Author Topic: Supreme Court strikes down Defense of Marriage Act provision  (Read 8144 times)

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: Supreme Court strikes down Defense of Marriage Act provision
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2013, 01:49:56 PM »
Really?  Wow.  No I don't have AFN at my off post house so I can't see FNC.

It's not rocket science though really.  If you know Liberals and what their end game is its easy to predict their next move.

He was actually on FBN talking about all the NEW claims for social security and other federal benefits via gay "spouses".

If they get married in one state that allows gay marriage.... they can move to one that does not allow gay marriage and the flood gates open.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2013, 01:51:34 PM »
Dana Loesch on twitter is telling everyone far and wide that this was a Dem initiative to grow big gov't.  She remembers well, because at the time she was a demwit handing out pamphlets about it.  So she gets nasty tweets back, "ugly bitch" which she then RT'd.  

That's where I got the info for the roll call. She's a smart cookie.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2013, 02:16:36 PM »
The Department of Defense will immediately begin the process of making benefits available to all military spouses.

http://www.pentagonchannel.mil/Video.aspx?videoid=294801

ETA: This on the same day that the Army announces they're cutting 10 additional BCT's to save $$$.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 02:37:00 PM by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline dixierose

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2013, 02:41:38 PM »
Well, with this decision, it is now a right.  You can now have more than 1 wife, even marry your daughter and/or son, maybe your dog Pokey can be your spouse.  Probably the biggest winners are NAMBLA.  Not opinion, 100% grade A fact.  Marrying goats, cows, even the dead is legal.  Fact!!!!

I don't agree with the ruling; but I believe that is just as much an over reaction as the Dem's reaction to the part of the VRA being voted down yesterday.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2013, 02:45:36 PM »
I don't agree with the ruling; but I believe that is just as much an over reaction as the Dem's reaction to the part of the VRA being voted down yesterday.

Apples and oranges.  People are right to be outraged over this ruling today.

We just let 3.8% of the U.S. population dictate to the majority what "normal" looks like.

Section 4 of the VRA getting shot down does just the opposite.  No longer can a vocal minority who needed this 50 years ago dictate to and jerk around the majority in an era when we've elected a black man President two times by a healthy majority.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2013, 03:12:31 PM »
Apples and oranges.  People are right to be outraged over this ruling today.

We just let 3.8% of the U.S. population dictate to the majority what "normal" looks like.

Section 4 of the VRA getting shot down does just the opposite.  No longer can a vocal minority who needed this 50 years ago dictate to and jerk around the majority in an era when we've elected a black man President two times by a healthy majority.

I understand that; but to hear some on the Left, the VRA ruling meant that the South was going to put guards at the polls to keep blacks from voting....over reaction.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2013, 03:32:24 PM »
I understand that; but to hear some on the Left, the VRA ruling meant that the South was going to put guards at the polls to keep blacks from voting....over reaction.

That's just the professional race pimps and the White Guilt crowd pissed that they don't have a leg to stand on anymore. They've had their pulpit yanked out from under them.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2013, 06:30:13 PM »
A good friend of mine became a pastor. We discussed this issue some years ago.

He said a number of pastors in his city agree that if the govt forced churches to marry same sex couples, then the churches would declare they would no longer perform marriages. Marriage would be civil only.

The church would then perform a "blessing,"  it would look like a marriage. feel like a marriage, have all the trappings of a marriage...BUT it would be open only to church members-not to people walking in off the street. further the church would have the freedom not to give a "blessing to anyone who did not meet the churchs rigorous standards.
--since a "blessing" is a religious only event, the govt could not do a thing about it.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2013, 07:32:54 PM »
Next up...I predict the Military will officially recognize gay marriage and force those states that don't recognize gay marriage to do just that and the Libs will get via brute force what they couldn't get otherwise.  Federal recognition of gay marriage across the entire country.

You didn't have to wait long.  Hagel was all over this shit.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2013, 10:59:51 PM »
You didn't have to wait long.  Hagel was all over this shit.

Yup...almost like they knew before it was announced what the decision would be.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2013, 11:10:00 PM »
A quote from me on my other forum...

"Libs over the years have perfected some very effective strategies. One of which is to make conservatives fight a multi front war.

Many of the fronts they attack on are not earth shattering, and they do that purposely. The next part of the strategy is what has worked so well for the libs, they propagandize issues to be "not important" to lull conservatives into marshalling their forces in other areas.

Then when the libs sense weakness they press, and like in this case they break through on that front and escalate that attack into a flank attack on another front.

That's why conservatives should never acquiesce to anything that libs want."
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2013, 12:09:48 AM »
Well, I'm done with voting in California and in any other elections for that matter. It's a waste of my time since the State and Federal governments just told me my vote doesn't count. I'm going to the Registrar of Voters of my county and requesting to have my name removed from the voter list. After that any election material I receive will be marked "Return to Sender" and placed on the mailbox.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2013, 01:59:08 AM »
Well, I'm done with voting in California and in any other elections for that matter. It's a waste of my time since the State and Federal governments just told me my vote doesn't count. I'm going to the Registrar of Voters of my county and requesting to have my name removed from the voter list. After that any election material I receive will be marked "Return to Sender" and placed on the mailbox.

I understand your frustration Zath...but that's playing right into the Liberals hands.  That's what they wnt you to do.

And you just can't...

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2013, 03:01:35 AM »
Conservatives are in pain now. It seems society is deaf to the conservative clarion call. But what works best for society, what is good, truthful, moral and ethical is on the side of the conservative. The success the libs are having now cannot be sustained.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2013, 06:20:22 AM »

Zath, Prop 8 is still the law of the land in California. The people have it right, even if the government doesn't.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2013, 06:26:59 AM »
Conservatives are in pain now. It seems society is deaf to the conservative clarion call. But what works best for society, what is good, truthful, moral and ethical is on the side of the conservative. The success the libs are having now cannot be sustained.

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2013, 07:08:21 AM »
So, you're moving out of blue state hell then? Because "taking your ball and going home" is definitely not the way to be heard.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2013, 07:09:44 AM »
So, you're moving out of blue state hell then? Because "taking your ball and going home" is definitely not the way to be heard.

^^^ this Hi5

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2013, 12:51:16 AM »

Hard to be heard when nobody in this state gives a **** about what I have to say.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2013, 01:01:10 AM »
Zath, Prop 8 is still the law of the land in California. The people have it right, even if the government doesn't.

Is it? Is it really the law of the land when the state government refuses to do their duty and defend it in a court of law? Sorry but when you have officials that shirk their duties just because they don't like the law are telling the people who voted the proposition into law that their vote means nothing then voting itself is a waste of time. Until we get a viable opposition party here in California, my time is better spent on things other than voting.