Author Topic: Judge rules Trayvon Martin's toxicology report will be allowed into evidence  (Read 1406 times)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Rut-ro Shaggy !  http://www.democraticunderground.com/1014530682

Quote from: hack89 (21,901 posts)

Judge rules Trayvon Martin's toxicology report will be allowed into evidence

Source: WKMG Orlando

Judge Debra S. Nelson ruled the jury will learn of Trayvon Martin’s toxicology results showing THC in his system when he was shot and killed by George Zimmerman.

Nelson denied the motion filed by the state to have the toxicology reports kept from Zimmerman’s second-degree murder trial because Zimmerman didn’t know Martin, the THC levels were minimal and there was no evidence it affected Martin’s behavior.

West said the state medical examiner’s change in testimony said the THC could have “some effect” on Martin. West also said in Zimmerman’s statement to the non-emergency 911 dispatcher that it appeared the person was “on drugs.” West said Martin’s behavior is now relevant to self-defense claim so marijuana as well.

Read more: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/judge-rules-trayvon-martins-toxicology-report-allowed-into-evidence/-/1637132/20885320/-/yorrqw/-/index.html

The pot supporters are out in force in this thread - well worth the read.

Offline thundley4

Just look at how violently the DUmmies react to this ruling by the judge.  According to them, though pot mellows you out. 

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
BTW - lurking DUmmies who are proudly announcing that the THC levels were so low that its unlikely he was high at the time.

I suspect that's exactly the angle the defense is going to go for..

What are some of the more common symptoms?

By far the most common symptom of withdrawal is insomnia. This can last from a few nights of practically no sleep at all, up to a few months of occasional sleeplessness. The next most common symptom is depression (that is, if you're not euphoric), and next are nightmares and vivid dreams. Marijuana use tends to dampen the dreaming mechanism, so that when you do get clean the dreams come back with a crash. They can be vivid color, highly emotional dreams or nightmares, even waking up then coming back to the same dream. The very vivid, every-night dreams usually don't start for about a week or so. They last for about a month at most and then taper off. "Using" dreams (dreams involving the use of marijuana) are very common, and although they're not as vivid or emotional as at first, they last for years and are just considered a normal part of recovery.

The fourth most common symptom is anger. This can range from a slow burning rage to constant irritability to sudden bursts of anger when least expected: anger at the world, anger at loved ones, anger at oneself, anger at being an addict and having to get clean. Emotional jags are very common, with emotions bouncing back and forth between depression, anger, and euphoria. Occasionally experienced is a feeling of fear or anxiety, a loss of the sense of humor, decreased sex drive, or increased sex drive. Most all of these symptoms fade to normal emotions by three months. Loss of concentration for the first week or month is also very common and this sometimes affects the ability to learn for a very short while.

According to the prosecution's witness, Travon was afraid that the creepy ass cracka wanted to rape him. Really ?

Offline DLR Pyro

Just look at how violently the DUmmies react to this ruling by the judge.  According to them, though pot mellows you out. 
they'll blame Zimmerman for harshing travons buzz.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Mr Mannn

like stirring up a nest of ants. Too Easy.  :cheersmate:

Offline Undies

Is recreational use of THC legal in Florida?  

No?  Then St. Martin of the Little Dark Angel was already walking down the street breaking the law.  

Why would anyone want to deny that fact from the jury?  Unless maybe the goal is not a fair trial after all.

Offline thundley4

Is recreational use of THC legal in Florida?  

No?  Then St. Martin of the Little Dark Angel was already walking down the street breaking the law.  

Why would anyone want to deny that fact from the jury?  Unless maybe the goal is not a fair trial after all.

The goal of the left is a guilty verdict.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl

Bingo, no matter what the evidence shows, the left wants a guilty verdict. 

Offline Mr Mannn

Bingo, no matter what the evidence shows, the left wants a guilty verdict. 
Pity they were denied their spectacular Soviet style show trial. mere accusation just doesn't stand up to the light of cross examination.

I had thought that after Zimmerman walks, Obama would try him again on civil rights charges. BUT. The prosecution was so poorly managed, that even civil charges are likely in jeopardy.

Offline thundley4

Pity they were denied their spectacular Soviet style show trial. mere accusation just doesn't stand up to the light of cross examination.

I had thought that after Zimmerman walks, Obama would try him again on civil rights charges. BUT. The prosecution was so poorly managed, that even civil charges are likely in jeopardy.

I'm sure some lawyer will represent the family in  a wrongful death lawsuit, but don't rule out the Chief Racist Holder filing federal hate crime charges.

Offline jukin

If it had been Jorge Garcia and not George Zimmerman, we would have never known who Saint Skittles was. On the down side, we would not have White-Hispanic in our lexicon.

And yes, Holder has instructed the Department of Injustice to file civil rights charges as soon as the verdict is read.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
MADem (88,334 posts)
51. Every person I know who uses weed isn't the sort of person who would pounce on a "poor, innocent

neighborhood watch guy" -- they are the types to avoid confrontation and conflict.

Pot makes you mellow, it doesn't make you want to attack people.

Tell that to the victims of a gangland drive-by.

All kinds of violence and mayhem have been perpetrated by people under the influence of THC. Do you really believe gangs and thugs and thug wannabes and all sorts of violent criminals are never using pot when they ply their trade?

