Author Topic: I stole these shoes so the clerk wouldn't get fired  (Read 2430 times)

Offline JakeStyle

Re: I stole these shoes so the clerk wouldn't get fired
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2013, 10:58:18 AM »
Response to tandot (Original post)

Star Member tandot (6,348 posts)        Thu Oct 31, 2013, 10:37 AM
55. * update 2 - change of plans - will donate money to a good cause *

After emailing Kohl's and explaining very clearly what happened and that I would like to pay for the item that the cashier forgot to scan, I got one of those form emails. They apologized that I am unhappy about the item I purchased and that they have a "No Question Asked - Hassle Free" return policy, and to just return the item for a refund or exchange it for another one.

So, their "customer service" didn't even read the email. Maybe they have a computer program that scans the emails for certain words and then automatically sends what it deems the appropriate form email back to the customer. Or maybe they just outsource the customer service to a foreign country and have people there who barely read/speak English.

Kohl's is a pretty big corporation and their response shows that they don't need my money.

So, I'll donate it to a local homeless shelter.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2013, 11:02:42 AM »
It's rare for even a DUmmy to admit a theft in such detail.

Even Doug only admitted to "hiding" the TV remote.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2013, 11:08:18 AM »
Stupid reason to not come forward to not get a clerk fired.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2013, 11:12:35 AM »
It would be a significant public service if anyone could identify DUmmy tandot in the real world, and her nearest Kohl's department store.

A lot of future theft might be prevented.

It might even be possible to follow the name further and generate a wallduding, since most employers frown on thievery among their employees.

The investigative capabilities here never cease to amaze, and they've always been used to advance truth, justice, and the American way.

DUmmy tandot deserves a bad experience every bit as much as Doug and Eva.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2013, 11:13:59 AM »

Star Member tandot (6,348 posts)        Thu Oct 31, 2013, 10:37 AM
55. * update 2 - change of plans - will donate money to a good cause *

And that would be the " tandot rainy day emergency fund."
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2013, 02:44:53 PM »
And that would be the " tandot rainy day emergency fund."
tandot emergency tropical vacation fund.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2013, 03:23:15 PM »
rug (52,430 posts)

Well, hell, I forgot to ring up a pair of shoes and now I'm fired.

Capitalist pigs.

Downwinder (8,394 posts)
1. Is this a response to the posting yesterday,

Last edited Thu Oct 31, 2013, 02:17 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

where everyone told her to return and get the the shoes rung up?

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2013, 03:26:17 PM »
Oh, coincidence, how you love to tickle my funny bone.

What are the odds of two DUmmies running into each other at the same store with the same story?  :rofl:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2013, 03:28:15 PM »
MFM fails at being funny.

Ouch.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2013, 03:41:04 PM »
If I were DUmmy tandot, I'd be very worried about being identified. Very worried.

The decent and civilized innertube sleuths have a high batting average.

Ask Doug Bulna or Eva Gage.

A TV remote, fictitious earwigs, a second-rate pair of gym shoes.

It's amazing, the trivial things that DUmpmonkeys will risk so much over.

Their genetic democrat dishonesty just gets the better of them.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2013, 06:39:41 AM »
HA! No WAS stealing. This woman saw it not being scanned and got all giddy about her score at the store and could not wait to tell someone. Then relized she would look bad to her DUmmy pals so made up this B.S. even though most if not all would do the same.

Exactly.  I don't think I have ever not seen a customer watch the register to make sure they are getting their "deals". 

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2013, 05:53:09 AM »

Sun Nov 3, 2013, 08:56 PM

Star Member tandot (6,352 posts)
83. * update #3* This was very interesting

Again, I really appreciate ALL the posts I've gotten. The ranged from "windfall" to "how dare you not paying for the shoes" ...

I am not going to respond to each of your posts, put I learned a good lesson.

I went back to Kohl's today with the empty shoe box to pay for my purchase. The customer service clerk was very surprised and happy. While she was scanning in the bar code on the shoe box, she said that she'll give me 25% off. So, I paid

Price of the shoes: $64.99
minus 25% = $16.25
Plus Tax = $3.90

Total $52.64

On top of that, I got $10 cash back (for every $50 purchased) that I can cash when I make my next purchase. The whole transaction took less than two minutes ... no questions asked. I doubt they'll investigate which cashier was on duty and forgot to scan the item.

Also, I donated $100 to

Family Promise of Sacramento
donate@sacfamilypromise.org

Most of the homeless shelters are run by religious organizations. I didn't have a lot of choices. However, they have a range of "guest churches" that help feed the needy:

Host Congregations
Bethany Presbyterian
B’Nai Israe
Calvary Lutheran
Carmichael Presbyterian
Beth Shalom
Faith Presbyterian
First UMC
Fremont Presbyterian
Grace Lutheran
Rancho Cordova UMC
St. Anthony’s Catholic
St. Mark’s UMC
St. Johns Lutheran
Sierra Arden United Church of Christ
Trinity Episcopal Cathedral
Unitarian Universalist Society

Since Unitarian Universalist Sociaty was one of them, I think it was the best choice.

I'll probably not be able to check in for a couple of days. I can't express how much appreciate all of the replies. Thank YOU!

Not a single reply about who feeds the hungry. To a democrat, benevolence is just another word.

Anyway, she said she took care of her thievery. I don't believe it. For one thing, democrats don't donate money to charity. They donate other people's money.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2013, 09:15:42 AM »
Coach should set up a bouncy of the year award, if he hasn't already.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2013, 10:21:07 AM »
She had to be told to return to the store to make up for the mistake?  Something not ringing up does happen from time to time.  Something getting missed by the clerk and the customer in the bottom of the buggy happens as well. 

