Author Topic: Newspaper in Oregon endorses.....  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
Newspaper in Oregon endorses.....
« on: October 28, 2012, 10:39:38 PM »
....Romney?

Even in the moonbat haven that can be Oregon, I found a paper that actually is endorsing Romney/Ryan.

Four years ago, we broke a long News-Register tradition by endorsing Democrat Barack Obama for president. Our choice reflected discontent with the GOP’s McCain-Palin ticket, but more importantly, it expressed a belief that Obama could provide badly needed impetus “to break the deadlock and malice that has marred our political landscape for too long.”

We were wrong. This year, we endorse Republican Mitt Romney for president.

Not only has partisanship continued to strangle American politics, but we’ve seen the addition of $5.2 trillion to our national debt. In those four years, we have borrowed nearly $17,000 for every man, woman and child in America. That’s almost one-third of the total national debt, which now exceeds $16 trillion.

President Obama inherited two wars and an economic recession, making it impossible for his administration to avoid significant deficit spending. What has been missing, however, is credible evidence that he and his party understand the enormity of the threat that today’s excesses pose to future generations.

Link
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Newspaper in Oregon endorses.....
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 10:17:11 AM »
I'm kind of tired of the whole 'Inherited two wars' BS, because the Iraq one had come to a conclusion by the time Obamussolini took office aside from the formalities of a treaty and SOFA document to keep a training base and reaction force there (Which he completely hosed up, btw), and the other one he was all in favor of all the way along until he needed a scapegoat for his own massive deficits.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Newspaper in Oregon endorses.....
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 01:41:40 PM »
I had to check the link to make sure that it wasn't the Onion.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.