Author Topic: North Korea says it will launch nuclear attack on America  (Read 6285 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
North Korea says it will launch nuclear attack on America
« on: March 07, 2013, 08:04:21 AM »
Let's see what the Oministration says (or more importantly does) about this.

North Korea says it will launch nuclear attack on America

By HARRY HAWKINS

Published: 4 hrs ago

NORTH Korea led by tyrant Kim Jong-un has sensationally vowed to launch a NUCLEAR attack on the USA.

The provocative statement comes weeks after the country conducted underground nuclear tests which caused a massive earthquake.

America’s west coast cities on Los Angeles and San Francisco are feared to be in Kim’s sights.

A foreign ministry spokesman said: "Since the United States is about to ignite a nuclear war, we will be exercising our right to pre-emptive nuclear attack against the headquarters of the aggressor in order to protect our supreme interest."

However experts doubt the country's ability to produce a warhead capable of being fitted to a long-range missile.

The announcement comes on the day North Korea launched a chilling new propaganda film via its official Youtube channel.

The rest is at: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4829035/north-korea-says-it-will-launch-nuclear-attack-on-america.html#ixzz2MrYJZvAG

Methinks the sanctions have bit before, The Un doesn't want to get overthrown by his military, and he needs to occupy them somehow.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

Re: North Korea says it will launch nuclear attack on America
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 09:20:41 AM »
More importantly, what does Dennis Rodman think about his new BFF's comments?

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:24:47 AM »
NORTH Korea led by tyrant Kim Jong-un has sensationally vowed to launch a NUCLEAR attack on the USA

Bring it bitch

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 10:26:07 AM »

Bring it bitch

Now just why does everyone think it will be the West Coast of the country that will be hit ??? Shifty Bas*ards
The whole lot of them, NK. China, Russia and the Middle east.

Someone may get the idea it might be in their interests to hit the East Coast and blame it on the NK.

Been done before in History, when one up and coming Country wants to start a war, they find two antagonist countries and hit one of them with the idea their biggest enemy did it, sit back and watch the two enemy's fight it out, then come in to gather the pickings left over.

Seems China and Russia are getting fed up with NK.   This leaves only the Middle East to sit and watch as America solves their problem by wiping out NK for all of them.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 11:55:22 AM »
Bunch of batty kids.  :mental:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:05:05 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 11:58:34 AM »
 :yawn:

Looks to me like Kim Jong un's panties are in a wad again.

The kid really does need to get laid.

BUT, should he even make an attempt, it's time for Barry and his Boyz to get brave and throw out some more words in the U.N.

Yeah. That's the ticket. More words in the U.N.  :whatever:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 12:04:44 PM »
:yawn:

Looks to me like Kim Jong un's panties are in a wad again.

The kid really does need to get laid.

BUT, should he even make an attempt, it's time for Barry and his Boyz to get brave and throw out some more words in the U.N.

Yeah. That's the ticket. More words in the U.N.  :whatever:

It is just a way to get them more international aide. Just act like a batty kid, which Kim Jong-Un is. :mental:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 12:07:55 PM »
Where's Reagan when we need him to make a preemptive-preemptive strike.  :-)  Seriously, why is it that all these little dictators only grow a pair of nuts when there is a weak-kneed Democrat in office?

Offline Dori

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 12:37:20 PM »
It is just a way to get them more international aide. Just act like a batty kid, which Kim Jong-Un is.

It worked for his dad.  When they want money, they start acting up like a spoiled kid.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 12:38:34 PM »
We can't nuke 'em if it happens, cause S. Korea is right there. However, I sure as hell think we can launch enough missles, and drop enough high grade explosives, napalm, etc on them to make that crap country look like one big dirt mound. They do this....no survivors.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 12:59:11 PM »
America’s west coast cities on Los Angeles and San Francisco are feared to be in Kim’s sights.

LA, San Fran, Portland, and Seattle are all in range of getting blown off the map.  Am I the only one who doesn't really see a problem with this?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Dori

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 01:07:14 PM »
We can't nuke 'em if it happens, cause S. Korea is right there. However, I sure as hell think we can launch enough missles, and drop enough high grade explosives, napalm, etc on them to make that crap country look like one big dirt mound. They do this....no survivors.

