Author Topic: Libs lost Colo Recal: End your friendships with Republicans!  (Read 7464 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

Libs lost Colo Recal: End your friendships with Republicans!
« on: September 11, 2013, 06:29:38 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251323353
Wow, DUers hate to lose elections.
Indyfan53 (189 posts)

The NRA won in CO. Fight back!

Well, apparently not enough people cared to pay attention to the right-wing schemes in Colorado.

State Senators John Morse and Angela Giron were defeated after only the conservative minority showed up and voted them out.

Shame to the democrats who stayed home, thinking it was an easy win and nothing mattered after 2012.

Shame on the NRA for brainwashing Colorado people into supporting the repeal of gun control and allow more shootings to occur. They collected signatures of the deceased for their recall petitions, but no action was taken to investigate.

Colorado has been plagued by too many massacres at the hands of gun nuts and the criminally insane. People need to wake up and realize that republicans need to be called out and ousted for their corruption. You must stop being weak and apathetic.

If you know a republican, sever relations with them. They are the enemy. If a republican calls you a commie, call them a fascist.

If you learn that a company bankrolls republicans or a conservative lobbying effort, boycott them. I am sure there are still liberals out there who still by products from Koch Industries.

If you see a tea party rally, document it with a camera.
Report any supicious behavior. If they harass you for doing so, call the police. The tea party needs to be recognized as a terrorist group, just like the Ku Klux Klan or the Aryan Brotherhood. I also recommend carrying pepper spray or a taser if they get physical with you.

We must take this defeat as a sobering slap to the face. We need to wake up, stay vigilant, and get the vote out, now matter what.

Whether it is a midterm election or a recall election, treat it as if your rights depended on it, because they do.

Stay alert, stay active.

Star Member NYC_SKP (52,066 posts)
1. NRA etc. raised only $540,000. Opponents of the recall spent $3,000,000. Hmmm.

Maybe, just maybe, the voters didn't support the way the legislators legislated.

Outside money shows national interest in Colorado recall elections

By Kurtis Lee and Zahira Torres
The Denver Post
Posted: 09/09/2013 12:01:00 AM MDT

Colorado state Sens. Angela Giron and John Morse face recall elections on Tuesday. ((Associated Press and Denver Post file photos))

Colorado's first-ever recall elections of state lawmakers have amassed about $3.5 million from donors both near and far, with those vying to defend the incumbents up for election Tuesday significantly outraising the opposition.

A Denver Post review of finance reports from the 10 active issue committees involved in the recalls of Senate President John Morse of Colorado Springs and Sen. Angela Giron of Pueblo found some donors contributing as little as $1 to as much as six figures.

The committees accepted unrestricted amounts of cash from thousands of individuals and dozens of nonprofit 501(c)(4)s, which do not have to disclose donors, according to the Colorado secretary of state.

Proponents of the recall have raised about $540,000, while opponents have collected nearly $3 million. Much of the cash has come from out of state — a sign of the national significance these recalls have.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24046748/outside-money-shows-national-interest-colorado-recall-elections

1KansasDem (221 posts)
2. Turnout was very high.

Anti-recall forces outspent recall forces 5 to 1.
Explain these loses to me.
Seems like it's a lot more than the NRA.

RBInMaine (9,629 posts)
6. They HAD their chance to "fight back" and BLEW IT ! As in 2010, they SCREWED THEMSELVES.

Dems could have easily defeated those recalls. What the hell ???? They sat on their asses. Simple as that. No excuses. Now let the NRA lick their chops and **** the people. And they DESERVE IT ! They sat on their asses and didn't vote. TOUGH LUCK ! If you don't like NRA TeaPuke radicals running the government, the VOTE, and don't make excuses.
bigdarryl (9,492 posts)
7. Where the hell was the national DNC to help get out the vote

Debbie Wassermann Schultz is one of the worst DNC Chair persons to have every sat in that position.We need Dean back but of coarse Obama wouldn't pick him because he's a progressive.

Offline Karin

Re: Libs lost Colo Recal: End your friendships with Republicans!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 07:17:30 AM »

:yahoo: :cheersmate:

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 07:18:36 AM »
Their pain is a wonderful thing to wake up to this morning. :-)
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 07:24:32 AM »
Yes, I'm sitting here with a smile on my face.  And look at all the money those rich donor libs wasted!  Six figures at a pop?  Gone. 

I still remember that state legislator, forget his name though, didn't want the gals to have guns, because they might get flustered and confused and shoot someone.  Asshole.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 07:38:34 AM »
Their pain is a wonderful thing to wake up to this morning. :-)

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

One of the senators recalled--the woman--was from one of the bluest parts of Denver.

Too bad for the primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 08:25:41 AM »
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

One of the senators recalled--the woman--was from one of the bluest parts of Denver.

Too bad for the primitives.

Uh, coach, the female (Giron) was from Pueblo, methinks?  Nowhere near Denver.  But in any event, it's still good they're gone.  However, the laws they passed still remain, and much is to be done.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 08:28:14 AM »
Good to hear this.  :yahoo:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 08:54:02 AM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 08:41:53 AM »
There was speculation last night that one of the remaining Dem senators was going to flip to Republican and give the republicans the majority in the Senate. We shall see, but that would be the icing on the cake.

I am very tired but it was worth it to stay up most of the night watching the returns come in.  In the concession speeches not a one acknowledged why they were being recalled.

NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 08:43:47 AM »
Uh, coach, the female (Giron) was from Pueblo, methinks?  Nowhere near Denver.  But in any event, it's still good they're gone.  However, the laws they passed still remain, and much is to be done.

