Author Topic: With no family to buy for, all of my money is MINE, MINE, MINE  (Read 964 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
With no family to buy for, all of my money is MINE, MINE, MINE
« on: December 18, 2013, 05:45:22 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024187928

Tue Dec 17, 2013, 01:42 AM

Star Member RB TexLa (16,419 posts)

A nice thing about not having a family during Christmas, I don't have to spend any of

my money on presents. Nothing, not one dime

Greed has no limits.

Response to RB TexLa (Original post)

Tue Dec 17, 2013, 01:55 AM

Star Member KansDem (25,690 posts)
1. Tell me about it!

Got home from work last Thursday to find water gushing out of a broken pipe and flooding the garage. It had frozen, cracked the pipe, then thawed.

I did my best to stem the flood (shut off water and applied a repair kit) but had to have a plumber out on Friday to fix it properly.

$400!!

That sure put a crimp in the ol' holiday shopping!

Now when a member of the family asks me, "Hubby/Daddy, what are you getting me for Xmas?" I reply "Running water."

Your Christmas budget is only 400 dollars?

Tue Dec 17, 2013, 02:02 AM

Star Member Luminous Animal (19,842 posts)
2. I have family and I don't spend a dime on them.

(Except for my daughter - I buy her socks.)

Must be the lone democrat.

Tue Dec 17, 2013, 02:09 AM

Star Member The Velveteen Ocelot (36,235 posts)
3. I wish I had someone to buy gifts for.

I have almost no family, wish I had someone to spend money on.

Response to The Velveteen Ocelot (Reply #3)

Tue Dec 17, 2013, 02:17 AM

Star Member cilla4progress (3,493 posts)
5. I'm touched by your post.

I have a very small family, and few to buy for.

I share your loneliness.

Sending blessings and love your way. May you find people to share your love with.

Response to The Velveteen Ocelot (Reply #3)

Tue Dec 17, 2013, 10:13 AM

Star Member a kennedy (7,783 posts)
19. We buy gifts for our older veterans. They have requests written down and we will

choose two of the requests lists and buy what is written on the lists. I feel they really need to be remembered also.

BULLSHIT!!!!!!

Tue Dec 17, 2013, 02:45 AM

Star Member Warpy (73,277 posts)
8. I'd rather still have my family, thanks.

However, it's nice to get through the season without having to pretend a bunch of stuff I don't feel.

I think they kept every single present I ever sent them. I know my mother filched a couple of bad paintings out the trash when I left town for Boston.

The best presents were the ones I found threadbare and stained because I knew they'd been used over and over.

We've seen pics from inside of your shack. What a pig sty.

Tue Dec 17, 2013, 06:57 AM

pintobean (10,714 posts)
11. What happened to your wife?

Response to pintobean (Reply #11)

Tue Dec 17, 2013, 09:25 AM

12. She isn't my wife anymore. Nothing happened to her

:lol:

Tue Dec 17, 2013, 10:32 AM

nadinbrzezinski (128,322 posts)
21. I hate to say it...you are Scrooge

Last edited Tue Dec 17, 2013, 10:34 AM - Edit history (1)
I am Jewish and we still gave a few things to friends, including money to the widow of the man, who's family saved my father during the holocaust. I am glad to put that money in the mail to Poland every year. I guess moral obligations are alien to you too. Me, and I are your vocabulary, not we or us.

If you think this makes you nice, no it does not. It makes me feel sorry for you, to points of really sorry. What happened to you to make you this selfish I have no idea.

Tue Dec 17, 2013, 01:03 PM

Star Member el_bryanto (5,309 posts)
25. Yeah it's great.

Last edited Tue Dec 17, 2013, 01:04 PM - Edit history (1)
Nothing better than being alone at the holidays to put your life in perspective. Just underlines what a cruel meaningless joke life is.

Bryant
These are some of my favorite types of DUmmy threads. I love it when they expose their misery.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
Re: With no family to buy for, all of my money is MINE, MINE, MINE
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 05:53:43 AM »
Why must they wait for Christmas to give gifts to friends/relatives?
This too shall pass.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 05:56:11 AM »
Two words that are foreign to DUmmies:

Make friends.

Make friends.

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 05:57:03 AM »
The idiots on the island are truly a miserable bunch.  It's the little snippets like this that you see the true loathsome people they are.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 05:59:47 AM »
I checked out this thread yesterday and it reminded me of a thanksgiving thread where it was stipulated that DUmmies hate their families.

Or rather, that their families would just as soon not have them around, and the DUmmies sense this so they go...well I got this uncle who is just insufferable so I ain't going.

Don't worry DUmmies, It's ok to sit alone in the darkness.

After all, you don't believe in all this crap...right?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline Tucker

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 06:02:54 AM »
The idiots on the island are truly a miserable bunch.  It's the little snippets like this that you see the true loathsome people they are.

Yep.

That's another reason I love the Christmas season. You know that some of them add to the total count of suicide during the holidays.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 06:05:04 AM »
I checked out this thread yesterday and it reminded me of a thanksgiving thread where it was stipulated that DUmmies hate their families.

Or rather, that their families would just as soon not have them around, and the DUmmies sense this so they go...well I got this uncle who is just insufferable so I ain't going.

Don't worry DUmmies, It's ok to sit alone in the darkness.

After all, you don't believe in all this crap...right?

You're missing how DUmmies think. It's not about what you give but what you get.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 06:11:51 AM »
You're missing how DUmmies think. It's not about what you give but what you get.

Eh..I figure you are right, BUT, they do seem to despise the holidays.

