Author Topic: Rand Paul is belting out an Old School Filibuster!!  (Read 13624 times)

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: Rand Paul is belting out an Old School Filibuster!!
« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2013, 12:40:30 PM »
So you don't deny that he padded his resume?

Making excuses and pointing toward others is the first sign of someone who won't take accountability for his actions. Does this sound like a person like this should be a senator?

If anything, Rand Paul should be held to a slightly tougher standard than your average freshly-graduated college boy who interned at a Boy Scout camp and called it "youth counseling" on his resume.

Looks to me like you're making excuses for him.

Um, Euph, I think you may be a little.........."picky".

The organization that works with the American Medical Association to approve specialty boards of this nature, as the Courier-Journal notes, is called the American Board of Medical Specialties. And it does not recognize Paul's group.   

Seriously, the AMA ? a left wing group ? Only 20% of doctors belong to the AMA.  :whatever:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2013, 01:20:01 PM »
Um, Euph, I think you may be a little.........."picky".

Your opinion is noted.

Seriously, the AMA ? a left wing group ? Only 20% of doctors belong to the AMA.  :whatever:

Did the man make an unsubstantiated claim regarding his certification (or lack thereof) or didn't he? That's a straight up question -- either yes or no.

Excusing this kind of behavior makes you both look...."unpicky."

Again, where I come from, this kind of shit results in getting the boot. No excuses. You publish a CV or resume, it had better be accurate especially concerning certifications. This guy forms his own "group" for Christ's sake and certifies himself. AYFKM?

You can look the other way all day long, but that doesn't change the facts.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2013, 09:26:25 AM »
This is why the Damn Republicans continually get their asses kicked in elections on the popular front. Too much infighting and demands for purity. You think we're going to win another election by fracturing our movement? Yeah, let's all jump on Rand because of this and that.....meanwhile the Damn leftist goons are strengthening up their front. ****ing insanity. Rand Paul is not Ron Paul.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2013, 09:31:54 AM »
This is why the Damn Republicans continually get their asses kicked in elections on the popular front. Too much infighting and demands for purity. You think we're going to win another election by fracturing our movement? Yeah, let's all jump on Rand because of this and that.....meanwhile the Damn leftist goons are strengthening up their front. ****ing insanity. Rand Paul is not Ron Paul.

Okay from now on I will blindly follow whoever the conservative hero of the day is.

This has nothing to do with purity it has nothing to do will his dad it has to do with he has not earned my trust because of his own actions.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2013, 09:38:30 AM »
Okay from now on I will blindly follow whoever the conservative hero of the day is.

This has nothing to do with purity it has nothing to do will his dad it has to do with he has not earned my trust because of his own actions.

Where did I infer anything about blind following?

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2013, 09:41:54 AM »

Add this to the fact that if he becomes a national figure, the media will be ready to rip him to shreds.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2013, 10:26:27 AM »
Where did I infer anything about blind following?

You are complaining that some of us haven't jumped on the Randwagon.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2013, 11:02:47 AM »
You are complaining that some of us haven't jumped on the Randwagon.

Nice.  :-)

h5

I see the schmuck not in the same manner as I see his father.

Rand might be worse because he's smarter about his bullshit than his father is.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2013, 11:43:55 AM »
Nice.  :-)

h5

I see the schmuck not in the same manner as I see his father.

Rand might be worse because he's smarter about his bullshit than his father is.

Whether he's the heir to the Ronulan Empire or not...you do have to admit he's done something that no one else in the GOP has done...and that's openly challenge this administration and didn't pull a Boehner and just roll over.

Yeah I know it's only one time...might be the only time...but it's a start.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2013, 11:44:43 AM »

:clap:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Dori

« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2013, 12:15:27 PM »
So you don't deny that he padded his resume?

Making excuses and pointing toward others is the first sign of someone who won't take accountability for his actions. Does this sound like a person like this should be a senator?

If anything, Rand Paul should be held to a slightly tougher standard than your average freshly-graduated college boy who interned at a Boy Scout camp and called it "youth counseling" on his resume.

Looks to me like you're making excuses for him.

I don't know what you mean by "padding his resume", when he wrote it, or making excuses for him.  I'm not challenging your opinion of Rand Paul.  Like I've said twice, I don't really know anything about Rand as I have not followed him, but I did like what he did in the filibuster (for many reasons) and I take it you didn't and that you don't like Rand Paul.  Your also of the opinion that I'm defending him, yet you seem to want to post information to use against him.

What I did wonder about was your reference.  Opinion pieces referencing an article that is no longer available does make me ask questions about who wrote it and why.  I am always suspect of today's news regarding Republicans.  The "Daily Beast" (refering to the "Journal" article) was attempting to rebroadcast Rand Paul as a dishonest person.  It didn't give Rand's side of the story.  I also don't know who the person writing the article is and what his purpose was for bringing it up.  

