Author Topic: Barack Obama beats John McCain in European vote: US election 2008  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Barack Obama beats John McCain in European vote: US election 2008

Senator Barack Obama emerged as Europe's favourite candidate for America’s presidency today when a poll conducted for Telegraph.co.uk gave him 52 per cent support across five of the world’s richest nations, including Britain.

John McCain, the presumed Republican nominee, received only 15 per cent of the vote in unprecedented survey covering Britain, France, Germany, Italy and Russia.

The poll also found a striking level of anti-American feeling in every country. A clear majority of Russians - 56 per cent - believe the US is a “force for evil” in the world. In Britain, only 33 per cent see America as a “force for good”.

Opinion towards America has become steadily more hostile throughout the presidency of George W Bush, with the Iraq war probably being the single most important factor.

Mr Bush’s unpopularity appears to have rubbed off on Republican presidential candidates in general. This might explain why Mr McCain, a strong supporter of the Iraq war, is the least popular potential president in all the countries surveyed.

Meanwhile, Mr Obama, the only consistent opponent of the Iraq war in the race for the presidency, commands a clear lead. He is especially popular in Italy, where a remarkable 70 per cent would vote for him if they could.

In France, historically the European country with the strongest anti-American sentiment, 65 per cent would back Mr Obama. In Germany, the Democratic Senator would get 67 per cent of the vote - while Mr McCain would receive a derisory six per cent.

1.  Last time I checked, Europeans don't get a say in our elections.
2.  The fact that the French support the obamalama-ding-dong tells us a great deal.  Kinda like having the support of Hamas for obamalama-ding-dong.

LINKY_DINK
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

Re: Barack Obama beats John McCain in European vote: US election 2008
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 11:49:44 AM »
The figures were similiar for Kerry in the last presidential cycle, and we know how that turned out for them......

Leftist scum are what they are, why should anyone really care.....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 11:50:14 AM »
Well, why is this news?

Since when do Europeans vote in American elections?

Who gives an excresence about what the Europeans think about American candidates for the presidency?

Really presumptuous people, these Europeans who "vote" for an American president.

Just damned rude.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 11:52:32 AM »

screw the damn polls.  the huge majority of european elections over the past few years have brought pro-american governments to power;  great britain, france (for heaven's sake), germany . . . Berlusconi is returning as PM in italy.

this isn't a coincidence.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 11:54:18 AM »
When do we get our ballots or phone calls or mailings or whatever for their elections.  Oh, that's right, we're the only ones the rest of the world gives a shit about.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 11:54:39 AM »
Wasn't there a (bowel) movement to allow European votes for John Kerry to count in our elections?  Some group thought Europe should have 50 electoral votes.  

Actually, this article is great news.  It doesn't bode well for the democrats in the only country that really matters.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 11:55:31 AM »

screw the damn polls.  the huge majority of european elections over the past few years have brought pro-american governments to power;  great britain, france (for heaven's sake), germany . . . Berlusconi is returning as PM in italy.

this isn't a coincidence.
True, but this should start some DUmmie obama-gasms over at the DUmp...cause they just know everything in Europe is better than in the US.   :whatever:

Offline paladin0

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 04:15:29 PM »
Well, why is this news?

Since when do Europeans vote in American elections?

Who gives an excresence about what the Europeans think about American candidates for the presidency?

Really presumptuous people, these Europeans who "vote" for an American president.

Just damned rude.

Well if the democrats get their way with the USSC, not only will our laws start becoming based on European laws, but I'm sure they start letting them vote in our elections too.

Paladin0
"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm."
—James Madison, Federalist No. 10

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 04:19:39 PM »
I am anxiously awaiting my voting card. :whatever:  Of course the British left has been quite helpful in recent years, remember  the campaign by the Guardian newspaper to pesuade the voters of Clark County Ohio to vote for Kerry.  It raised the vote for President Bush quite handsomely.  :rotf:

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 08:22:47 PM »
It is pathetic how much the international media and the NGO's flat out lie about the United States in general. 

I've watched CNN International.  If that was all I knew about Americans, I wouldn't think well of them either.  I watched SKY network one time commenting on how America was responsible for Israel killing Palestinians, because we sold them the tools to defend themselves.  The networks have literally railed against us since the day Bush was elected, only pausing when 9/11 happened, because then they would have been exposed.

There have been NGO's funded by our own government no less, that smeared us in pamphlets passed around in Latin America.  There were quite a few about how we were going to destroy their rain forests and us evil capitalists were then going to strip mine their country for minerals.  This all happened about the time that Latin America took itself leftword tilt.

It is not odd that so many foreign nations have a negative notion of us.  The telling factor is that so many still view us positively in spite of the constant bombardment.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 11:55:49 AM »
THE europeans should spend time fixing their own mess.....like trying to prevent the start of an Europistan.