Author Topic: You're sick of John McCain? Well, I'm sick to my stomach of you DUmmies  (Read 737 times)

Offline Delmar

Sun Feb 17, 2013, 07:00 PM
 nolabear (13,462 posts)

I am sick, sick, SICK of John McCain!!

I am sick of being held hostage to his grudges.

I am sick of hearing him steamroll anyone who doesn't agree with him.

I am sick of his strident attitude masking his lousy judgment.

I am sick of his mean, petty sense of humor.

I am sick unto DEATH of his willingness to stop us from getting our needs met in the name of his desire to be remembered as something he's not...relevant, important, and a politician who does anything but obstruct.

I've seen just about all I can watch of his smug, entitled face. I HOPE that the Arizona press is right in their positing that he may be nearing retirement because I need to live long enough to see John McCain and his ilk relegated to the dustbin of history!!

Thanks for listening. My last nerve has been singing all day and I needed some relief.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022391250
I get it, McCain won't let go of Benghazi and that draws attention to the fact that Barry let better men than him die and then got a good nights sleep and jetted off to Vegas and that pisses you off.

But then there's this:
Response to Squinch (Reply #3)Sun Feb 17, 2013, 09:30 PM
Ned Flanders (3 posts)
24. Hanoi Hilton does not give street cred

From what I've read, the Hanoi Hilton was the best place to be, if you were shot down and otherwise captured by the VC, the place where special cases were put for preferential treatment. McCain got there because his daddy was an admiral, I believe. Furthermore, the author of Flight of the Intruder posits that we shouldn't celebrate pilots for being shot down, because many of those pilots got shot down because of their own incompetence. Plus, who says he was tortured? Can we really accept McCain's testimony in such matters, given the dishonesty he has since displayed over the intervening decades?

He's even flip-flopped on the "enhanced interrogation" issue, hypocrite!
Go straight to hell, Ned Flanders.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: You're sick of John McCain? Well, I'm sick to my stomach of you DUmmies
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 08:56:17 PM »
<<<sick, sick, SICK of the primitives!!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 09:10:52 PM »
I don't much care for McCain the politician.  He's arrogant, self-centered, and all too willing to hold political grudges.  He had a beef against George Bush, so rather than participate and try to craft better legislation he opposed anything Bush suggested.  When he finally got the GOP nod, he came across as a tired old man, and then refused to use his greatest asset, and then particiapated in bashing her when he felt that was the thing to do.

But to say that he wasn't a brave pilot, or that he wasn't tortured is the work of a demented mine.  The DUmmies are admitting to something here, though.  There were worse POW camps in North Vietnam.  They were run by the Cubans.  I've read what those are like.  Part of dropping any embargo against Cuba should involve all of those bastards being handed over to us.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 09:57:06 PM »
To their credit, a few DUmmies go after that Ned Flanders idiot.  Doesn't matter though, they are still posting on the Stormfront of the left website know as Democratunderground.com.

Offline Dori

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 10:02:57 PM »
I've not been a fan of McCain's or Graham's.  But on Benghazi they have been hanging tough.  Maybe you can teach old dogs new tricks.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 10:09:38 PM »
I am sick of hearing him steamroll anyone who doesn't agree with him.

Because the Democrats never ever do this...
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 11:03:50 PM »
I maybe the only one that realizes this but "Flight Of The Intruder " was a work of fiction so why use it as a reference to bolster your argument when there are enough real life sources out there?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 12:47:08 AM »
I maybe the only one that realizes this but "Flight Of The Intruder " was a work of fiction so why use it as a reference to bolster your argument when there are enough real life sources out there?

:II:  You're not.  IIRC, the whole Hanoi Hilton was a Country Club meme started sometime around 1999.  May be wrong.  That said, Juan, by his own admission was a O-Club closer, kick the tires and light the fires A-4 jock who got by quite a bit on his fathers coat tails.  I have the utmost respect for POW McCain.  Politician McCain sucks.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 01:59:35 PM »
I am sick of ya DUmmies!  :bird:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 02:47:45 PM »
I am sick of ya DUmmies!  :bird:

Hold on a minute every story has two sides.

