Author Topic: The hunting of George Zimmerman  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Elspeth.

• Probationary (Probie)
The hunting of George Zimmerman
« on: August 15, 2013, 12:25:13 AM »
http://www.politicsweb.co.za/politicsweb/view/politicsweb/en/page71619?oid=398112&sn=Detail&pid=71616

One of the most complete and honest articles about the Zimmerman case; written in South Africa.  (You have to go outside the US to get away from the complicit media in this case.)

Last month's not guilty verdict in the trial of George Zimmerman on second degree murder and manslaughter charges for the killing of the black 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, in Sanford, Florida, on February 26 last year, has provoked a flurry of discussion in the US mainstream media on the issues of racial profiling and Stand Your Ground laws (which remove the duty to retreat in self-defence cases.) President Barack Obama even weighed in again on the case stating that Martin "could have been me 35 years ago" while calling for the problem of racial profiling of black Americans in the US to be recognised and addressed and Stand Your Ground Laws re-examined.

Somewhat awkwardly, however, neither were ultimately key issues in the case. Zimmerman's defence rested on a pure self-defence claim (he was not in a position to retreat when he shot Martin), while the prosecution, much as they would have liked to, could produce no evidence of racial profiling or bias on Zimmerman's part.

The question this raises is why the US political and media elites are so determined to link the Zimmerman acquittal to these racially-infused issues, though they turned out to be effectively irrelevant to the case? One possible answer is, perhaps, that it is a way of avoiding through misdirection having to face up to certain hard questions the trial raised about their own conduct.

Following the verdict Zimmerman's two lawyers - Don West and Mark O'Mara - held a press conference. West commented that the verdict prevented the tragedy of Trayvon Martin's death from becoming a travesty of justice. O'Mara was asked by a reporter whether his client had ever cried or shown emotion. He noted in reply that Zimmerman had been turned into the "most hated man in America" (as some had called him) for having defended his own life. He had also been a great believer in a justice system that he had always wanted to be part of, either as a cop or a prosecutor. O'Mara continued:

"Two systems went against George Zimmerman that he can't understand: You guys, the media. He was like a patient in an operating table where mad-scientists were committing experiments on him and he had no anaesthesia. He didn't know why he was turned into this monster but quite honestly, you guys had a lot to do with it. You just did because you took a story that was fed to you, and you ran with it, and you ran right over him. And that was horrid to him.

Then he comes into a system that he trusts. Let's not forget, six voluntary statements, voluntary surrender, and he believes in the system that he really wanted to be part of... right? And then he gets prosecutors that charge him with a crime they could never ever prove. They didn't lose evidence along the way... right? So, I don't think anyone would argue with me in this room that they had evidence of second degree murder. This, in your heart kind of stuff [prosecutors asked the jury to ‘look into their hearts' rather than at the evidence when deciding the verdict during closing arguments], is not what we're supposed to do and not what they are supposed to do. So those two systems failed him."

This challenge, though reported on, has provoked very little serious introspection by the mainstream media in the US. This is a pity, for if O'Mara is right about how those two systems failed Zimmerman, they will sooner or later fail others - with possibly more deadly results.

This article then will trace the evolution of the controversy over the shooting death of Trayvon Martin and the way information was presented (or "fed") to the press, and measure it against what we now know. It will then go on to discuss what this case says about the "two systems" that sought to have George Zimmerman arrested, tried and sent to jail for life....

Offline thundley4

Re: The hunting of George Zimmerman
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 12:42:16 AM »
The vendetta against the Zimmerman family continues.  His wife is facing perjury charges for her testimony during a bail hearing.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/12/justice/florida-zimmerman-wife

This has gotten very little media attention, I think in part because it puts the prosecutors in a bad light.

Offline Elspeth.

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 01:15:42 AM »
This whole thing has been about something other than the truth. The fact that the vendetta continues means that there is another kind of goal here.  I wish I knew what it was.  At first I thought it was 2012 and getting out the vote.  Now, I think it's more than that.

My biggest issue with the case is not that it was brought to trial (although it shouldn't have been) but that anyone who understands and agrees with the not guilty verdict is considered a de facto racist, even though "not guilty" was the only logical outcome.  It was clear the prosecution had nothing and that the judge was heavily biased enough that she yelled at Zimmerman, even though his attorneys made it clear he wasn't testifying.

There's great evil afoot and it's larger than this case.  If you don't agree with victimology--that certain groups are victims by virtue of their group membership and nothing else, then you are a racist or homophobic or, at very least, "insensitive."

Logic is gone.  Truth is gone.  The false narrative continues.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 11:03:55 AM »
This whole thing has been about something other than the truth. The fact that the vendetta continues means that there is another kind of goal here.  I wish I knew what it was.  At first I thought it was 2012 and getting out the vote.  Now, I think it's more than that.

