Author Topic: Bitter DUmmies Trash Their Island  (Read 884 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Bitter DUmmies Trash Their Island
« on: February 21, 2014, 09:37:52 AM »
From the "closed" Facebook Group comes this little gem: (DU names used where possible)

Whoa_Nelly

Well. This explains a lot about certain people at DU

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/online-trolls-are-psychopaths-and-sadists-psychologists-claim-9134396.html

Online trolls are psychopaths and sadists, psychologists claim

independent.co.uk

Canadian researchers have confirmed what most people suspected all along: that internet trolls are archetypal Machiavellian sadists.

Let the  :fuelfire: begin...

kentauros

I don't have a degree in psychology and I could have said the same thing, and gotten paid for it!

Kay 

Just had seen this article earlier and then saw your comment or post in sidebar so responded. Not going to go on the DU as I saw quickly not my cup of tea. Dealing with this situation esp in relation to the "guilters" haters of Amanda Knox. In that case i add misogyny to the list.

madrchsod

i gave up giving money to du. been a paid member since 2002 and the shit i read in gd is`t worth my money. there`s just a few people who have poisoned me with their personal hangups. i`ll still post in a few forums if i can avoid certain members. i have this page , many others on facebook ,and blogs that i read and post on.

T. Foch

On DU it's becoming common because of the lack of moderation (and the old mod system had some serious flaws but it still beat the pants off of the new system where random "juries" make even more random decisions on trolly behavior.)

Hochhalter

The bad thing about DU is that sometimes even having an opinion that even mildly strays from the majority gets you flamed as if you campaigned for Mitt Romney and slept with Karl Rove both. Half the time I don't get the crap that does pass for news there. I post less and less. It certainly isn't the awesome place it was when I first got there back in 2002.

Ray 

Right now they are on a white-night every other thread kick. I have no idea what that even means, and probably will be sorry if I ask or find out.

T. Foch

Ray It all started with a Will Pitt thread....

Gallagher

DU sucks.

You paying attention $kimmer?

No link for obvious reasons.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: Bitter DUmmies Trash Their Island
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 09:47:01 AM »
Ray 

Right now they are on a white-night every other thread kick. I have no idea what that even means, and probably will be sorry if I ask or find out.
Is white-night a dog whistle code word for day time?   :???:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 09:48:10 AM »
Good find, TxRadioGuy!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 09:53:03 AM »
Is white-night a dog whistle code word for day time?   :???:

My guess it is some euphemism about men...Knight on a white horse maybe.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 10:00:28 AM »

If they're blaming Pitt...then I'm guessing it has to do with this thread:

Tue Feb 18, 2014, 04:35 PM
WilliamPitt

I would walk through fire for the women of DU, my wife, my daughter, my mother, every woman I know.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024522530
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 10:04:26 AM »

That would fit my guess perfectly too.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 10:14:12 AM »

By George, I think you've got it.  :cheersmate:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Dori

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 10:15:52 AM »

This is complicated.  According to the fems on DU, a white-knight is a derogatory term used by anti-fem men for men that support the fems' point of view.

From what I can decipher, the anti-fem men don't really use that term, but it's implied, according to the fems.  

Yeah, I know...... :panic:

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:12:26 PM by Dori »
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 12:56:37 PM »
They say that, but then when they get booted off they come crawling back again under a different user name.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 01:53:34 AM »
This is complicated.  According to the fems on DU, a white-knight is a derogatory term used by anti-fem men for men that support the fems' point of view.

From what I can decipher, the anti-fem men don't really use that term, but it's implied, according to the fems.  

Yeah, I know...... :panic:

white knight, mangina, beta, and omega are types of males commonly described in the manosphere. The other three are variants of betas.

A beta is a typcal nice guy.  He listens to the girl talk about her day, bitch about her friends, complain about life, while being gentle and supportive, perhaps buying her things to show her he has money.  All in an effort to get laid while ignoring that his behavior is ultimately undoing any real chance of that.

A white knight will defend the behavior of women, even if said behavior is indefensible, he may say it is in the spirit of equality, but it isn't honest.  Some of Will Pitt's screeds paint him as a white knight.

Manginas are a lot like white knights except that instead of "valiantly defending the right of a woman to behave like a drunken sailor" they commiserate with women and talk about how unfair it is and how somebody needs to do something to make it so men can "feel women's pain". 

An omega falls into two categories.  Type 1 is a mess, He is utterly unable to hold a conversation with a normal woman.  Type 2 is potentially dangerous, since he can't live within societal rules he may try to make his own rules and decide to take what he wants.  Fortunately, omegas are a very small percent of the population.

I have been around the manosphere lately, maybe licking my wounds, maybe trying to learn some things.  I have encountered those terms quite a bit lately.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 06:45:23 AM »
Hochhalter

The bad thing about DU is that sometimes even having an opinion that even mildly strays from the majority gets you flamed as if you campaigned for Mitt Romney and slept with Karl Rove both. Half the time I don't get the crap that does pass for news there. I post less and less. It certainly isn't the awesome place it was when I first got there back in 2002.

Gee,.....and all it took was the 2 x 4 of LIbEral ProgreSsive Fundamentalism upside the head for 12 years for you to figure that out.

Take a cookie.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Dori

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 07:45:17 AM »

I have been around the manosphere lately, maybe licking my wounds, maybe trying to learn some things.  I have encountered those terms quite a bit lately.

Thanks for explaining all that.  What's happening to our lexicon?  It's getting ridiculous. 
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 08:17:55 AM »

Yeah.  The confusion arises because 2/3 of them are too illiterate to know that 'Knight' is spelled with a 'K.'
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 11:12:25 AM »
Yeah.  The confusion arises because 2/3 of them are too illiterate to know that 'Knight' is spelled with a 'K.'

lol @ white night.... guess that would be an evening in the middle of a circle of fruity primitives. Pitt stain would most likely have better success there.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)