And they won't let you forget it.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

-Sun Tzu

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 06:34:10 AM »

Last edited Tue Dec 17, 2013, 10:34 AM - Edit history (1)
I am Jewish and we still gave a few things to friends, including money to the widow of the man, who's family saved my father during the holocaust. I am glad to put that money in the mail to Poland every year. I guess moral obligations are alien to you too. Me, and I are your vocabulary, not we or us.

If you think this makes you nice, no it does not. It makes me feel sorry for you, to points of really sorry. What happened to you to make you this selfish I have no idea.

A most strange post from the pretend reporter who claims to know and have done everything yet knows next to nothing and has never done much beyond winning DOTY.

I am Jewish — She is posting on a website that openly hates Israel and secretly appears to hate Jews.
saved my father during the holocaust — She is posting on a website whose mindset and adoration toward their political leaders very much matches the mindset and adoration as shown by the population that allowed the holocaust to take place.
moral obligations are alien to you — She is posting at a website whose idea of ‘moral’ is to do what feels good and whose idea of ‘obligation’ is even more skewed.
Me, and I are your vocabulary, not we or us — She is posting at a website where each member, including herself, thinks he, she and/or it is the center of the known universe.
What happened to you to make you this selfish — She is posting at a website whose central theme is to steal from honest people who work and pass out the loot to those too sorry to work (in other words, themselves) which on its face seems kind of selfish.

On the plus side for the pretend reporter, despite some punctuation that is as bad as that of a some fictional spirit-guides she has finally prepared a writing that did not need to go through some sort of translation device in order to understand it.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 06:38:53 AM »

The thread title made me think of it...
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 06:48:00 AM »
I'll even you up cause that's funny.

^5
- Napoleon Bonaparte

-Sun Tzu

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 07:09:23 AM »
Yep.

That's another reason I love the Christmas season. You know that some of them add to the total count of suicide during the holidays.

One can always hope for one more! :whistling: O-)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 07:33:01 AM »

Tue Dec 17, 2013, 02:23 AM

Captain Stern (322 posts)

7. I get gifts for people in my family.

I enjoy it.

But I sure as hell don't drink with them.

:lmao:  Remember that reference?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 07:42:39 AM »
Well, I have to say that was probably the most cogent and reasonable thing nads has ever posted.  There was also some pretty good sarcasm directed at the OP in that thread from other DUers enjoying a moment of lucidity, which seems to have largely sailed past many of us here.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 08:05:03 AM »
You know that some of them add to the total count of suicide during the holidays.

I would dearly love to encourage and assist them, in that endeavor, during this Holiday season.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 08:05:47 AM »
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 01:42 AM

A nice thing about not having a family during Christmas, I don't have to spend any of

my money on presents. Nothing, not one dime

"Your" money? DUmmy, that money doesn't belong to you, it belongs to the government. You had best be sending in that extra scratch to the IRS so they can redistribute it as they see fit.

Hey, it's what you demand of the 1%. You going to follow those same demands or are you the hypocrite we know you, as a liberal, to be?
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 09:13:39 AM »
Your Christmas budget is only 400 dollars?

Not to "side" with the DUmmie, but this would have been nice. Our company did away with Christmas bonus's 4 years ago. Since then Christmas has been pretty "thin". We don't even get a party this year. Ho, Ho, Hum.  :p
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Dori

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 10:30:04 AM »
Well, I have to say that was probably the most cogent and reasonable thing nads has ever posted. 

I was surprised by her post, thinking..."Nads couldn't be a mole could she"?
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 11:11:28 AM »
A most strange post from the pretend reporter who claims to know and have done everything yet knows next to nothing and has never done much beyond winning DOTY.

I am Jewish — She is posting on a website that openly hates Israel and secretly appears to hate Jews.
saved my father during the holocaust — She is posting on a website whose mindset and adoration toward their political leaders very much matches the mindset and adoration as shown by the population that allowed the holocaust to take place.
moral obligations are alien to you — She is posting at a website whose idea of ‘moral’ is to do what feels good and whose idea of ‘obligation’ is even more skewed.
Me, and I are your vocabulary, not we or us — She is posting at a website where each member, including herself, thinks he, she and/or it is the center of the known universe.
What happened to you to make you this selfish — She is posting at a website whose central theme is to steal from honest people who work and pass out the loot to those too sorry to work (in other words, themselves) which on its face seems kind of selfish.

On the plus side for the pretend reporter, despite some punctuation that is as bad as that of a some fictional spirit-guides she has finally prepared a writing that did not need to go through some sort of translation device in order to understand it.

While I agree, there's no "secret" about it. DU has long shown Stormfront-level anti-Semitism. As for Nadin, she's "Jewish" in the same way that I am "Catholic". In name only, not in practice.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline Tucker

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 11:29:37 AM »
While I agree, there's no "secret" about it. DU has long shown Stormfront-level anti-Semitism. As for Nadin, she's "Jewish" in the same way that I am "Catholic". In name only, not in practice.

I wonder if cousin it has been circumcised?

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2013, 12:15:44 PM »
Many of the primitives haven't bought gifts since Planned Parenthood stopped offering gift certificates a couple of years ago.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2013, 02:23:35 PM »

Caution: Illiterate journo at work!

Really, though, I wonder how much longer the nutcase will keep slinking around, commenting surreptitously on obscure threads. It's like she's trying to hide in full view.

She knows the voting period is over.

I expected her to be back in action with her hilarious OPs by now.

nadin's Big Three: Fires, Filner, Fukushima.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2013, 03:34:01 PM »
nads is Jewish ?
We need to update her resume to include Rabbi.
Who woulda thunk it ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 03:42:31 PM »
I would dearly love to encourage and assist them, in that endeavor, during this Holiday season.

That's easy.

Just wish a DUmmie a "Merry Christmas", then sit back and watch the fun.

(Wear something waterproof, though, the spittle will fly!)   :rotf:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.