I had a can of coffee get lost in the bottom of the cart once just as the store closed once.  I had to get the security guard to let me back in and then find a clerk (actually manager) to ring it up. They were surprised.  They know that happens but almost nobody comes back in.  The area is overrun with government employees.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2013, 10:23:30 AM »
^Oh, I get it...owebuma voters.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2013, 11:51:58 AM »
Most of the homeless shelters are run by religious organizations. I didn't have a lot of choices. However, they have a range of "guest churches" that help feed the needy:

Host Congregations
Bethany Presbyterian
B’Nai Israe
Calvary Lutheran
Carmichael Presbyterian
Beth Shalom
Faith Presbyterian
First UMC
Fremont Presbyterian
Grace Lutheran
Rancho Cordova UMC
St. Anthony’s Catholic
St. Mark’s UMC
St. Johns Lutheran
Sierra Arden United Church of Christ
Trinity Episcopal Cathedral
Unitarian Universalist Society
What, no mosques?

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2013, 12:00:48 PM »
I went back to Kohl's today with the empty shoe box to pay for my purchase.

The definition of a DUmbass is anyone who believes that lie.

DUmmy tandot was getting nervous that someone would track down her real-world identity and set the walldude bandwagon in motion.

This latest lie is an attempt to avoid becoming the new Doug Bulna.

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2013, 04:32:51 PM »
She had to be told to return to the store to make up for the mistake?  Something not ringing up does happen from time to time.  Something getting missed by the clerk and the customer in the bottom of the buggy happens as well.  

I had a can of coffee get lost in the bottom of the cart once just as the store closed once.  I had to get the security guard to let me back in and then find a clerk (actually manager) to ring it up. They were surprised.  They know that happens but almost nobody comes back in.  The area is overrun with government employees.

Funny we don't hear stories like that from the DUers, though.  

I took my daughter out for some retail therapy on Sunday. As we were browsing the shoe isle in Target, she happened to notice that there was a gift card for $20 sitting next to a box of shoes. No one else was around.

First words out of her mouth? "Mommy, I'm going to return this to the Customer Service desk." I've raised her right so far, thank goodness.

But then I read the screeds of all these moochers and users, and it makes me ill.  
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2013, 06:40:37 AM »
I agree, you don't hear those "return for not paying" stories.   I get ticked if I am not rung up because that means I have to go back in and stand in line. I have, however, a few times found something that wasn't paid for and I didn't go immediately back in, ususally when it's a really busy day. But I do ask the cashier to ring up the item and then put it back in the return bin behind her and tell her why I am doing it.  Karma is very bad and it always gets me.  I don't dare.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2013, 09:49:48 AM »
I ordered one copy of Rush Limbaugh's new book Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims from amazon.com.  Two copies came in the mail.  I checked my amazon.com account to confirm that I only paid for one--which was the case--and then I forgot about it until now.  I am not going to go through the bother of sending back a ~$10.00 book.  Rush deserves to be paid for his work, but I'm not going to waste any of my leisure time fixing someone else's $10.00 screwup.  Sorry Rush.  But no apologies to my fellow cavers for not seeking their advice on how to handle this matter. 

"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Dori

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2013, 10:33:54 AM »
Not sure what I would do, as I can't remember an occasion when it's happened before.  I think it would depend on how much it cost and how far I would have to go to return it.

I know there have been dozens of times I picked up something marked on sale, only to find it wasn't when I rang out and there have been times at the market, where I was charged for an item, but for some reason never got home with it.   :???:

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2013, 10:35:37 AM »
I used the nadin to search for Skechers Go Walk shoes just so I could see what kind of shoes a DUmmy might wear .  I would call them hideous.  They look like something a little trailer park rugrat might wear.  
http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-c33179/skechers-gowalk-baby-walking-shoes-women.jsp

Myself, I would probably never have noticed that the receipt was wrong unless there was a problem with the shoes and I needed to take them back.

p.s.  I see that Kohls now has them on sale for ~$40.00, if that helps to ease the DUmmy's conscience.

H5 for you!  I own that exact pair of shoes and they are outrageously comfortable!  Unlike the DUmmy, I paid for them without all the drama.  Honestly, they aren't the prettiest shoes but at this point in my life, I choose comfort over fashion any day.  

P.S.  I'm not a trailer park rugrat, either. 

:panic:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:37:51 AM by Traveshamockery »

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2013, 06:09:13 PM »
I ordered one copy of Rush Limbaugh's new book Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims from amazon.com.  Two copies came in the mail.  I checked my amazon.com account to confirm that I only paid for one--which was the case--and then I forgot about it until now.  I am not going to go through the bother of sending back a ~$10.00 book.  Rush deserves to be paid for his work, but I'm not going to waste any of my leisure time fixing someone else's $10.00 screwup.  Sorry Rush.  But no apologies to my fellow cavers for not seeking their advice on how to handle this matter. 

Put it into the Conservative Cave traveling library. Maybe a fellow caver will make it up to Amazon.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2013, 08:34:06 PM »

H5 for you!  I own that exact pair of shoes and they are outrageously comfortable!  Unlike the DUmmy, I paid for them without all the drama.  Honestly, they aren't the prettiest shoes but at this point in my life, I choose comfort over fashion any day.  

P.S.  I'm not a trailer park rugrat, either. 

:panic:

I'm not a trailer park rug rat either!  I have the same shoes, but when I bought mine, they didn't have the cool colors.  Mine are black on black.  And paid for by moi! 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2013, 08:21:29 AM »

I will gladly donate money to Rush if you send me the book.  I want it for my kids.  It's a sign from above!!!!