I'm not saying that pot use causes violent behavior, necessarily, but the idea that it it renders every user docile to the point that they are incapable of violence is a joke.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a

Very different case, but can any of you imagine what the DUmp would have been like during the OJ case?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

Very different case, but can any of you imagine what the DUmp would have been like during the OJ case?

Tough call on that one.  OJ was a rich 1%er who killed his ex and her GAY friend.  I think the ghey trumps black with the DUmmies.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Drink apple juice.  OJ will kill you.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
The fourth most common symptom is anger. This can range from a slow burning rage to constant irritability to sudden bursts of anger when least expected: anger at the world, anger at loved ones, anger at oneself, anger at being an addict and having to get clean. Emotional jags are very common, with emotions bouncing back and forth between depression, anger, and euphoria. Occasionally experienced is a feeling of fear or anxiety, a loss of the sense of humor, (......)

Whuuuups.....   

:stoner:  +    :argh:    =

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Drugs Are Bad M'kay.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
Drink apple juice.  OJ will kill you.

I'm swearing off the OJ...now I'm gonna make applejack instead of screwdrivers.
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Egnever (12,041 posts)
67. Good!

Anyone with half a brain knows pot doesn't make you violent.

Pot may not make one violent, but it sure as hell doesn't stop anyone from being violent. Just look at all the violence from the pot heads in OWS, look at the violent posts from the drug addled inhabitants of the DUmp.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Undies

Tough call on that one.  OJ was a rich 1%er who killed his ex and her GAY friend.  I think the ghey trumps black with the DUmmies.

Not important to the thread, But -- This is the first place I heard that he was a homosexual.  Really.  I lead a sheltered life.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
kelliekat44 (1,506 posts)

18. Anyone who smokes weed can tell you that it makes you "mellow" not wanting to fight.

Unless they can show other drugs in his system, the state should be able to use this against the defense. And, it's kind of profiling to see a young black and say he appears to be on drugs. Trayvon was walking along talking on his cell phone...does that make him appear to be on drugs?

TrollBuster9090 (1,691 posts)

22. It might to an armed asshole with a system full of Adderall. nt

Psephos (6,988 posts)

66. Bust this, Troll. Adderall is a medication that calms and focuses people with ADD.

I speak from experience.

I'm sick of the bigotry against ADD. Very.

Redford (250 posts)

23. It makes my husband agitated

He almost assaulted a taxi cab driver in Amsterdam because he was sure the guy was kidnapping us and not taking us back to the hotel. I had to sit on him he was so paranoid. Only time we ever smoked pot together and will be the last time. Unless it gets legalized here of course.

brett_jv (330 posts)

31. I will admit you make a good point ...

Last edited Mon Jul 8, 2013, 07:31 PM USA/ET - Edit history (2)

Pot smoking, can definite make certain people paranoid, esp. if they're novices. And it's pretty textbook/well-known among the populace. It can certainly be 'leveraged' by the defense, and it's likely at least some jury members are going to 'buy' what they're selling ... Trayvon was so 'paranoid' from the pot that he attacked GZ unprovoked. It's almost certainly BS, but that won't stop the defense ... and it will likely help them.

Anything mood-altering has the potential to make some people violent is the truth. Even something that makes MOST people 'mellow' ... can make some other people violent. However, some people are just violent by nature, even when stone-cold sober. And MOST drugs have a much higher likelihood of inducing violence than pot does. Alcohol especially. And adderall.

Honestly I really don't think whether or not TM had some THC in his system is relevant, and that it's LAME that the judge is allowing it to be introduced. If she turns around and DISallows the toxicology report (assuming there's something in it) on Zimmerman, then we KNOW the fix is in.

All that really SHOULD matter in this case is that nobody (ttbomk) is going to testify that Zimmerman had any serious injuries. You shouldn't be able to shoot someone in cold blood, in teh middle of a public place (i.e. not in your home) unless you can *prove* you had a legit reason to fear for your life ... and barring a witness to corroborate your story, the only real way to prove that IMHO is via some semblance of severe injuries (or the other person having a weapon, of course). Somebody punching you in the nose is NOT enough to justify shooting them in the friggin chest.

DaDeacon (567 posts)

64. This is a two question cross examine...

Does Mr. Martin's THC content cause Mr. Zimmerman to follow him after he was order by law enforcement to stop dong so?

No.

Did THC Shoot and kill the unarmed teenager Trayvon Martian?

No.

No further Questions.

You are welcome

They're so funny when they think they're brilliant.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Egnever (12,041 posts)
67. Good!

Pot may not make one violent, but it sure as hell doesn't stop anyone from being violent. Just look at all the violence from the pot heads in OWS, look at the violent posts from the drug addled inhabitants of the DUmp.

IIRC, pot contributes to memory loss, which would explain why the DUmmy dopeheads don't remember that TWO POTHEADS WERE SHOT TO DEATH AT THE 1ST ANNUAL CELEBRATION OF LEGAL WEED ON UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO'S (PEOPLE'S REPUBLIK OF) BOULDER CAMPUS earlier this year.  I guess, it must've been some right-wing hater that brought the gun.  :stoner:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Egnever (12,041 posts)
67. Good!

Anyone with half a brain does not use illegal drugs.

Anyone with half a brain does not violate federal laws.

Anyone with half a brain does not associate with drug dealers.

Anyone with half a brain has had no experience with marijuana.