Author Topic: Armpit sniffer gets jail and cane  (Read 768 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Armpit sniffer gets jail and cane
« on: June 16, 2008, 02:57:07 PM »

I wonder what cons in singapore prisons do to armpit sniffers?  :whatever: I think it's going to be
worse than getting caned.

I wish they would change it to something more serious sounding.  I am sure it hurts like hell,
but getting spanked by the government just sounds weird.

Armpit sniffer gets jail and cane

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - A Singapore man with a penchant for sniffing women's armpits was sentenced to 14 years in jail and 18 strokes of the cane for molesting his victims, a local newspaper reported Friday.

The 36-year-old, who the Straits Times said was mentally unstable, had previous convictions for drug and sex-related offences.

He molested 23 women over the course of 15 months, smelling their armpits and touching them in lifts, staircase landings and their homes, the paper said. He was caught after a housewife reported him to the police.

The court meted out the jail term, normally reserved for hardcore criminals, saying the man was likely to commit crimes again, the paper reported.

Caning on the buttocks is an additional punishment for male criminals in Singapore for offences ranging from vandalism to illegal possession of drugs and rape.

Link

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Armpit sniffer gets jail and cane
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 03:03:59 PM »
actually, it's much more serious than the al-reuters story would lead you to believe . . . and he apparently had a
conviction in 1991 for the same offense.

Serial Armpit Sniffer Gets 18 Cane Strokes - And 14 Years in Prison

A man in Singapore has received a 14-year jail sentence and 18 cane strokes after he was found guilty on molestation charges against 23 females as young as 9 and as old as 50. Mohammed Ismail Ariffin, 36, also allegedly had an armpit-sniffing fetish.

In early January, police were able to connect Ariffin to an armpit-sniffing encounter with a housewife by using a semen swab taken at the scene. He also exposed himself in front of a cleaner who was 53 and fondled a 13-year-old girl.

Ariffin would stalk and at times restrain them. He received a preventative detention sentence, which means that he has no chance to be paroled.

link

I initially thought this was a semi-funny "incompetent criminal" story that was worthy of the lounge, but
I am transporting to GD.