Author Topic: Global Warming - MY ASS  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

Global Warming - MY ASS
« on: June 10, 2008, 12:07:28 PM »
Sitting her at the 'puter at 1105, Tuesday, 10 June and we are getting rain mixed with SNOW.  I'm sure the higher elevations in the mountains surrounding Helena MT is getting nothing but SNOW.

I'm sorry, but we're still showing WINDCHILLS along with our regular temps.  This is INSANE! :mental:
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline Lauri

Re: Global Warming - MY ASS
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 12:09:29 PM »
where are you? I'm near Seattle in the suburbs on the eastside and they had snow in the Cascades yesterday, or last night..

and the rivers are running fast... i really need some sun.  :bawl:

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 12:19:11 PM »
There is no Glowballs Warming. It's been changed to Climate Change. Diden't you get the notice?   :-)
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 12:28:29 PM »
There is no Glowballs Warming. It's been changed to Climate Change. Diden't you get the notice?   :-)

and today, there is a link on Drudge about how the sun hasnt been flaring up in sunspots like it usually does..i didnt drill into the full story, but i've heard this before.

the climatologists are actually concerned that the sun is slowing down or something. that its putting out less heat and that the actual opposite is happening: we are heading into another ice age. i think the most honest way to approach it is to say, "we simply dont know what this means, we're just telling you, people of earth, that the sun is less warm than it was a few days/months/years ago"

i dont think anybody is going to freak out unless the sun stops shining altogether.

cause... that would be bad.  :lmao:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 01:21:06 PM »

and today, there is a link on Drudge about how the sun hasnt been flaring up in sunspots like it usually does..i didnt drill into the full story, but i've heard this before.

the climatologists are actually concerned that the sun is slowing down or something. that its putting out less heat and that the actual opposite is happening: we are heading into another ice age. i think the most honest way to approach it is to say, "we simply dont know what this means, we're just telling you, people of earth, that the sun is less warm than it was a few days/months/years ago"

i dont think anybody is going to freak out unless the sun stops shining altogether.

cause... that would be bad.  :lmao:

Once again, Man interferes with Nature.  Solar cooling is now the latest human-activity caused catastrophe.   

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 08:03:56 PM »

Once again, Man interferes with Nature.  Solar cooling is now the latest human-activity caused catastrophe.   

You've got to warn someone when you post like this!!  Thank God my kid wasn't in the room!  (Oh, and you owe me a keyboard...)  :rotf:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 10:37:29 AM »
Once again with the rain mixed with snow in Helena MT.  Yesterday we actually had a dusting which melted as soon as the storm broke up and the sun came out.

The current temp is 41 with a windchill of 37.

On 11 June????????

I've seen it snow on the 4th of July before, but that was back in the mid 1980s.
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 06:34:05 PM »
Sitting her at the 'puter at 1105, Tuesday, 10 June and we are getting rain mixed with SNOW.  I'm sure the higher elevations in the mountains surrounding Helena MT is getting nothing but SNOW.

I'm sorry, but we're still showing WINDCHILLS along with our regular temps.  This is INSANE! :mental:

Weather and climate are not the same thing.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 06:43:30 PM »

....and yet, they both change. Just ask the Sahara Desert.  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 07:15:07 PM »

Absolutely true:  Weather is real and has an actual effect on people's lives.  Climate is imaginary and only has an effect on liberals lives.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 04:21:23 PM »
What, everyone knows, is that global warming causes global cooling.  Therefore we need more government, more regulations, less freedom, and more taxes.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.