Author Topic: DainBramaged Doug Bulna steals television remote (7-year anniversary 08-21-20)  (Read 190508 times)

Offline Charles Henrickson

Re: Dainbramaged stole TV remote to keep FOX off the air
« Reply #225 on: August 27, 2013, 05:08:05 PM »
The one word I would use to describe DB's conduct in this matter is "petty." For such a petty offense, I don't think he should be fired. A good talking-to, maybe a little public humiliation--a pantsing in front of the sales team, something like that--DB climbs up in the rafters and retrieves the remote, he licks his wounds, and he's back on the job. Let the punishment fit the crime.
Co-host (with PJ-Comix) of the DUmmie FUnnies, both on Free Republic and at the DUmmie FUnnies' own blogspot.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #226 on: August 27, 2013, 05:12:15 PM »
Not so.  DB made a small number of posts yesterday (none of them about the Case of the Missing Remote). Nothing today so far, though. I hope he's OK.

How did you find them?  I just used the nadin machine less than an hour ago, and that's what it showed.

I hope he's not okay, for his own good.  He has to hit bottom before he can get well, and if he doesn't hit bottom, he's never going to get well.

<<<always concerned for the fate of one's fellow humans.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #227 on: August 27, 2013, 05:17:05 PM »
The one word I would use to describe DB's conduct in this matter is "petty." For such a petty offense, I don't think he should be fired. A good talking-to, maybe a little public humiliation--a pantsing in front of the sales team, something like that--DB climbs up in the rafters and retrieves the remote, he licks his wounds, and he's back on the job. Let the punishment fit the crime.

Oh but there's something else here; I forget whether it was Karin or AprilRazz who originally pointed it out.

As "systems administrator" for a big automotive dealership, the tax-evading brain-damaged primitive is privy to a great deal of confidential information.

Would you want someone who's "only petty" (quotation marks intentional) trusted with your confidential information?

I think he should be fired, so that he becomes a better person in the end.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Charles Henrickson

« Reply #228 on: August 27, 2013, 05:20:59 PM »
How did you find them?

I used the google and typed in

site:democraticunderground.com dainbramaged

And I refined the search, first to a custom range of August 25-27, then August 26-27, and then I searched for the past 24 hours.
Co-host (with PJ-Comix) of the DUmmie FUnnies, both on Free Republic and at the DUmmie FUnnies' own blogspot.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #229 on: August 27, 2013, 05:32:45 PM »
I used the google and typed in

site:democraticunderground.com dainbramaged

And I refined the search, first to a custom range of August 25-27, then August 26-27, and then I searched for the past 24 hours.

I used dainbramaged site: democraticunderground, in that order, and then specified "the past week" in the advanced search.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #230 on: August 27, 2013, 05:44:19 PM »

For me, hiding the remote is a fairly minor deal.  The more severe employment related offense was him posting that because he is the System Admin management will believe whatever he tells them.  Actively lying to management, and then bragging about it on a public forum, is the offense that that could see him being fired for. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #231 on: August 27, 2013, 05:51:22 PM »
This might seem an irrelevant beef to many here, but to me, it's important in that it reveals a great deal about Dougie's character--the way he kept putting Tucker on "ignore."

Tucker's a nice guy, and full of illumination; people become better people by paying attention to Tucker.  He doesn't deserve to be ignored.

That was getting my goat years ago.

This resentment is--surprise!--because I'm deaf, and usually am desperately trying to hear anything, something, from anyone, everyone.....and failing.

I cannot possibly imagine someone with hearing, not wanting to hear.

It blows my mind. 

If I could hear, I'd want to hear everything, from everybody, so as to become a better person.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #232 on: August 27, 2013, 06:02:19 PM »
For me, hiding the remote is a fairly minor deal.  The more severe employment related offense was him posting that because he is the System Admin management will believe whatever he tells them.  Actively lying to management, and then bragging about it on a public forum, is the offense that that could see him being fired for. 

Exactly.  It goes to the matter of character and trust.  If you can't trust you admin how can you trust you network?  Is he selling your client list? Posting on company time?  If he is willing to play you for a fool what must he think of you to post it.

