Author Topic: So always look for the ... well, maybe not always  (Read 504 times)

Offline zeitgeist

So always look for the ... well, maybe not always
« on: December 13, 2013, 12:27:14 PM »
So always look for the ... well, maybe not

A riddle wrapped in an enigma is what we have here.  Rolicking good fun really.  They don't no whether to deficate or go blind over this one.

Obama Steve, mild mannered union pot stirrer for a great metropolitan sewer system tees it up in this thread which, unlike most of the Weeper's recent efforts, actually garners replies from more than a couple DUmmies.

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/1014671162

Star Member Omaha Steve (37,635 posts)

Exclusive: Chris Hayes attends secret union meeting with unhappy NBC workers

Source: Salon.com

Workers urge MSNBC's top hosts to end silence about alleged fear campaign on their home turf. Ed Schultz demurs

Josh Eidelson

Amid workers alleging union-busting by an NBC Universal-owned company, MSNBC’s prime-time host Chris Hayes recently met privately with a group of them to hear their concerns, according to several people present at the meeting.

Hayes is one of five prime-time MSNBC hosts – along with Rachel Maddow, Al Sharpton, Lawrence O’Donnell and Ed Schultz – whose support the Writers Guild of America–East is seeking in an ugly labor struggle with Peacock Productions, which is owned by NBC Universal and has produced programming for MSNBC. A petition posted by the AFL-CIO and hosted by MoveOn.org Civic Action asks the five hosts to “Please meet with these workers and take a public stand to support their right to organize” at Peacock Productions. None of the five has so far publicly addressed the issue.

Hayes, Maddow, Sharpton and O’Donnell did not comment in response to Monday inquiries (sent to MSNBC or personal email addresses, to Sharpton’s National Action Network, and to Random House, which published Maddow’s book; Random House referred the inquiry to MSNBC).

But, asked about the campaign, Schultz emailed Salon, “Moveon.org has never been an ally of Ed Schultz, why should I help you with a story? Give me a reason.” A follow-up email was not answered. (The email came from a personal address provided to Salon by people who have been in touch with him there; following a series of inquiries, an MSNBC spokesperson said, “I can’t confirm that e-mail address,” but declined to dispute that it belonged to Schultz.)

FULL story at link.

Read more: http://www.salon.com/2013/12/12/exclusive_chris_hayes_attends_secret_nbc_union_meeting/  

The delecious irony begins early on in the thread.

Star Member loudsue (12,832 posts)

1. I would hate to see these five people take a stand that would get them fired.
We are living in a war zone. ******* the corporate masters!

Whoa, cry treason and let loose the dogs of war, Miss Scarlett!!

merrily (2,100 posts)

5. If we are living in a war zone, and I believe we are, you are suggesting surrender.

Star Member loudsue (12,832 posts)

26. Keeping a job -- a really good job where you do a lot of good every day -- isn't exactly

surrender. It's more like ..... SMART.
Look out Sweetsue Pizza the Hut may be coming after you!!

Response to loudsue (Reply #26)

Fri Dec 13, 2013, 12:35 AM

merrily (2,100 posts)

27. Working for a union busting employer to save yourself
is not about doing good for others.

It's about keeping your own job, period. Your own job, where you pretend to care about workers, to think union busting is awful when a Republican does it, but not when your corporate boss does it.

And, yes, in the battle against corporatism, it is surrender.

As well as hypocrisy.

If you don't get that, you can't know much about unionizing. Solidarity is what unionizing depends on.  

Throwing around the "H" word.  My, my, my.  Who'd a thunk it.

Of course the next series is even funnier given the overall viewership of PMSMbc.

Star Member Le Taz Hot (15,965 posts)

35. Good for Chris Hayes for not tucking tail and running the other way.
 As for the other four, I've lost all respect. There are key moments in your life in which you have to take a stand, regardless of consequences. It shows what you're made of. Chris Hayes proved himself by taking this meeting. The other four: talking heads who talk the talk but won't walk the walk. I hope they sleep well at night with their fat salaries. I'm sure the Owners thank them for their cooperation.

Oh the horror.  I don't get no  r e s p e c t.  Reminds me of another funny man I once liked,  Rodney Dangerfield.  Maybe Taz should change her handle.

Response to Le Taz Hot (Reply #35)

Fri Dec 13, 2013, 11:52 AM

41. Chris has the lowest ratings and the most to lose.

I hope that MSNBC doesn't retaliate!  

Why, they can all find work on Comedy Centeral.  Aren't they always hiring A$$ clowns?
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: So always look for the ... well, maybe not always
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 12:39:15 PM »
Response to Le Taz Hot (Reply #35)

Fri Dec 13, 2013, 11:52 AM

41. Chris has the lowest ratings and the most to lose.

I hope that MSNBC doesn't retaliate!

I can only imagine the number of sets tuned to him if he has the lowest ratings.  :rofl:

Offline landofconfusion80

Re: So always look for the ... well, maybe not always
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 12:45:37 PM »
I can only imagine the number of sets tuned to him if he has the lowest ratings.  :rofl:

I found him!

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)