I erred; I was too excited and read too fast.

But at any rate, she's from a deep blue area.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 08:49:47 AM »
That's awesome news! I guess politicians need to start distancing themselves from Bloomberg. They need to chill-out and have a Big Gulp.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 09:05:59 AM »
Don't you just love how they think they are assured of victory. When it doesn't happen................. :bawl:

Hey DUMMIES................ :loser:

:rofl:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline DUKOTA

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 09:11:54 AM »
Hopefully this is the start to turning that state back to red.  Woke some people up.  I think I ll go over to the DUmp and gloat.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 09:13:08 AM »
If you know a republican, sever relations with them. They are the enemy.

Well now I ain't feeling so bad for remoteboy.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 09:16:00 AM »
That's awesome news! I guess politicians need to start distancing themselves from Bloomberg. They need to chill-out and have a Big Gulp.
I sometimes call him the Dumbolition Man. If you've seen the movie, you'll know what I mean.

Offline jukin

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 09:32:59 AM »
Whether it is a midterm election or a recall election, treat it as if your rights depended on it, because they do.

Like your SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS?

What a stupid DUchebag.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Karin

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 09:47:18 AM »
Here's another DUmp OP:

Wed Sep 11, 2013, 10:29 AM
CK_John (5,749 posts)

Colorado recall votes bode ill for 2014 and 2016.
The public has accepted the RW as legit and we still think they are just the a fringe group.

The election map will have very few blue states for the next 12 yrs.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023645018

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 09:50:37 AM »
Here's another DUmp OP:

Wed Sep 11, 2013, 10:29 AM
CK_John (5,749 posts)

Colorado recall votes bode ill for 2014 and 2016.
The public has accepted the RW as legit and we still think they are just the a fringe group.

The election map will have very few blue states for the next 12 yrs.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023645018

From your lips to Dog's ears, DUmbass...  :fuelfire:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Dori

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 10:27:49 AM »
Check out Twitchy:

http://twitchy.com/2013/09/11/wasserman-schultz-on-colo-recall-results-this-was-voter-suppression-pure-and-simple/

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Wasserman Schultz on Colo. recall results: ‘This was voter suppression, pure and simple.’

Oh boo hoo - typical liberal fall back position

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Karin

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 10:45:07 AM »
The MasterBator is particularly pissed off today about this.  Here's a sample:

Response to The Straight Story (Original post)
Wed Sep 11, 2013, 01:02 AM
TheMastersNemesis (2,967 posts)
1. Too Many Blue Collar Workers Are Racists And Bigots. They Vote GOP And Their Bible And Their Gun

I don't care if they lose their jobs and work for crap wages and their children go hungry. They damn well deserve it and I certainly would never lift a finger to help them in a time of crisis. Why. Because they would never help me.

We are truly a sick and screwed up nation. I wish I could take my two years of my life back from being in service. We deserve all the evil we get. 

Isn't that charming?  Bless his heart.

Lots of squabbling over this subject, as expected.  Any peep that you might be a dem who doesn't abhore guns, and they scream "REPUKE!  TEABAGGER!  RETHUG!  ENJOY YOUR STAY!  CONCERN NOTED!" 

Offline Dori

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 11:11:44 AM »
I don't care if they lose their jobs and work for crap wages and their children go hungry. They damn well deserve it and I certainly would never lift a finger to help them in a time of crisis.

I hope your employer isn't a republican.... :whistling:

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline thundley4

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 11:20:28 AM »
1. Too Many Blue Collar Workers Are Racists And Bigots. They Vote GOP And Their Bible And Their Gun

I don't care if they lose their jobs and work for crap wages and their children go hungry. They damn well deserve it and I certainly would never lift a finger to help them in a time of crisis. Why. Because they would never help me.

TheMasterbater forgets a simple fact. Most union workers are blue collar workers. A lot of democrats are gun owners and they put their 2A rights above the party line.

Offline Dori

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 11:33:45 AM »
TheMasterbater forgets a simple fact. Most union workers are blue collar workers. A lot of democrats are gun owners and they put their 2A rights above the party line.

Half of Colorado is mountains, they have a lot of military and shale oil.   

In northeastern Colorado, eight counties are moving forward with a ballot initiative to secede and create a new state called Northern Colorado. The movement began at the end of Colorado’s latest legislative session, when the Democratically controlled legislature passed bills unpopular in the more rural eastern part of the state. None was more divisive than Senate Bill 252, which required electric co-ops to double the amount of energy they get from renewable resources by 2020. Republicans vigorously opposed the bill, arguing it would raise rural electricity rates, hurting farmers and ranchers. The bill passed the state senate by one vote and became law earlier this year.

Read more: http://nation.time.com/2013/08/22/red-state-blue-state-old-state-new-state-northern-colorado-tries-to-secede/#ixzz2ebR1MDzY

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 12:09:12 PM »

We are truly a sick and screwed up nation. I wish I could take my two years of my life back from being in service. We deserve all the evil we get.

Well boo ****ing hoo. Suck it long, suck it hard, asshole.  :bigbird:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Karin

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 12:21:19 PM »
Someone pointed out to the masterbator that down at the union hall, they don't much care for gun control laws. 
I love it when the "liberal" values fold in on themselves.

I would think that a certain kind of feminist wouldn't much care for the patronizing attitude that so many of them displayed, thinking that chicks can't handle guns.  Getting raped?  Pee or poop on yourself!  That's the ticket.