Like I said before, the CBS article did quote Rand.  I don't know if Rand lied on his resume or not, as I have never seen it. (but I will look for it, along with other things). Was he a member of the board your talking about?  Yes he was and it ran out after ten years, and apparently (according to the article) thousands of other doctors who received certifications have not been re-certified either. Not sure what it's importance is.  My other question being, if this was an issue now, wouldn't the state have pulled his license over it?  Maybe they did, I don't know yet.

I'm also not sure what you meant by your other point, regarding what the differences are between Boy Scout interns and youth counselors.  When I went to Girl Scout camp we called our interns counselor.  

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Johnny Yuma

• Just Off Probation
  • AR is for Armalite
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2013, 01:14:29 PM »
Whether he's the heir to the Ronulan Empire or not...you do have to admit he's done something that no one else in the GOP has done...and that's openly challenge this administration and didn't pull a Boehner and just roll over.

Very true ... it's a start ....

It's how the (R) in our N. IL county went from "Elitest , self serving(R)ino to a very conservative (R) party ... one small step at a time ....

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2013, 02:16:19 PM »
I don't know what you mean by "padding his resume", when he wrote it, or making excuses for him.  I'm not challenging your opinion of Rand Paul.  Like I've said twice, I don't really know anything about Rand as I have not followed him, but I did like what he did in the filibuster (for many reasons) and I take it you didn't and that you don't like Rand Paul.  Your also of the opinion that I'm defending him, yet you seem to want to post information to use against him.

What I did wonder about was your reference.  Opinion pieces referencing an article that is no longer available does make me ask questions about who wrote it and why.  I am always suspect of today's news regarding Republicans.  The "Daily Beast" (refering to the "Journal" article) was attempting to rebroadcast Rand Paul as a dishonest person.  It didn't give Rand's side of the story.  I also don't know who the person writing the article is and what his purpose was for bringing it up.  

Like I said before, the CBS article did quote Rand.  I don't know if Rand lied on his resume or not, as I have never seen it. (but I will look for it, along with other things). Was he a member of the board your talking about?  Yes he was and it ran out after ten years, and apparently (according to the article) thousands of other doctors who received certifications have not been re-certified either. Not sure what it's importance is.  My other question being, if this was an issue now, wouldn't the state have pulled his license over it?  Maybe they did, I don't know yet.

I'm also not sure what you meant by your other point, regarding what the differences are between Boy Scout interns and youth counselors.  When I went to Girl Scout camp we called our interns counselor.  

:banghead:  Never mind. Just chalk up the whole damned thing to a "spirit of the moment" reflex.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2013, 02:17:28 PM »

Gotta start somewhere and be bold.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2013, 02:22:55 PM »

Sure, I'll give him points for being semi-creative. There hadn't been an old-fashioned, bladder-bustin' filibuster since way, way back in.....

wait for it......

Is this what we're about? Somebody - a junior senator - sticks the president's choice for SecDef right up the prezzie's ass while railing on about drones that have nothing to do with the SecDef himself?  :whatever:

Personally, I think that Rand is positioning himself for a run in 2016 -- and I can see the media eating him for lunch. Why? Well, I'll admit he's not nearly the kind of shitstick that Biden is - plagiarizer par excellence - but he's second tier schmuck with a granite bladder.

But ****it -- makes me no never-mind. When the sorry bastard throws his hat in the ring and the liberal media clamor to remove his head right at the neckline, allow me to be the first to do one of these:

:whistling:

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2013, 02:30:16 PM »
Sure, I'll give him points for being semi-creative. There hadn't been an old-fashioned, bladder-bustin' filibuster since way, way back in.....

wait for it......

Is this what we're about? Somebody - a junior senator - sticks the president's choice for SecDef right up the prezzie's ass while railing on about drones that have nothing to do with the SecDef himself?  :whatever:

Personally, I think that Rand is positioning himself for a run in 2016 -- and I can see the media eating him for lunch. Why? Well, I'll admit he's not nearly the kind of shitstick that Biden is - plagiarizer par excellence - but he's second tier schmuck with a granite bladder.

But ****it -- makes me no never-mind. When the sorry bastard throws his hat in the ring and the liberal media clamor to remove his head right at the neckline, allow me to be the first to do one of these:

:whistling:

To be fair the media is going to work overtime to ruin anyone on the repuke side.

I do agree with your points though.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2013, 02:37:17 PM »

wait for it......

The SecDef doesn't have anything to do with drones?

BTW, it was the CIA director.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2013, 04:10:16 PM »
The SecDef doesn't have anything to do with drones?

BTW, it was the CIA director.