I agree that taking the remote is petty but as CR points out his further actions, spiking it in the end zone if you will,  are what 'draw the flag'.   He has access to all the vital company information and has demonstrated he cannot be trusted.  Case closed!
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #233 on: August 27, 2013, 06:04:43 PM »
Exactly.  It goes to the matter of character and trust.  If you can't trust you admin how can you trust you network?  Is he selling your client list? Posting on company time?  If he is willing to play you for a fool what must he think of you to post it.

I agree that taking the remote is petty but as CR points out his further actions, spiking it in the end zone if you will, are what 'draw the flag'.   He has access to all the vital company information and has demonstrated he cannot be trusted.  Case closed!

The tax-evading brain-damaged primitive did something else "petty," years ago, but this was before I got acquainted with him, and I don't know the details.  Tucker does, though.

It had something to do with the United Automobile Workers and a company computer.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #234 on: August 27, 2013, 06:11:39 PM »
For me, hiding the remote is a fairly minor deal.  The more severe employment related offense was him posting that because he is the System Admin management will believe whatever he tells them.  Actively lying to management, and then bragging about it on a public forum, is the offense that that could see him being fired for.  

The cover up is worse than the crime. To top it, he bragged about it. If Dain Bramaged never said a word about it, we would not talk about this.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #235 on: August 27, 2013, 06:18:46 PM »
The tax-evading brain-damaged primitive did something else "petty," years ago, but this was before I got acquainted with him, and I don't know the details.  Tucker does, though.

It had something to do with the United Automobile Workers and a company computer.

We use to have hard and fast rules separating corporate and union computers. I had several friends at the union hall but I was not allowed to do anything for them in terms of computers.  Verboten.    Appears exercising bad judgment is not a new thing with Drain.  Like the drunk driver, one wonders how many times this type thing has happened before he got caught.  

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #236 on: August 27, 2013, 06:19:48 PM »
The cover up is worse than the crime. To top it, he bragged about it. If Dain Bramaged never said a word about it, we would not talk about this.

It's what got Richard Nixon.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #237 on: August 27, 2013, 08:38:02 PM »

I say give him the chair.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #238 on: August 27, 2013, 08:52:45 PM »
Not being a computer expert, I'm not certain, but my impression is that a system administrator has access to every detail of the company's operation. Payroll, costs, profits, executive compensation, taxes, email communications, legal issues, everything.

For Doug Bulna, with that kind of access to critical confidential information, to reveal himself as an unbalanced radical leftist should be more than alarming.

If it isn't a firing offense, what would be?

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #239 on: August 27, 2013, 09:21:52 PM »
I have the feeling that his title as a systems administrator is a bit 'inflated', and that he does little work on the software end of things - that he is a hardware monkey. Hardware replacement. Networking. Answers the age old question "Why won't my computer print ?" Maybe has reloaded an OS or two, or scrubbed an obsolete hard disk. Maybe even keeps the WWW site updated (new pictures, sales, prices, that sort of thing).

I don't think he does anything involving writing/updating/maintaining software, and I suspect he has very little access to it - especially since it appears that http://gearhartchevy.com/ is a 'canned' website - produced from a common source, then prettied up for the client.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, mind you - hell, I have a couple of 'canned ' web backends I designed myself, and I use my 'innards' often with existing free CSS templates that I modify for the client.  - No need to reinvent the wheel every time I put a site together.  
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 09:24:01 PM by miskie »

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #240 on: August 27, 2013, 09:52:44 PM »
I hope non one on this site is waiting for DB to learn a lesson, much less realize the error of his lib ways. For that to happen, a lib has to get mugged in some fashion, but not mugged by themselves. That just initiates the lib blame game.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #241 on: August 27, 2013, 10:04:56 PM »

I don't think he does anything involving writing/updating/maintaining software, and I suspect he has very little access to it - especially since it appears that http://gearhartchevy.com/ is a 'canned' website - produced from a common source, then prettied up for the client.

