Author Topic: Favorite DU moment evah?  (Read 5733 times)

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
Re: Favorite DU moment evah?
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2014, 02:53:19 PM »
My favorite DU moment is not any that has already happened, it's one that is yet to come. 

I sit and listen with rapt attention whenever Coach spins the tale of the coming Great Discombobulation, when their political masters lose an upcoming election, and the Proglodytes fall on each other like a pack of ravenous hyenas.  The stench of tomb-stoned DUmbass carcasses rotting in the erupting light of that brilliant dawning of the morning in America that Ronaldus Magnus spoke of carrying far and wide across the Island of Misfit ****-ups...

Ahh, what glorious days lie ahead of us... :cheers1: :fuelfire:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2014, 02:55:31 PM »
That was Randi Rhodes, but it doesn't make it any less funny.

It will always be amusing to me.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2014, 03:01:47 PM »
Allegedly dying. Coach didn't get a photo of the corpse, and there's never been an obit anywhere except that weekly Seattle moonbat rag - about as reliable as Crazy Miriam's San Diego blog.

With dozens of moonbats allegedly visiting him up to the day he got whacked, there isn't even one picture of the sodomite looking sick. It was 2005, a couple of years before everyone had smartphones, but nearly everyone was carrying a flip phone with a camera. The sodomite was a DUmp celebrity. Why no pictures?

Coach says he was whacked, so I'm sure he was whacked, but we have no corpus delicti.

And who was it that was going to take a detour on the way to his funeral to beat up frank? Goodboy?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2014, 03:07:42 PM »
I missed the TiT/veriSEAL thing.  Must have been a classic.
Those boys don't much care for stolen valor.

Yeah, not many people can claim to be members of Seal Team 6 before it was even formed...except maybe Chuck Norris. And all the famous people he knew, pillar of the art community and all that. I miss all his stories. The band his son was in, played with Carlos Santana or something. Knew every government insider on the planet. He definitely qualifies for the greatest, most farfetched life among DU'ers. Documenting his life experiences is like documenting Nad's careers.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2014, 03:44:49 PM »
Yeah, not many people can claim to be members of Seal Team 6 before it was even formed...except maybe Chuck Norris. And all the famous people he knew, pillar of the art community and all that. I miss all his stories. The band his son was in, played with Carlos Santana or something. Knew every government insider on the planet. He definitely qualifies for the greatest, most farfetched life among DU'ers. Documenting his life experiences is like documenting Nad's careers.

Cindie

Don't forget Billy Joe Badass putting a shotgun to the chest of the SECNAV at the time, John Warner.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2014, 04:02:35 PM »

Cindie

As I recall, they didn't care much that TiT was obviously lying. They also didn't say much when he was caught redhanded stealing some other dude's lyrics.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline movie buff

« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2014, 08:41:56 PM »
That was Randi Rhodes, but it doesn't make it any less funny.

Whoops, my bad.
To make up for that slip- up, here are two more of my favorite DU moments, to make an even 10:
9. Alan Grayson holding an online Q & A session on the DUmp, with the poor d- bag being stupid enough to actually believe that doing so would help his campaign.
10. In general, all the threads (Mostly during the Bush Administration, but there was a mini- resurgence of them when Occupy was at its strongest) in which the DUmmies openly call for a violent revolution to overthrow and kill everyone who disagrees with them and usher in their unicorns- and- rainbows Communist utopia. These sorts of threads make the list partly because they lead me to envision what would happen if any of the DUmmies actually had the cajones to try half of what they were yelling about online, and how quickly and utterly annihilated they would be.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2014, 12:05:39 AM »

As I recall, they didn't care much that TiT was obviously lying. They also didn't say much when he was caught redhanded stealing some other dude's lyrics.

No, just like they had nothing to say when the drunken Will Pitt's crowning glory, being quoted by Michael Moore, turned out to be another case of Pitt plagiarism.

But of the many cases of DUmp plagiarism, the best was when poor stupid Pam Dawson copied another DUmmies rant word-for-word. She then graciously accepted compliments and even granted other DUmmies permission to forward it to others. Pam was tombstoned for her transgression, but TiT and the drunken Pitt got off scot-free.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2014, 07:01:21 AM »
But of the many cases of DUmp plagiarism, the best was when poor stupid Pam Dawson copied another DUmmies rant word-for-word. She then graciously accepted compliments and even granted other DUmmies permission to forward it to others. Pam was tombstoned for her transgression, but TiT and the drunken Pitt got off scot-free.

That was when Pamela stole something the maudlin waif primitive, the "Mythsaje" primitive, wrote.

The maudlin waif primitive was really proud of his writing, and it wounded him very much.

Despite that Pamela apologized under duress, he was so disheartened he went away from Skins's island, much to our loss, because "Mythsaje" in his prime provided a great deal of inventory for the DUmpster.