You would only have to level one city to wipe out the government.  The rest of the country is nothing but poor people looking for something to eat. 
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 01:12:55 PM »

LA, San Fran, Portland, and Seattle are all in range of getting blown off the map.  Am I the only one who doesn't really see a problem with this?

Nope.  But some of our members that live in the area might.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 01:17:20 PM »
Nope.  But some of our members that live in the area might.

Well, given the fact that their previous tests have consisted of a guy lighting a fuse and running like hell, I don't think our West Coast CCers have too terribly much to be worried about from North Korea just yet.

Liberals?  Another story.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 01:48:50 PM »

Seeing that my BIL, sister, and three nieces are stationed at Hueneme . . . yeah.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 02:05:09 PM »
Seeing that my BIL, sister, and three nieces are stationed at Hueneme . . . yeah.

BSS--LA is 50 or so miles away from Oxnard as the crow flies.  It'd take one HELL of a party favor to have a nuke dropped on LA to do any significant damage in Hueneme.

http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/gmap/hydesim.html

You'd have to drop something on the order of >25MT to see damage even to windows there.  The biggest test the Norks have done, IIRC, is about 15-20 KT.  Sucks for anyone right under it, but more than 3-4 miles away?  Meh.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 03:28:14 PM »
BSS--LA is 50 or so miles away from Oxnard as the crow flies.  It'd take one HELL of a party favor to have a nuke dropped on LA to do any significant damage in Hueneme.

You'd have to drop something on the order of >25MT to see damage even to windows there.  The biggest test the Norks have done, IIRC, is about 15-20 KT.  Sucks for anyone right under it, but more than 3-4 miles away?  Meh.

Fallout would be dangerous for quite some distance, though.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 03:56:14 PM »
This is just lil' Kimmie JR flapping his gums for attention.

He won't do squat more than wave his tiny substandard pecker about until he makes the UN cave into whatever demand he's making at the moment.

Offline Silverhair

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 03:59:17 PM »
Have our diplomat say to them, "Thank you for your notification that active hostilities will resume on March 11, at 00:00:01 hours." and then shut up and walk away.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 04:04:47 PM »

Three letters, Sparky:

E M P

Chase her.

Offline Silverhair

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 04:06:08 PM »

Sure.  We can nuke them.  Pyongyang is about 85 miles from the DMZ.  One air burst wipes it out.  A few military sites may need attention too.  A single Ohio class submarine could hit them with hundreds of nukes, each precision targeted.  Just make sure that all the warheads are air bursts so there is no fallout.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 04:10:02 PM »
Sure.  We can nuke them.  Pyongyang is about 85 miles from the DMZ.  One air burst wipes it out.  A few military sites may need attention too.  A single Ohio class submarine could hit them with hundreds of nukes, each precision targeted.  Just make sure that all the warheads are air bursts so there is no fallout.

The capability is there, but the political will is not.

No way in hell will Barry and his Boyz authorize a nuclear strike against anybody -- even if we're attacked first. Michelle has more balls than Barry does.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 05:25:14 PM »

Assuming they could get about 10 more years worth of work done on their missile, which is at this point just designed to go as far as they can stretch it instead of actually carrying a useful payload, and they could also make an actual warhead weapon as opposed to something they construct more or less at the place they're going to use it, which would probably take them a few years and several more tests by itself, aside from the launch vehicle issue.

That said...Li'l Kim may or may not be as nuts as the rest of his family.  Who knows what the little shit is likely to try.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 06:50:12 PM »
North Korea can go all **** themselves.  :bird:  :argh:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:57:15 PM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 06:57:17 PM »
Assuming they could get about 10 more years worth of work done on their missile, which is at this point just designed to go as far as they can stretch it instead of actually carrying a useful payload, and they could also make an actual warhead weapon as opposed to something they construct more or less at the place they're going to use it, which would probably take them a few years and several more tests by itself, aside from the launch vehicle issue.

That said...Li'l Kim may or may not be as nuts as the rest of his family.  Who knows what the little shit is likely to try.

DAT, all they have to do is to get a working warhead on top of a missile.  No re-entry vehicle needed, because if the burst is, say, 100 or so miles into the atmosphere, the EMP generated will fry all of the electronics on the West Coast.

Chase her.