I became a bit afraid for his mental health when a few years after coming home he gave a speech at the O Club on Mare Island.   He was not quite right in the head at that time.  His topic was China and Hugh military they had.

According to him China had more adult men and woman in the military then we had adults under 40 year old in 20 states. OK if he said so, but then he went on to tell us that no man in the military should get a vasectomy or sign to allow his wife to receive a tubligation.    Obvious his POW experiences had screwed up his mind some what.

Then when he left his family that had spent a few years 24/7 trying to get him released, I put that down to PTS until I found out the new woman he had was worth millions and could finance his political carear.

I began to wonder about all his war experiences and found some disturbing recalls from former POWS that did not paint him in a good light. 

So I watched him for another almost 30 years + and find he has not changed all that much, same man, same ideas, and ***** whipped into accepting a little known Governor of a far away state as a running mate.   Don't get me wrong but at that time there was no way for Sara to be able to handle the vice presidency.   Perhaps in 15 years from now she can handle it but back then was too soon. 

McCain has learned through the years and become a statesman, if he is on the track of really big blunders by the administration then today I listen to him.   I would give McCain one word of advice, do not get on any airplain, go by car or rail, and hire a food taster. 

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 03:11:34 PM »
:II:  You're not.  IIRC, the whole Hanoi Hilton was a Country Club meme started sometime around 1999.  May be wrong.  That said, Juan, by his own admission was a O-Club closer, kick the tires and light the fires A-4 jock who got by quite a bit on his fathers coat tails.  I have the utmost respect for POW McCain.  Politician McCain sucks.

Almost word for word what I think of McCain.  From everything I've seen about his naval career, McCain didn't stand out as much of anything except a world-class screw up.  Nearly dead last in his Academy class, a series of screw-ups in several different aircraft showing that his reasoning abilities hadn't much improved after graduating the Academy.  BUT...

When his ass got tossed into the fire at the Hanoi Hilton, his record of HONORABLE conduct, with respect to his fellow inmates has been clearly established. I'm not sure at all that I could endure all that he endured at the hands of the North Vietnamese during his captivity, and I'm pretty sure that my tender pink ass doesn't want the chance to find out anytime soon.  But the man lives with the consequences of the torture they inflicted on him to this day (for those who don't know, the man is INCAPABLE of raising his arms above the level of his shoulders any longer, as just one of the lingering effects of his "cushy" treatment at the hands of the NVA). 

For that, McCain has my undying respect, but it doesn't mean that I would ever choose to cast another ballot for him, in any capacity.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 04:54:57 PM »
Almost word for word what I think of McCain.  From everything I've seen about his naval career, McCain didn't stand out as much of anything except a world-class screw up.  Nearly dead last in his Academy class, a series of screw-ups in several different aircraft showing that his reasoning abilities hadn't much improved after graduating the Academy.  BUT...

When his ass got tossed into the fire at the Hanoi Hilton, his record of HONORABLE conduct, with respect to his fellow inmates has been clearly established. I'm not sure at all that I could endure all that he endured at the hands of the North Vietnamese during his captivity, and I'm pretty sure that my tender pink ass doesn't want the chance to find out anytime soon.  But the man lives with the consequences of the torture they inflicted on him to this day (for those who don't know, the man is INCAPABLE of raising his arms above the level of his shoulders any longer, as just one of the lingering effects of his "cushy" treatment at the hands of the NVA). 

For that, McCain has my undying respect, but it doesn't mean that I would ever choose to cast another ballot for him, in any capacity.

Dead on.  H5 given (merited, IMHO).
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 04:57:28 PM »
:II:  You're not.  IIRC, the whole Hanoi Hilton was a Country Club meme started sometime around 1999.  May be wrong.  That said, Juan, by his own admission was a Club closer, kick the tires and light the fires A-4 jock who got by quite a bit on his fathers coat tails.  I have the utmost respect for POW McCain.  Politician McCain sucks.

I agree. As a politician he shouldn't have been allowed nay closer to DC then the Arizona State line.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"