Author Topic: brain-damaged primitive raked over the coals  (Read 782 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
brain-damaged primitive raked over the coals
« on: February 05, 2013, 06:42:22 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022316652

Oh my.

This is a companion campfire to Carl's

"brain damaged primitive being stalked"
http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,83690.0.html

DainBramaged (36,768 posts)   Tue Feb 5, 2013, 01:08 PM

This message was self-deleted by its author

This message was self-deleted by its author (DainBramaged) on Tue Feb 5, 2013, 03:24 PM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

The deleted original topic was about a hamburger joint that puts Biblical phrases on its packaging.

Recursion (22,675 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 01:25 PM

1. They treat their workers well, as far as that goes

And make a good product. I'm an In-N-Out fan. Not all Christians are conservatives, or assholes.

flamingdem (21,629 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 02:42 PM

15. There is a great Huell Houser PBS program on this

The employees seem to love it

DainBramaged (36,768 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 02:50 PM

19. Why then cater to Christrians and no one else?

Chick-Fil-a of the West coast.

Recursion (22,675 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 02:51 PM

21. Sorry, we're talking about "In-N-Out Burgers". You seem to be bringing up a chain...

... that caters only to Christians. Which restaurant are you talking about, and why are you bringing it up in a thread about In-N-Out burgers?

DainBramaged (36,768 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 02:55 PM

28. nd discreet biblical citations on its cups and food wrappers,

I guess that's referring to the chemical makeup of tar?

FrodosPet (834 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 03:23 PM

57. Are they a government agency?

Since the answer is no, they have the right to put them there. And anyone offended by them is under no legal obligation to purchase or eat their food.

MineralMan (50,382 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 02:52 PM

22. I don't think they do. I've never been asked my religion before buying a burger there. They sell burgers to all comers.

Dreamer Tatum (6,670 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 03:15 PM

48. Dumb post of the day

DainBramaged (36,768 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 03:18 PM

53. Right, dumb poster of the day

they cater to Christians, why the **** do you think they put bible verses on their paper?

Holy shit, I guess I tweaked a nerve...

lunasun (3,112 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 01:26 PM

2. I never noticed the biblical citations on its cups and food wrappers must be very discreet or I was not looking .......I do not eat greasy crap but have kids who hunger for it when out west .

Mostly for the old drive in logos

I know you get a different package whether eating in or out or to go, that is about it

I did not know that.........Thanks ....maybe somewhere else next trip.. so I do not ..

A HERETIC I AM (9,531 posts)     Tue Feb 5, 2013, 03:18 PM

52. They amount to tiny little " J 3:16" type notations....

On either the bottom or the inside lip of the bottom of their drink cups.

They are VERY discreet.

In-n-Out, unlike Chik-Fil-A, is open on Subdy

Interspersed throughout the fampfire are primitive comments about how magnanimous the company is in its treatment of employees, and praise for its owner; too much of that to bring over.  And also at this point is where the brain-damaged primitive went bawling to the meta forum about "bullies," and there's discussion of that too.

DainBramaged (36,768 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 02:48 PM

17. Married thrice, nice little Christian sayings on the paper products to cater to the Christians

One, I am once married, two, why not verses from the Koran or the Old Testament? Why no Buddha? Heck, why no reference to the devil?

Of course I'm just a bad guy for pointing out the hypocrisy...

zappaman (7,153 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 02:57 PM

32. Maybe because they choose not to use a Buddha or a verse from the Koran?

And I still couldn't care less if they did.

I think it's a great success story and, although I am a atheist, I don't hate anyone or there success based upon their religion.

Great burgers and they treat their employees well.

That's all that matters to me!

DainBramaged (36,768 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 03:04 PM

37. Whatever, I for one will never patronize them

you and I BOTH know who they cater to. And it sucks that they can.

^^^perhaps the most chilling comment made by the stupid ****.

The stupid **** seems to be suggesting suppression of free enterprise.

I think it sucks that the stupid **** can post on Skins's island, given his fondness for totalitarianism.

Recursion (22,675 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 03:12 PM

44. Have you ever *been* to one? It's the most popular burger chain on the west coast

Seriously, you're attacking a good business, and it's kind of embarrassing.

DainBramaged (36,768 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 03:14 PM

45. I find it odd how strongly you defend them.......

But that's your choice. 'ave a nice day.

Sheldon Cooper (382 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 03:14 PM

46. It sucks that they can cater to.... who?

If they want to cater to only christians or whatever, why does that suck? Let them cater to whomever they want, you're free to go there or not go there. What the ****, I'm not christian, never been to In and Out in my life, and I don't care who they sell their damn burgers to.

Lucinda (16,512 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 02:05 PM

7. I grew up with In-N-Out. Awesome burgers.

We didn't have them often, but they rocked. Most of those I know who have left California remember them fondly.

Warren DeMontague (43,183 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 02:07 PM

8. It's been about 15 years since I had a beef burger. That said, if I was going to get one tomorrow

I'd be hard pressed to find a tastier burger than In-n-Out.