That's another thing that kind of surprised me oin this deal.

Gearhart Chevy and Schumacher Chevy, both owned by the same hyphenated woman, have really cheap, crude-looking websites. That led me to believe that our buddy Doug Bulna had something to do with both of them.

But I haven't looked at many auto dealer websites. Maybe lots of them are cheap and crude-looking.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2013, 02:03:26 AM »

But I haven't looked at many auto dealer websites. Maybe lots of them are cheap and crude-looking.

They are and some are much worse.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #243 on: August 28, 2013, 02:30:38 AM »
Not being a computer expert, I'm not certain, but my impression is that a system administrator has access to every detail of the company's operation. Payroll, costs, profits, executive compensation, taxes, email communications, legal issues, everything.

For Doug Bulna, with that kind of access to critical confidential information, to reveal himself as an unbalanced radical leftist should be more than alarming.

If it isn't a firing offense, what would be?

A systems administrator needs to be a trusted individual. Doug has not proved he can be trusted. Even if he made up the story about the remote, that is even more reason not for his employer not to trust him. General Motors has a very strict code of conduct that it's dealerships and the dealership employees must follow. Ethics is pretty important.

Many system administrators have to pass back ground checks so they can be trusted with confidential information. Just imagine a data base full of customer's credit applications, social security numbers, driver license numbers, credit card numbers, bank information and a guy like DB being trusted with such information. That would scare the shit out of me if I was their customer.

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #244 on: August 28, 2013, 04:52:44 AM »
I have the feeling that his title as a systems administrator is a bit 'inflated', and that he does little work on the software end of things - that he is a hardware monkey. Hardware replacement. Networking. Answers the age old question "Why won't my computer print ?" Maybe has reloaded an OS or two, or scrubbed an obsolete hard disk. Maybe even keeps the WWW site updated (new pictures, sales, prices, that sort of thing).

I'd guess he's more at the level of putting new paper and ink cartridges into the printers.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #246 on: August 28, 2013, 06:36:05 AM »
http://www.yelp.com/biz/gearhart-chevrolet-denville-5

Looks like they have a customer service problem in the service department . . . ! :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2013, 07:41:00 AM »
Just imagine a data base full of customer's credit applications, social security numbers, driver license numbers, credit card numbers, bank information and a guy like DB being trusted with such information.

Especially if he found out for a fact that the customer was a repuke!  Or God forbid, a fullblown teaparty member.  Or a repuke running for office.  He's so vindictive and hyper-partisan, I can absolutely see him stealing this data, and doing something nefarious with it.  Doug Bulna cannot be trusted. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2013, 08:25:55 AM »
You know, I must say there's a grievous disappointment in learning more about the tax-evading brain-damaged primitive.

As many here know, I form "images" in my imagination, about what primitives look like, based upon their comments and vocabulary.

I did know this primitive was 5'10" and 240 pounds, because he said so.

I did know this primitive was a little bit over sixty, because he said so.

So with that concrete knowledge in hand, I essayed to paint a portrait of him in my mind, based upon his comments.

What I "pictured" was some grey-haired butch-haircutted short bulky guy with a square torso and square head, a perpetual grimace on his face, and with a bug-eye.

Man, did I get that wrong.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2013, 08:33:16 AM »
You know, I must say there's a grievous disappointment in learning more about the tax-evading brain-damaged primitive.

As many here know, I form "images" in my imagination, about what primitives look like, based upon their comments and vocabulary.

I did know this primitive was 5'10" and 240 pounds, because he said so.

I did know this primitive was a little bit over sixty, because he said so.

So with that concrete knowledge in hand, I essayed to paint a portrait of him in my mind, based upon his comments.

What I "pictured" was some grey-haired butch-haircutted short bulky guy with a square torso and square head, a perpetual grimace on his face, and with a bug-eye.

Man, did I get that wrong.

In the day of live operators I use to form images of them based on their voice.  That was a bad plan too. :whistling:  I actually got to meet a few and trust me when I say they never looked like I imagined them, many being how shall we say 'a bit stern heavy'  from sitting.