What pissed me off was when Ms. Ed, the unappellated eohippus "Horse With no Name," the High Priestess of Moloch to the primitives, thought that Pamela should get a "pass" on the transgression simply because Pamela was who Pamela was.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2014, 07:41:48 AM »
If IIRC, one of you outed Tit in one of his new incarnations (dollar-bill hones). 
The new one didn't last long at the DUmp, when he was highlighted here.
I think he had a third, which was very short lived.  Don't recall the name.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2014, 10:45:30 AM »
If IIRC, one of you outed Tit in one of his new incarnations (dollar-bill hones). 
The new one didn't last long at the DUmp, when he was highlighted here.
I think he had a third, which was very short lived.  Don't recall the name.

Sonoman

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2014, 11:51:12 AM »

Despite that Pamela apologized under duress, he was so disheartened he went away from Skins's island, much to our loss, because "Mythsaje" in his prime provided a great deal of inventory for the DUmpster.

Yes. DUmmy Mythsaje was Saje Williams, who was continuously trying to peddle his writing while living with his wife and kids in abject poverty.

His genre was intergalactic vampire sexual perversion, which he pretty much had to himself.

He's a DUmmy who is sorely missed.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2014, 11:53:34 AM »
Yes. DUmmy Mythsaje was Saje Williams, who was continuously trying to peddle his writing while living with his wife and kids in abject poverty.

His genre was intergalactic vampire sexual perversion, which he pretty much had to himself.

That is really carving out a specific niche.  :lmao:

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2014, 12:00:07 PM »

Saje was self-parodying: a Target employee who loathed his job, but had to earn some bank while he waited patiently for his fiction to climb up the charts. I always thought he and TwixVoy were cut from the same cloth. Which by the way, TwixVoy hasn't been seen since his bouncy that was then lampooned by Dreamer Tatum. This, despite Twix's claim that he put all of his wealth in gold coins, which he then stored in the walls of whatever hovel he lived in.

Man, those were the good old days. Here is Saje's profile, along with some reviews of his many "books." Note that he has as many books as he does reviews, which should be an indication that the whole writing thing isn't going that well.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2014, 03:09:00 PM »
This, despite Twix's claim that he put all of his wealth in gold coins, which he then stored in the walls of whatever hovel he lived in.

I'm pretty sure Twix could put all his wealth in a single gold coin.

Twix was fired at Target for insubordination, then was on the verge of several other jobs only to wash out on the drug test.

One of my favorites was all the excitement over a new job at the air  port, with a failed last minute drug screen.

Then he was going to move to Portugal, of all places, to sponge off his son. That fell through when his son refused to tell Twix his Portuguese address.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2014, 03:16:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure Twix could put all his wealth in a single gold coin.

And it would still have chocolate at the center.

Twix was fired at Target for insubordination, then was on the verge of several other jobs only to wash out on the drug test.

Didn't he get hired at Whole Foods and get canned the same day for being drunk?

Then he was going to move to Portugal, of all places, to sponge off his son. That fell through when his son refused to tell Twix his Portuguese address.

Or where, in general, Portugal is.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2014, 03:18:35 PM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2014, 03:58:04 PM »
Chana Masala

Good one; a demonstration on how the primitives lie and cheat.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2014, 07:05:52 AM »
No, just like they had nothing to say when the drunken Will Pitt's crowning glory, being quoted by Michael Moore, turned out to be another case of Pitt plagiarism.

That's the one where I called him out--he had ripped off Douglas Adams.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2014, 08:35:27 AM »
I loved the polyamory scandal, where buttsniffa and his homely wife brought a hotter chick into their marriage. All three of them bragged of their 'modern' relationship on the DU and received tons of accolades for their progressive relationship.

Then, buttsniffa and the hotter chick kicked homely wife to the curb, and DUsaster occurred.

It was priceless.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2014, 09:35:29 AM »
Shandris (1,531 posts)    Fri Mar 7, 2014, 07:41 PM

412. The day one of our threads got put into the Library of Congress during...

...the elections.

Oh, I'm sure Skins's island has been archived in a lot more places than just the Library of Congress.

The Secret Service, the Internal Revenue Service, the National Security Agency, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms Bureau, the Department of Homeland Security, many local and all state law-enforcement agencies, &c., &c., &c.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2014, 09:43:46 AM »
Oh, I'm sure Skins's island has been archived in a lot more places than just the Library of Congress.

The Secret Service, the Internal Revenue Service, the National Security Agency, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms Bureau, the Department of Homeland Security, many local and all state law-enforcement agencies, &c., &c., &c.

Yes. But the best archive of DUmp lunacy is The DUmping Ground

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2014, 10:12:56 AM »
I loved the polyamory scandal, where buttsniffa and his homely wife brought a hotter chick into their marriage. All three of them bragged of their 'modern' relationship on the DU and received tons of accolades for their progressive relationship.

Then, buttsniffa and the hotter chick kicked homely wife to the curb, and DUsaster occurred.

It was priceless.

Forgot that one!

:cheersmate:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2014, 11:04:55 AM »
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.