They're good, as far as burgers go. And I'm about as far from a religious fundy as one can get.

Hekate (20,132 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 03:12 PM

43. They are excellent burgers, though I seldom go there

As long as they continue doing what they have always done, whatever that is, the product will be miles above the big chains.

My ex-husband introduced me to In-N-Out in college in the 1960s -- he remained a big fan until health problems unrelated to beef stopped him, but back then he positively lusted for those burgers so much that a mutual friend called him Wimpy, after the Popeye character. When our kids were very young he would take them way out of town to find the nearest In-N-Out on his weekends with them.

As to some of the other comments here, they've always been a good employer and the born-again son who put the Bible verses on the wrappers expanded on it:

Rich also established an expansive set of benefits, including 401(k) plans, paid vacation for part-timers, and health, dental, and vision plans for full-time workers. ....To this day, the corporate culture inspired by Harry and Esther and carved in stone by Rich stands in stark contrast to rivals' systems of low-paid burger flippers and cashiers who don their disposable hats for what society has deemed McJobs. And it never drove up prices or pushed down quality.

http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2009-04-08/in-n-out-burger-professionalizing-fast-food

Tierra_y_Libertad (35,173 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 02:08 PM

9. One of the few things I miss about L.A. is In-N-Out burgers.

sinkingfeeling (26,965 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 02:16 PM

10. I have never heard of In-N-Out.

FrodosPet (834 posts)    Tue Feb 5, 2013, 02:38 PM

12. That's a big part of why I come to DU

To learn new stuff. To find new information and opinions other than my own.

And so on it goes, alas for the stupid **** the brain-damaged primitive; the campfire grew to be very large, until it was "locked" by his deleting his original post.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Dori

Re: brain-damaged primitive raked over the coals
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 07:06:36 PM »
I love In-N-Out burgers.  Never noticed the religious stuff on wrappers before.  Good on them - Now I like them even better.... :-)
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 07:32:05 PM »
Quote from:
DainBramaged

37. Whatever, I for one will never patronize them

you and I BOTH know who they cater to. And it sucks that they can.

Wow!  It sucks that they cater to Christians; is that what you were saying?  Yes, it was.

Well, first of all they don't cater to Christains anymore than they do anyone else who eats there.  If they put a Bible verson on their cups, so what?  If they were to put a saying from Buddah or Confuscious, so what?  Grow up, son.

Someone who would say "It sucks that you cater to Christians" would also say "It sucks that you cater to blacks."  Same type of mindset believes both.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 08:17:27 PM »
Lunchtime at the flagship In-N-Out Burger restaurant in Baldwin Park, California, is a study in efficiency. As the order line swells, smiling workers swoop in to operate empty cash registers. Another staffer cleans tables, asking customers if they're enjoying their hamburger. Outside, a woman armed with a hand-held ordering machine speeds up the drive-through line.

Lynsi Torres (Bob Johnson/Bloomberg via Getty Images)
Such service has helped In-N-Out create a rabid fan base -- and make Lynsi Torres, the chain's 30-year-old owner and president, one of the youngest female billionaires on Earth. New store openings often resemble product releases from Apple Inc. (AAPL), with customers lined up hours in advance. City officials plead with the Irvine, California-based company to open restaurants in their municipalities.

"They have done a fantastic job of building and maintaining a kind of cult following," said Bob Goldin, executive vice president of Chicago-based food industry research firm Technomic Inc. "Someone would love to buy them."

That someone includes billionaire investor Warren Buffett, who told a group of visiting business students in 2005 that he'd like to own the chain, according to an account of the meeting on the UCLA Anderson School of Management website.

The thrice-married Torres has watched her family expand In- N-Out from a single drive-through hamburger stand founded in 1948 in Baldwin Park by her grandparents, Harry and Esther Snyder, into a fast-food empire worth more than $1 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 08:19:12 PM »
Other than the special orders, In-n-Out doesn't really taste that much different from Wendy's.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Undies

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 08:30:02 PM »
Other than the special orders, In-n-Out doesn't really taste that much different from Wendy's.

I like their burgers just fine but I wouldn't pass a Whataburger to get to one.

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 09:31:38 AM »
This whole sorry incident just illustrates perfectly what a nasty, vicious creep DainBramaged is.  What possible skin is it off his nose, if there's a tiny John 3:16 printed on a cup? 

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 11:00:21 AM »
Hmm, never had one, but now I wish I did.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 11:12:14 AM »

Oh you hush your mouth!!!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 11:15:49 AM »
I like their burgers just fine but I wouldn't pass a Whataburger to get to one.

Blake's Lotaburger.  Oh my.  Far better than Whataburger.

And until they get In-N-Out on the east coast, I'll have to "suffer" with Five Guys.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Undies

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 01:23:31 PM »
Blake's Lotaburger.  Oh my.  Far better than Whataburger.

And until they get In-N-Out on the east coast, I'll have to "suffer" with Five Guys.

I've never heard of Blake's Lotaburger.  I know Whataburger is mighty tasty.

There is a Five Guys near too.