My biggest issue with the case is not that it was brought to trial (although it shouldn't have been) but that anyone who understands and agrees with the not guilty verdict is considered a de facto racist, even though "not guilty" was the only logical outcome.  It was clear the prosecution had nothing and that the judge was heavily biased enough that she yelled at Zimmerman, even though his attorneys made it clear he wasn't testifying.

There's great evil afoot and it's larger than this case.  If you don't agree with victimology--that certain groups are victims by virtue of their group membership and nothing else, then you are a racist or homophobic or, at very least, "insensitive."

Logic is gone.  Truth is gone.  The false narrative continues.

The left is trying to create a race war.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 01:26:31 PM »
The goal is to have Zimmerman executed.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 01:53:35 PM »

No, I don't think so. Zimmerman is just a pawn.

The goal is to portray black Americans as being the quintessential victims in a relentless white-controlled society. It's nothing more than a continuation of what's been the media and the political elite's (read: Democrat's) intentions since time began.

When they successfully portray blacks as victims, the Dems win.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 02:06:20 PM »
The left is trying to create a race war.

Or a "class war"...

Or a GLBT hissy fit...

Or a takeover of major segments of the country by the Aztlan/la Raza thugs, Dearbornistan jihadists, or...

Or whatever else it takes to foment the chaos they want to take advantage of. :popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline CG6468

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM »

The goal is to portray black Americans as being the quintessential victims in a relentless white-controlled society. It's nothing more than a continuation of what's been the media and the political elite's (read: Democrat's) intentions since time began.

I respectfully disagree, Euph. Screaming racist comments, trashing the Floriduh Governor's mansion, etal., point to a larger goal. In my opinion, anyway.

Offline Elspeth.

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 02:17:52 PM »

The ironic thing is that blacks are really victims in South Central LA and Compton, where Mexican gangs are running them out of traditionally black areas: 

But you don't see Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson here.

[youtube=425,350]tapiD6RAIKo[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 02:22:14 PM by Elspeth. »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 02:19:06 PM »
I respectfully disagree, Euph. Screaming racist comments, trashing the Floriduh Governor's mansion, etal., point to a larger goal. In my opinion, anyway.

I'm speaking more from the media's POV.

The actual people doing the screaming about racism, those are the pieces of shit who have learned that all they have to do is scream. They get instant attention, money, EBT cards, credibility, Trayvon hoodies, anything because of white guilt.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 02:22:58 PM »
I'm speaking more from the media's POV.

The actual people doing the screaming about racism, those are the pieces of shit who have learned that all they have to do is scream. They get instant attention, money, EBT cards, credibility, Trayvon hoodies, anything because of white guilt.

The "white guilt" is also a scam. I ain't guilty of anything, and neither are you, except following our Constitution and laws.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 02:31:55 PM »
The "white guilt" is also a scam. I ain't guilty of anything, and neither are you, except following our Constitution and laws.

You're right about the both of us not being guilty of anything, but trust me -- there are entire LEGIONS of liberal moonbats, middle-of-the-roaders, and people completely disinterested in politics who hearken back on the Sixties and the Detroit riots, the LA Watts riots, the Philly riots, and all the shit that came out of those riots and simply give blacks the benefit of the doubt and cave under the demands that the Sharptons and the Jacksons and the rest of the racebaiters make.

The angry black man still has an impact on the average white person.

So that's why many, many whites tread very carefully around the entire race issue.

And where there's a real or perceived problem, whites are pre-programmed to fall all over themselves making that "wrong" "right."

Offline CG6468

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 02:37:09 PM »
The angry black man still has an impact on the average white person.

So that's why many, many whites tread very carefully around the entire race issue.

I'm really fortunate. I tread with clodhoppers. And the Black people I know talk about race freely with me, no one gets pissed off, and they have real problems figuring out just what in the hell the rioters want.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 11:05:13 PM »

They are never going to be happy until George Zimmerman is dead.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 11:06:10 PM »
The vendetta against the Zimmerman family continues.  His wife is facing perjury charges for her testimony during a bail hearing.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/12/justice/florida-zimmerman-wife

This has gotten very little media attention, I think in part because it puts the prosecutors in a bad light.

She will probably be acquitted.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 11:08:51 PM »
Examine Alinsky tactics. Keep the masses agitated. If you can't keep the masses agitated, keep as many special interest groups agitated as possible.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2013, 03:44:33 AM »
She will probably be acquitted.

True, but from what I've read, she shouldn't have been charged.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 11:08:20 AM »
The ironic thing is that blacks are really victims in South Central LA and Compton, where Mexican gangs are running them out of traditionally black areas: 

But you don't see Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson here.

Yeah, cause they know they'd get their asses handed to them.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 06:20:36 PM »
Yeah, cause they know they'd get their asses handed to them.
I would love to witness that.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 10:40:10 PM »
I would love to witness that.

Jackson get his ass handed to him in Peoria a few year ago.