Author Topic: Why Don't the DEM Canidates Attack Bush and......  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Why Don't the DEM Canidates Attack Bush and......
« on: January 17, 2008, 10:03:30 AM »
Oh boy, this fire has a few embers

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4093480

bambino  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 09:56 AM
Original message
Why don't the DEM. Candidates attack Bush and Cheney much?
 One would think it was a different world.

The Democratic Primary and its candidates attacking each other on who's been vetted and who hasn't and YET WE HAVE BUSH AND CHENEY OFF THE HOOK. The only candidate who complains adequately and is Dennis Kucinich and they have barred him from debates and any media coverage!

The country is going into recession - 2 states Fl and CA already! The trillions in deficit and money being borrowed from foreign investors the Chineses, Koreans etc to fight silly wars and the keep the economy afloat, lumbering our future generations with the astronomical debt. The baby boomers are retiring and the burden on social security and healthcare. Bush is already running around the middle east drumming up support for his next war! If we don't watch it he will be in his 3rd term!

Here we have GOP candidates being popular because the voters think they are the best to get us out of this economic mess while it is the GOP president and VP who actually got us into this mess in the first place. The Dem candidates hardly say 'boo to a goose' on Bush/Cheney. They should be fired up and wiping the floor with them!

Okay whose mole??

Stewie (190 posts)      Thu Jan-17-08 09:57 AM
Response to Original message
1. Because they're not running in 2008.
 And the Republicans would just say the Democrats are obsessed with the past.

And let the BDS begin

robbedvoter (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 10:00 AM
Response to Reply #1
7. "they'll say" BS! GOP candidates are Bushco surrogates and try to hide from that 
 Edited on Thu Jan-17-08 10:01 AM by robbedvoter
They all scream "change" while standing for the same crap. Associating them with Bushco is a winning strategy as 97% Nh residents said in the exit poll - they hate Bush!

FSogol  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 09:58 AM
2. Lame ducks can't fly. n/t

bambino  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 10:00 AM
Response to Reply #2
5. trouble is, they are not that lame
 to me they are flying and dangerous and people are disregarding it.

jasmine621 (300 posts)      Thu Jan-17-08 10:00 AM
6. HC does this to the max but folks refuse to liesten or hear her.
 They are too busy listening for some smear against Obama.
Bush and Cheney are still running by proxy. Any Republican will continue their agenda...take it to the bank. The people who control the Republicans are pro-military-industrial-complex. That's their only agenda.

:lmao:

robbedvoter (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 10:04 AM
Response to Reply #8
10. Smear stuff is more alive on DU& blogs than in the real world where people vote 
 Edited on Thu Jan-17-08 10:04 AM by robbedvoter
So, I wouldn't worry too much.
I mean, when DU defends Raygun and says "attacking Bush is irrelevant because "they say"....- it kinda jumped the shark

Ahh.............bring in the mesiah

bambino  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 10:11 AM
Response to Reply #12
16. it doesn't appear to come through
 I think if Al Gore was running he would have a lot to say about them

spooky3  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-17-08 10:11 AM
15. I COMPLETELY agree!
 The Republicans certainly do that during their debates.

It is a far more constructive use of our candidates' time to show voters how THEY would be better than the current administration. Of course, Timmy and Brian do NOT help, by selecting questions that focus on the horse race and divisive, irrelevant issues.

bambino  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 10:20 AM
Response to Reply #18
19. I don't agree
 the best form of defense is attack. NOW

When will they ever understand??

Nevermind
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 10:21:32 AM by Caballo Loco »
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline HACKSAW

Re: Why Don't the DEM Canidates Attack Bush and......
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 10:06:10 AM »
There are gonna be a bunch of pissed off DUmpmokeys when they see Chimpy HitlerMcCokespoon* isn't on the ballot in November!  :mental:
Liberals are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 12:00:32 PM »
There are gonna be a bunch of pissed off DUmpmokeys when they see Chimpy HitlerMcCokespoon* isn't on the ballot in November!  :mental:

You forgot about the declaring of Martial Law sometime in October, so we can't have November elections... it's comin' I tellz ya!  I tellz ya!! We're doomed!!!   

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 12:45:33 PM »

You forgot about the declaring of Martial Law sometime in October, so we can't have November elections... it's comin' I tellz ya!  I tellz ya!! We're doomed!!!   

Glenn Beck is a real doom and gloomer type guy.. and i heard one of his callers today say they believe this will be one of our last presidential elections this year. Beck tried to get the guy to say why he thought that, but the guy wouldnt get specific.

i cant imagine the American people just letting that one slide by unnoticed...