- 'Last I knew, THF is not an elected body, and they cant pass laws'

Obamacare is failing because of greedy insurance companies -- 'Democrats wrote the law, the insurance companies are simply following it'

Obamacare needs to be transitioned to single payer -- 'Democrats can't run a system with less than 5 million users, yet they think they can run a system including every man, woman and child in the United States'

All Republicans want to do is repeal Obamacare, not fix it -- 'No Obamacare is less hazardous to your health than keeping Obamacare'

Y'all Racists ! -- 'Yawn.'

Offline thundley4

Because Republicans have nothing to offer as a substitute for Obamacare

I'm sick of this lie from the left.  It's just another talking point spread by the Liar in Chief.  There have been multiple  plans offered by Republicans.

The problem is that they need to get together and offer a unified plan.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
I'm sick of this lie from the left.  It's just another talking point spread by the Liar in Chief.  There have been multiple  plans offered by Republicans.

The problem is that they need to get together and offer a unified plan.

True - but even if they do, King Harold will deep six it the second it arrives at the Senate, like everything else the GOP house has passed that he disagrees with.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
True - but even if they do, King Harold will deep six it the second it arrives at the Senate, like everything else the GOP house has passed that he disagrees with.

That's why you bring it up on January 3rd, 2015.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
kentuck (70,527 posts)

If you have to ask...

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
kentuck (70,527 posts)

REPEAL IT!
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
kentuck (70,527 posts)

Run on it, somebody will win.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline Delmar

Response to kentuck (Original post)Thu Mar 27, 2014, 05:33 PM
Star Member Wounded Bear (4,845 posts)
6. We don't....

We say, "Obamacare is the law of the land. It already works. It's working. We're moving on to other important issues."
Response to Wounded Bear (Reply #6)Thu Mar 27, 2014, 05:37 PM
kentuck (70,531 posts)
8. Hmmmm...

Just ignore it?
Response to kentuck (Reply #8)Thu Mar 27, 2014, 05:45 PM
9. Didn't say that, but...

The Repubs are running to repeal it. Our pat answer should be as I stated, using various forms.

"We won that debate. Obamacare is working. Next question."

"Six million people have been covered with this. Repubs are running on taking their coverage away. We're running to get people jobs and make sure they pay good wages."

"Republican governors denied coverage to X million people because of ideology. We want to expand that so citizens in red states can have the same benefits of a modern society as those in blue states."

I think there's many ways to "not" run on Obamacare while supporting it and moving the debate to something else.
Response to Wounded Bear (Reply #9)Thu Mar 27, 2014, 07:08 PM
kentuck (70,531 posts)
11. Thanks for the clarification.

Wounded Bear's posts bear the linguistic fingerprints of Florida congressdolt Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Try self-immolation if front of the HHS HQ, DUers.  ALL of you.  It's the only way to really make your point.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
kentuck (70,527 posts)

Ask your Republican Congressman what you get in return if Obamacare is repealed??

Something that can be read and understood BEFORE it's voted on.......
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline Karin

Wouldn't you love to be at a campaign stop, or debate, where a dem candidate had taken Wounded Bear's advice?  So condescending, so arrogant, so flip.  So oblivious to the real problems.  The deafening chorus of boos and shouts of derision would be so much fun. 

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Wouldn't you love to be at a campaign stop, or debate, where a dem candidate had taken Wounded Bear's advice?  So condescending, so arrogant, so flip.  So oblivious to the real problems.  The deafening chorus of boos and shouts of derision would be so much fun. 

They think everyone is like them...willing mooks yearning to be ruled.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
9. Didn't say that, but...

The Repubs are running to repeal it. Our pat answer should be as I stated, using various forms.

"We won that debate. Obamacare is working. Next question."

"Six million people have been covered with this. Repubs are running on taking their coverage away. We're running to get people jobs and make sure they pay good wages."

6 million? Where the hell is this clown getting that number? The damn Sec'y of H&HS doesn't even know the damn number of the people that have actually started to pay. ....and let's not forget about the MILLIONS that LOST their damn plans due to this disastrous piece of shit.

And, as Miskie said, since it's the "law of the land", your big-eared Kenyan President has been breaking the ****ing law for the past year or so on a consistent basis.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Wow. I would LOVE for one of them to tell me 6 million are signed up therefore it's a success.
How would they answer my next question; well how many of those have paid?

Or my follow up; 16 million have lost their insurance, 6 million have 'signed' up, 5 million of the 6 million HAD insurance until it was canceled due to O'bamacare and, you still want to claim success??

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Dori

Wow. I would LOVE for one of them to tell me 6 million are signed up therefore it's a success.
How would they answer my next question; well how many of those have paid?

Or my follow up; 16 million have lost their insurance, 6 million have 'signed' up, 5 million of the 6 million HAD insurance until it was canceled due to O'bamacare and, you still want to claim success??

KC

Last I heard, only one million who were uninsured have signed up.  Of that one million, at least 20% haven't paid and this morning it's estimated that there could be a 20% rate of miscalculation. 

O'care is a disaster.  A recent poll of the uninsured said that 50% will NOT be signing up because they can't afford it.

I'm wondering about the one's who have signed up and made the first month's payment, but have now figured out that they just can't continue making the payments and go into default.  How many of those that paid have since lost their job and now qualify for Medicade?

This was a terrible plan to start with and needs to be scrapped. 

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
And, as Miskie said, since it's the "law of the land", your big-eared Kenyan President has been breaking the ****ing law for the past year or so on a consistent basis.[/quote]

I think Rush found that there is a clause where it can be modified as-needed. This POS was designed to fail, on purpose.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline jukin

I would imagine the same way democrat progressive fascists have been winning the issue, LIE. Lie all the time and attack, ATTACK republicans with lies.

And if anybody thinks that there are 6 million newly insured I have a bridge that I need to move off the lot.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Dori

I would imagine the same way democrat progressive fascists have been winning the issue, LIE. Lie all the time and attack, ATTACK republicans with lies.

Remember when Reid said that all the O'care horror stories were made up lies?  He's on tape saying the they were all lies.

Now he has come out and said that he never said that.  Typical lying freaking Democrats  :banghead:

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Karin

Like when ozero said "What I SAID was, if you liked your plan, you could keep it, provided it hasn't changed."  No, that's not what he said, even though we have videotape of him saying the original over and over.

We all knew the DUmmies lie, they lie all the time.  We now know that this applies to ALL democrats. 

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Like when ozero said "What I SAID was, if you liked your plan, you could keep it, provided it hasn't changed."  No, that's not what he said, even though we have videotape of him saying the original over and over.

We all knew the DUmmies lie, they lie all the time.  We now know that this applies to ALL democrats. 

Or a couple weeks ago the wicked witch of Sebelius saying that the 7 million sign up goal was a CBO estimate and no one in the administration ever considered that.
Then the tape of her saying that 7 million would be needed to be a success was played.

Rush was right today,they know the shills and hacks in the media won`t even report those things so they don`t have an ounce of worry looking the public in the eye and with a wry smile lying to them.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator

Yeah, 'Ole Jug Ears threw out all ambiguous interpretations with one simple word. Period.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Signed up for an insurance policy or signed up for an account @ healthcare.gov?  Because there's no way they would have any information other than the number of user accounts on the website.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Karin

But enough about us.  What do the DUmmies say?

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Thu Mar 27, 2014, 05:28 PM

canoeist52 (1,801 posts)

5. Allow the health insurance "deductables" to sunset some time before November.

People know that they are a scam making insurance too expensive to use.

:rotf:  The smartest people on the planet.