Author Topic: Paging Red October......  (Read 22405 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Paging Red October......
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2008, 06:00:30 AM »

he hit the 2 run HR that turned out to be the game breaker tonight.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2008, 10:30:55 AM »
Yawn.

So what's new kids?   

Anything?    I mean besides the Angels being the flavor of the month in the media that is.   

Enjoy the ride Sparky cause it will be stopping soon.    You know that as sure are you are sitting there reading this.   

I am glad this thread is pinned also.   I know how this story ends......   

:tongue:

Flavor of the month?  Bwahahahaha!

Say it with me, sweetie...EIGHT OUT OF NINE.  That's not a fluke, that's not a quirk, that's your asses getting PUNKED.  OWNED.  USED.

So far we're 7-2 against your vaunted division this road trip, and that includes:

5 of 6 against the Sox and Yankees IN YOUR CRIBS

Sweeping you AGAIN, this time IN YOUR CRIB.  You won ONE game against the Angels this year.  ONE. 

You really want to face us in the ALCS or ALDS, assuming you even make the postseason?  Bring.  It.  On.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2008, 11:24:50 AM »
Yawn.

So what's new kids?   

Anything?    I mean besides the Angels being the flavor of the month in the media that is.   

Enjoy the ride Sparky cause it will be stopping soon.    You know that as sure are you are sitting there reading this.   

Say it with me, sweetie...EIGHT OUT OF NINE.  That's not a fluke, that's not a quirk, that's your asses getting PUNKED.  OWNED.  USED.

So far we're 7-2 against your vaunted division this road trip, and that includes:

Sweeping you AGAIN, this time IN YOUR CRIB.  You won ONE game against the Angels this year.  ONE. 

You really want to face us in the ALCS or ALDS, assuming you even make the postseason?  Bring.  It.  On.

Now, don't be getting too cocky, Sparky.  Regular season records don't mean a thing when the playoffs begin... just ask Patriot fans.

:thatsright:  Oh, shit!  Sorry sis  :tongue:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2008, 05:17:13 AM »
Yawn.

So what's new kids?   

On paper, sure.   However we were dealing with an infection in the club house which has properly disinfected.   

You honest to God are confident the Angels are going to dominate into the playoffs?  seriously?    Yankees took the series.   You can't even beat them anymore.  What happened Sparky? 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

See ya in the playoffs.   I will be the one with the championship apparel on.......

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2008, 05:20:30 AM »
Yawn.

So what's new kids?   

Now, don't be getting too cocky, Sparky.  Regular season records don't mean a thing when the playoffs begin... just ask Patriot fans.

:thatsright:  Oh, shit!  Sorry sis  :tongue:

Nah, that is a total Philly team motto Red. 

Regular seasons do count.  Angels were on a run that Sparky better know will not last outside of his own division.   Yankees owned them -- you would think Sparky would be concerned by that, but oddly no. 

It's going to be good folks.   :popcorn: 

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2008, 06:46:38 AM »
You know I love you to death, but you really need to retake Sesame Street.

We SPLIT with the Yanks.  In New York.  I'll take that.

Oh, and for the record:

LAA-NYY record for 2008: 2-2, with six left to play.

LAA-BOS record for 2008: 8-1, with none left to play.

BOS-NYY record for 2008: 6-6, with six left to play.

You really are gunning for that third-place finish, aintcha?

And here's a pleasant little thought for you:  BOSTON MASSACRE.  Sweet dreams.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2008, 07:00:10 AM »
Nah, that is a total Philly team motto Red. 

Regular seasons do count.  Angels were on a run that Sparky better know will not last outside of his own division.   Yankees owned them -- you would think Sparky would be concerned by that, but oddly no. 

It's going to be good folks.

No, a Philly team motto would be: "Oh my God, we're in this year?!?!"

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2008, 10:22:47 AM »
You know I love you to death, but you really need to retake Sesame Street.

We SPLIT with the Yanks.  In New York.  I'll take that.

Oh, and for the record:

LAA-NYY record for 2008: 2-2, with six left to play.

LAA-BOS record for 2008: 8-1, with none left to play.

BOS-NYY record for 2008: 6-6, with six left to play.

You really are gunning for that third-place finish, aintcha?

And here's a pleasant little thought for you:  BOSTON MASSACRE.  Sweet dreams.

Oh my good shoes it is going to be sooo sweet to watch the Angels lose in the playoffs.

Must see tv.

You know it is coming Sparky.   I know it is coming.   The Angels know too.

Manny is gone.   Boston is back on track.    Nooooooo worries my friend.

:-)

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2008, 10:31:57 AM »
Angels gave up 10 unearned runs yesterday? 

:rotf:

Killer defense there Sparky.   God help the AL if the Angels go to the dance -- the NL will destroy them on fielding alone.

:lmao:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2008, 06:17:32 AM »
Yoo-hoo?  Lurker?

Who's taking care of business?

Who ain't?

I rest my case.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2008, 11:37:05 AM »
Pssst...don't look now, but you're only 1/2 game up on Chicago/Minnesota for the Wild Card.

Have fun in October.  I know I sure will.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2008, 02:03:02 PM »
 :yawn:

We will look at the final standings in a few weeks, and you can tell your kin in the land of la-la to stop sending you requests for LL Bean's fine fall sweaters cause they won't be needing them. E

On another note, you are in for a really beautiful Fall in cow country Sparky.   The colors are going to be just outstanding in vibrancy and crispness due to the very wet summer we had.   

