Author Topic: Tax Refund  (Read 3014 times)

Offline CG6468

Tax Refund
« on: February 21, 2013, 02:35:24 AM »
We received our Federal tax refund yesterday. I sent it electronically on 2/15.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline jtyangel

Re: Tax Refund
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 08:42:44 AM »
We received our Federal tax refund yesterday. I sent it electronically on 2/15.

Not me...sent it the same day before you. Just checked the refund thing and still in 'received' status.  :p

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 08:46:47 AM »
Suppose I should get off my butt and file so I can get my dollar back.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 09:55:25 AM »
Not filing till the last day cause I am going to owe the blood suckers a bunch.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 10:04:49 AM »
Due to uncertain income for my wife, and to other things, we had over $2700 coming back. So I filed as early as I could.

Now for Illinois' refund................

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 11:11:21 AM »
Due to uncertain income for my wife, and to other things, we had over $2700 coming back. So I filed as early as I could.

Now for Illinois' refund................

I filed on Feb. 4 and got the check in the mail on the 19th.

I filed the state on the same day and they say the check will be mailed today.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 11:16:26 AM »
I filed in late January; but the IRS didn't accept returns until the 30th. Both state (GA) and federal were deposited on the 13th. I just e-filed my son's return today.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 12:05:42 PM »
Not filing till the last day cause I am going to owe the blood suckers a bunch.

Mine's all over the map, I should be heavily overwithheld for the Feds but far short on the State side (Which has to be filed after the Fed return)...major parts of my income from four different directions that all follow different withholding practices this year, particularly with respect to the state part.  Getting to the bottom line will keep for a couple of weeks yet, I'm pretty flush right now. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 12:08:59 PM »
Suppose I should get off my butt and file so I can get my dollar back.

They are earning interest on your dollar.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline CG6468

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 12:09:10 PM »
I just let TurboTax guide me.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 12:50:36 PM »
I just let TurboTax guide me.

It worked for Timothy Geithner. :-)

Offline CG6468

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »
It worked for Timothy Geithner. :-)

Riiiight.......... But a dummie like me can do it.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 02:27:42 PM »
We are waiting for the CPA to come and fill out the usual 70-80 pages of B-S and send his bill for $2700.00.

I used to complain about the bill but found out he "fixes" the Quick Books my wife screws up every year. She is very good with other aspects of the business but figures are a problem.

As for me,........I turn a bright purple at the mere mention of taxes. TAXES = Bronco-Bama = high blood pressure.  :drink:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 05:52:46 PM »
E-filed on the 24th, was processed on the 30th, money direct deposited to my account on the 31st of January.

And when got my return, I went to HR and changed my W-4 deduction.  I'll be damned if I'm going to give those clowns an interest-free loan anymore.  I'd rather owe a little than be owed a bunch, especially where this administration is concerned.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 09:17:22 PM »
Mine's all over the map, I should be heavily overwithheld for the Feds but far short on the State side (Which has to be filed after the Fed return)...major parts of my income from four different directions that all follow different withholding practices this year, particularly with respect to the state part.  Getting to the bottom line will keep for a couple of weeks yet, I'm pretty flush right now. 

I was griping so much about moving to Florida for the first couple years. Now after the 3rd winter here, I don't think I could return to the cold weather. I know that I couldn't return to paying taxes to the state of Mo. It's been nice not having to do a state return. I don't think I had ever received a refund from Missouri.

Did you get hard by the storm? Saw the pics on the national news on the snow in St Louis, showed Int 64 snow packed. I'm worried about my family there.

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 09:20:14 PM »
E-filed on the 24th, was processed on the 30th, money direct deposited to my account on the 31st of January.

And when got my return, I went to HR and changed my W-4 deduction.  I'll be damned if I'm going to give those clowns an interest-free loan anymore.  I'd rather owe a little than be owed a bunch, especially where this administration is concerned.
I was waiting for the last report that I needed before filing, going to get going on it this weekend. The last 2 years really cut the amount that we're paying in taxes, as we still got small refunds. I don't like giving them interest free loans. I'll be happy if we don't owe them anything this year.

I itemize everything, so have a lot of compilation to do.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 10:37:38 AM »
Did you get hard by the storm? Saw the pics on the national news on the snow in St Louis, showed Int 64 snow packed. I'm worried about my family there.

It could've been a lot worse, most of it was sleet and tiny hailstones instead of freezing rain, so it didn't stick in the tree branches and cause any major power outages.  But there is an inch-and-a-half or so of frozen slush with a hard and very slick ice crust everywhere this morning.  Roads are reported to be fairly clear but I haven't been out since Wednesday.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 02:13:21 PM »
It could've been a lot worse, most of it was sleet and tiny hailstones instead of freezing rain, so it didn't stick in the tree branches and cause any major power outages.  But there is an inch-and-a-half or so of frozen slush with a hard and very slick ice crust everywhere this morning.  Roads are reported to be fairly clear but I haven't been out since Wednesday.

An in-law in St Louis told me that her hubby didn't go to work (he's a trucker) as the roads were so bad and cars and trucks were sliding into the ditches. A friend who lives here in Florida had visited her daughter in NYC. She said the week there reminded her of why they moved here.

Stay safe everyone.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 09:31:40 AM »
Our Illinois refund was deposited yesterday.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 02:29:40 PM »
My wife's been hinting that I need to go get ours done.  Maybe I should take her up on that.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 02:39:52 PM »
I'm glad they're both deposited.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 07:38:41 PM »
Taking mine to the CPA next week. The AMT is going to bite me in the butt this year. Gonna cry when he tells me how much I am going to owe.