Author Topic: $60 an hour squeezes will have to wait for Madison's Snuggle House  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
The Snuggle House, a new business in Madison where customers can cuddle with young staff members for $60 an hour, postponed opening this week after failing to convince city attorneys it wasn't a front for prostitution.

The business was supposed to launch on Tuesday but now hopes to open next Wednesday after addressing permitting and other concerns. Meanwhile, more than 300 clients are waiting in line for snuggle sessions with the Snuggle House's four staff members, owner Matthew Hurtado said.

Jennifer Zilavy, an assistant city attorney, said the business has passed necessary inspections but still needs a certificate of occupancy and to show that it has hiring, training, security and other written protocols.

"If they're snuggling with somebody who gets aroused and wants more, what do they have in place to deal with that? Because that's going to happen, there's no doubt about it," Zilavy said.

"We have to be comfortable that it's a legitimate business," she said. "We don't want our police department responding there for sexual assaults all the time. We need to know they've thought through protocols in that situation."

She said the city's No. 1 concern is whether the business could lead to prostitution.

The Snuggle House now has a manual that's more than 100 pages detailing the business' various procedures, Hurtado told the Journal Sentinel in a phone interview Friday.

Clients are prescreened and instructed about boundaries, and he said staff members received hours of training about how to react to possible scenarios.

There are eight security cameras in the 1,200-square-foot office.

"This place looks like Alcatraz," Hurtado said, comparing Snuggle House security with similar businesses.

More at LINK
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
Re: $60 an hour squeezes will have to wait for Madison's Snuggle House
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 04:53:02 PM »
Ummmm.... I'm not sure what to make of this...
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 06:45:21 PM »
Sounds like another Japanese import.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 07:01:46 PM »
Real men are allergic to cuddling.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 07:41:29 PM »
Well...I -- um...You see, what had happened was....

*runs*
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 08:19:38 PM »
Sad and pitiful.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 08:38:02 PM »
Sad and pitiful.

Well, it IS Madison.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 09:52:53 PM »
Well, it IS Madison.
They did reject Bill Ayers, owebuma's best pal.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Online Rick

• Crazy old man
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 10:27:53 PM »
I wonder if there are any franchise opportunities.