:lmao:

I sit corrected. I had Hagel on the brain with his visit to A-stan and his Taliban Welcoming Committee.

Say whatchawanna. Rand Paul is not my idea of a rousing "let's win this one for the Gipper." You guys wanna have a love fest with him in the center, hey, have at it.

I am impressed, however, with his granite bladder. Holy Pissoir, Batman, I can't go 4 hours without makin' a trip to the loo.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2013, 04:21:14 PM »
Your opinion is noted.

Did the man make an unsubstantiated claim regarding his certification (or lack thereof) or didn't he? That's a straight up question -- either yes or no.

Excusing this kind of behavior makes you both look...."unpicky."

Again, where I come from, this kind of shit results in getting the boot. No excuses. You publish a CV or resume, it had better be accurate especially concerning certifications. This guy forms his own "group" for Christ's sake and certifies himself. AYFKM?

You can look the other way all day long, but that doesn't change the facts.

I was merely pointing out that a LEFT WING doctor organization changed the rules in the middle of the game (according to the CBS report) while exempting "some doctors".

Paul reportedly had certification from the American Board of Ophthalmology  - a recognized group - before letting it lapse in favor of certification from the board he heads.  

"I thought this was hypocritical and unjust for the older ophthalmologists to exempt themselves from the recertification exam," he writes. "... Is it fair that the ophthalmologist down the street can claim board certification, without renewing it, but that a younger ophthalmologist, who passed the same boards, is disallowed?"  

It seems to me Paul is being consistant in his personal views e.g., "hypocritical actions of authority".

Is Paul the answer for our nation ?
I have no idea, but he does seem to have back bone. Back bone is something lacking in Washington these days.

I have written off most politicians (which is why I usually vote third party) but I am open to someone who can put principle ahead of politics.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:26:25 PM by J P Sousa »
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2013, 04:36:21 PM »
1) I'm glad Rand Paul did the filibuster thing, if for no other reason it was a finger in the eye of Obama.

2) I'm glad he voted against Brennan.

3) Me and my dad are polar opposites when it comes to politics, having said that Rand is set to be the successor to the kingdom of Dr. Nutz so that gives me pause. I don't trust Rand any farther then I can throw him, he has a tonne of work to do for my vote.

4) 2016 is a ways off so he has time.

- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2013, 07:56:00 PM »
Repubs are like jumping jacks. One week/month, it is Rubio, then Cruz and now Paul. They did the same thing in the last election. I do not think Paul is a serious candidate for 016. I hope not just I do not want Jebb to run either. I do give Paul props for the filibuster. Hope he keeps poking Obummer and the Democrats. About time someone did it. 

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2013, 08:10:23 PM »
Repubs are like jumping jacks. One week/month, it is Rubio, then Cruz and now Paul. They did the same thing in the last election. I do not think Paul is a serious candidate for 016. I hope not just I do not want Jebb to run either. I do give Paul props for the filibuster. Hope he keeps poking Obummer and the Democrats. About time someone did it. 

The funny thing is, and this is just me of course.

The repubs don't choose who goes into orbit around them. It's the folkes that choose who to go into orbit around.

Of course there are alot of other things that can be discussed. But in the end the voter makes the choice, not the candidate.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2013, 04:47:54 AM »

Unless I'm mistaken and since SecDef Hagel was already winging his way to Afghanistan when the filibuster happened...Sen. Paul gave his long winded protest during the vote on John Brennan the nominee for CIA...which does make when he did and when he did it relevant.

So the argument that he did this at the wrong place and time is a non-starter.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2013, 10:30:24 AM »
Unless I'm mistaken and since SecDef Hagel was already winging his way to Afghanistan when the filibuster happened...Sen. Paul gave his long winded protest during the vote on John Brennan the nominee for CIA...which does make when he did and when he did it relevant.

So the argument that he did this at the wrong place and time is a non-starter.

Yeah, it's already been pointed out on another thread that I got Brennan and Hagel momentarily confused. Must've been the heady rush of still being whirlwinded by Rand's bladder-busting performance.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2013, 10:35:21 AM »
I was merely pointing out that a LEFT WING doctor organization changed the rules in the middle of the game (according to the CBS report) while exempting "some doctors".

I hear ya on the AMA being as left wing as they come. IIRC, the AMA slopped at the Obamacare trough.

It seems to me Paul is being consistant in his personal views e.g., "hypocritical actions of authority".

I just don't see it that way. Paul should've publicly denounced the AMA and, instead of merely allowing his certification to lapse (thereby being less than proactive about a credential on which he is likely to earn money), he should've taken measures other than form his own little group. You don't see the potential and appearance of impropriety here?

I submit that potential senators - as he was at the time all this came out - must adhere to a higher standard. I see shucking and jiving with this guy.

YMMV.

[/quote]