Enjoy it my friend case y'all know the  Angels won't be in the big dance, and Denver R-E-A-L-L-Y sucks..... foliage is all you have....   :-)

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2008, 08:42:45 PM »
Hmmmm...17 games up with 21 to play...and you're leading your division by how many games?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2008, 08:57:28 PM »
Hmmmm...17 games up with 21 to play...and you're leading your division by how many games?

What is your win record?   uh-huh.   How many games are you up on the Sox?  uh-huh. 

Few more weeks and we will compare the final tally.    :popcorn:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2008, 11:43:59 PM »

What is your win record?   uh-huh.   How many games are you up on the Sox?  uh-huh. 

Few more weeks and we will compare the final tally.    :popcorn:

Don't go hitting the jewelry store just yet, toots.  Your pitching staff is suspect at best, and you 1--don't have Manny, 2--don't have Papi at 100 percent.  Don't think that Bay and Pedroia are going to save your asses, cause they aren't.

Our win record is 1--better than yours.  Nuff said.

Oh, and who won 8 of 9 from the Sox this year?  Do ya really want to go there?

BTW--nice game tonight.  Giving up 15 runs to the Rangers?  Really?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2008, 07:12:20 AM »
Pedroia did just fine for us in the WS last year (that's WORLD SERIES -- I know you have to wipe away cobwebs to remember what that is).  Pedey is also in the running for MVP this year.   

Wake had a bad night.   It happens.   Manny leaving was good for the team.   I also care little how the regular season went with the Angels, cause y'all know what happens in the playoffs.    K-rod chokes.   Angels are done in short order.

Drop 2 to the White Sox.   Tampa is free falling.    The Yankees are done this year.     Hey, it's football season!!!!     

Life.is.good.   

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2008, 07:51:53 AM »
Wake has had more than "A bad night".  He's 8-10.  He hasn't gone more than six innings in nearly two months, and that was against the Angels when he got tagged with another loss.

Byrd is a friggin joke.  Beckett is one bad outing away from a full-blown meltdown, which means the only two starters you have that don't send chills up your spine every fifth day are Dice-K (only because he gets 7 runs of support per game) and Lester.

Your bullpen is for shit, the only reason Papelbon doesn't have MORE blown saves is because Okajima chokes the game away for you.

You score a bunch of runs, you say?  Whoop-de-****in-do.  Not a hard thing to do when you play on a Little League ballfield.  Maybe you wouldn't need to score 10 runs a game if you had someone who could pitch to save their asses.  So what if Pedroia is having a career year?  It ain't gonna last, toots.

So keep throwing out those bitch-slaps at me--you and I both know the first and last rule of running smack--the scoreboard never lies, and we both know who has the scoreboard right now.

Yeah, life is good, because the Pats will go 9-7 or 10-6, and the clubhouse cancer that is Randy Moss will be back as bad as ever when Brady goes down for 3-4 weeks with that bad foot of his, or maybe he just wants to impregnate a few more supermodels or something...but seriously, how can you consider him straight when he poses for pics like this?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2008, 08:28:06 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA. 

Hitting:

Red Sox  .284
Angels    .265

Pitching:

Angels  .393
Boston  .400

You want to try again?   

Dice-K's era is 2.88, so he really doesn't need the 7 run spot does he?   Becket was hurt, and pitched fine the other day.   I really have no complaints with Byrd.  Lester is solid.   Wake's era is indicitive of the few games he had like last night where is was just completely off (his 500th appearance for the Sox by the way).   He is a victim of lack of run support for the most part. 

Paps owns the postseason.   K-rod has yet to prove himself there.    You know how that story ends.

The Pats-- hahahahaha.     See you at the superbowl Sparky.   Good thing you live in NE so you can enjoy the parties.    Nothing but sucking air in Denver come February.   

:-)

Oh and Brady can do whatever the hell he wants.     MVP QB that you would give your left nut to sign in Denver and you know it.  :tongue:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2008, 08:29:50 AM »
You know I really miss Don and Coco.  I wish they would sign up here.    :(

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2008, 03:12:24 PM »

Sure sure.. he "rolled" into him.    Total BS.   :censored:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #120 on: September 07, 2008, 03:27:12 PM »

Why--so someone could be MORE wrong than you?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2008, 05:16:26 PM »

Why--so someone could be MORE wrong than you?

:bigbird:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2008, 07:26:39 AM »

It was an accident.  He didn't mean to blow out his knee.  "My bad."

The ESPN article in which they are rejoicing over Brady's injury really made me sick to my stomach (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-3-49/Domino-effect--How-Brady-s-knee-impacts-AFC.html).   Talk about taking pathetic Patriot hatred (jealousy) to the absolute max.

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2008, 10:01:01 AM »

The ESPN article in which they are rejoicing over Brady's injury really made me sick to my stomach (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-3-49/Domino-effect--How-Brady-s-knee-impacts-AFC.html).   Talk about taking pathetic Patriot hatred (jealousy) to the absolute max.

I cried for you when I heard about this. My condolensces.   :(
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2008, 05:16:38 PM »

I cried for you when I heard about this. My condolensces.   :(

:bawl: