Author Topic: Crimson Tide  (Read 5157 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Crimson Tide
« on: October 29, 2012, 08:21:44 AM »
I'm calling it now; barring anything unforeseen like they all get malaria and die, Alabama will be National Champions again this year.

Remaining schedule:

@LSU
TAMU
Western Carolina
Auburn

SEC Championship Game - Georgia controls their own destiny, and if they lose then Florida steps in.  Doesn't matter, Bama will roll both of them.

Too early to predict who will meet them in the BCS Championship Game, but given the current possibilities I don't see Oregon, Kansas State, or ND being able to stay with them.  Bama's defense will crush these teams and the offense is good enough to control the game.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline cclanofirish

• Just Off Probation
Re: Crimson Tide
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 08:43:35 AM »
I'm calling it now; barring anything unforeseen like they all get malaria and die, Alabama will be National Champions again this year.

Remaining schedule:

@LSU
TAMU
Western Carolina
Auburn

SEC Championship Game - Georgia controls their own destiny, and if they lose then Florida steps in.  Doesn't matter, Bama will roll both of them.

Too early to predict who will meet them in the BCS Championship Game, but given the current possibilities I don't see Oregon, Kansas State, or ND being able to stay with them.  Bama's defense will crush these teams and the offense is good enough to control the game.

I would love to see a Notre Dame vs. Alabama game. If Golson keeps growing throughout these games, he could cause nightmares for Alabama, and I would put our defense against any team in the country.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 10:12:47 AM »
and I would put our defense against any team in the country.

Even the turbo, ND-supporting Lou Holtz won't make that claim.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 08:29:14 PM »
LSU will be sky high for Bama. The Tigers had a bye week to prepare, they are playing at LSU, and they are looking for revenge from last year's loss. I am hopeful and if they play Rivers at QB, they might win. 

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 08:34:21 PM »
I would love to see a Notre Dame vs. Alabama game. If Golson keeps growing throughout these games, he could cause nightmares for Alabama, and I would put our defense against any team in the country.

Put down the bong and step back slowly...

Offline cclanofirish

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 09:14:59 AM »
Put down the bong and step back slowly...

No way, it's been too long to wait for a Notre Dame team to be this good. After the whooping we gave Oklahoma, this team has proven it can play with anyone in the country...Maybe not win with our inconsistent offense, but at least be competitive.  :-)

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 11:00:48 AM »
No way, it's been too long to wait for a Notre Dame team to be this good. After the whooping we gave Oklahoma, this team has proven it can play with anyone in the country...Maybe not win with our inconsistent offense, but at least be competitive.  :-)

TAMU was competitive last year in the Big 12, were they not? How are they doing this year in the SEC? Same questions about Missouri?

Just cuz your team has one quality win, doesn't mean they can hang with a team who gets a quality win EVERY WEEK.

Seriously, if Alabama played the Chiefs or the Panthers right now, I'd probably pick Bama.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 11:38:24 AM »
I agree, I think Bama will win the NC this year.

They are incredible, and as long as they all stay healthy, I don't think anyone can beat them.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 02:25:05 PM »

Oklahoma is not Alabama. The Big 12 doesn't play defense.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 10:54:27 PM »
Wow, LSU played a better game than Bama, they just forgot to score more points.  Hats off to them, they gave Bama all they could handle.  However...

Alabama - 21
LSU -       17

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 06:20:06 PM »
WOW!!  Johnny Football and the Aggies played a great game.  Bama goes down.

Offline cclanofirish

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 08:32:04 PM »
Oklahoma is not Alabama. The Big 12 doesn't play defense.

Apparently neither does Alabama :)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 03:26:14 PM »
so  much for my prediction....   :thatsright:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 03:30:53 PM »
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 03:35:23 PM »
Made my football season worth it.

<---- Vols Fan.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 03:31:32 AM »
Made my football season worth it.

<---- Vols Fan.

Are you going to the UT/Vanderbilt game on Saturday?

It's all over the news here(Knoxille), wondering when Dooley is going to be fired. Tonight's said that as of today (um, Monday) Dooley has been told that no decision has been made. Seems most around here expected him to be fired today.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 12:22:09 PM »
Tennessee and Arkansas will both have new coaches.  Auburn might also be in the mix.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 01:01:10 PM »
Tennessee and Arkansas will both have new coaches.  Auburn might also be in the mix.

And Kentucky. The Barners should. Chizik sucks. Malzahn and "Paycheck" Newton are gone.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2012, 10:35:50 PM »
And somehow Alabama is now back in the NC hunt, the SEC can stop being mad at A&M now
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 11:44:40 PM »
And somehow Alabama is now back in the NC hunt, the SEC can stop being mad at A&M now

Never mad at A&M, man. That's how it always is in the SEC. How about if UGA wins in the SEC CG and against GT, Go Gata wins at FSU, and ND loses to USC. You'll see UGA vs Go Gata in the BCS NC. Projections are, in numerical order: ND, UA, UGA, UF, KSU.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 04:57:08 PM »

Nobody is mad at A&M, it takes a good SEC team to beat a top tier SEC team.  For that matter, it takes an SEC team to really beat a good SEC team.  I can't say for sure what anyone else is thinking, but I wasn't convinced TAMU was going to be a cakewalk for Alabama.  For that matter, after watching TAMU really come on in the last several games, I was pretty sure they were going to be in a better position to beat Alabama.

As far as somehow they're back in the hunt, well, there's no "somehow" to it.  #1 and #2 choked last night and they fell in the poll.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline BigTex

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2012, 07:12:01 PM »
Nobody is mad at A&M, it takes a good SEC team to beat a top tier SEC team.  For that matter, it takes an SEC team to really beat a good SEC team.  I can't say for sure what anyone else is thinking, but I wasn't convinced TAMU was going to be a cakewalk for Alabama.  For that matter, after watching TAMU really come on in the last several games, I was pretty sure they were going to be in a better position to beat Alabama.

That wasnt directed at anyone on this forum but there were plenty of SEC fans in general mad at A&M after the upset because it possibly ruined the SEC's chance at getting another NC.

As far as somehow they're back in the hunt, well, there's no "somehow" to it.  #1 and #2 choked last night and they fell in the poll.

and both were very unlikely upsets, Oregon was a 21 point favorite at home, and K State was a 12 point favorite and lost by 28 points. thats a pretty big "somehow"
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 11:33:12 AM »

Dooley is gone and UT is paying millions more to "gone" coaches.  :censored:

Still paying Fulmer and his people, paying Bruce Pearl and his people, paying the baseball coach and his people and now another $5million goes to Dooley plus more to his people.

I'm gonna go coach at UT.  :whistling:

Offline dixierose

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 11:36:49 AM »

Dooley is gone and UT is paying millions more to "gone" coaches.  :censored:

Still paying Fulmer and his people, paying Bruce Pearl and his people, paying the baseball coach and his people and now another $5million goes to Dooley plus more to his people.

I'm gonna go coach at UT.  :whistling:

I told my BF that Dooley was gone while watching them get slaughtered by Vanderbilt. I just didn't realize that he wouldn't make it to the end of the season...
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 11:41:35 AM »
I told my BF that Dooley was gone while watching them get slaughtered by Vanderbilt. I just didn't realize that he wouldn't make it to the end of the season...

Everyone around here has been thinking it would happen sooner.

I don't see why they couldn't have waited one more week at this point. What difference is 7 days going to make?

Rumor has it that Guden has been seen around town looking at property. Don't know how true it is.

Dooley has a 17.5 acre property that he paid $2.2 million for 2 years ago. It was on the market for well over a year before he bought it. Maybe he'll stay here and practice law. I don't think coaching football is quite his forte.