Author Topic: Barack Obama and Joe Biden's Body Language  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Barack Obama and Joe Biden's Body Language
« on: October 15, 2012, 11:05:14 PM »
Biden’s Body Language, Facial Mugging, Inappropriate Smiling, Pointing, and Interrupting During VP Debate
http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/2012/10/12/5482/

While Biden was well spoken he was not very gentlemanly in terms of his debating behavior with constant interruptions, inappropriate smiles while his opponent was speaking, laughing,  looking down  and facial mugging. It was distracting and disconcerting and  did not put him in the best light. In fact it made him appear, smug, arrogant, and condescending. What added to the impression of  appearing condescending was when he kept referring to his opponent as “my friend.”

Romney’s Body Language, Voice, and Speech Pattern Outshine Obama In First Debate
http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/2012/10/04/5436/

As they began the debate  Obama did not look directly into the camera as Romeny did. When someone looks directly at their audience there is  a greater connection.

When both candidates made there final statements Obama only looked directly into the camera for a few seconds while Romney looked directly into the camera  on a continuous basis and spoke directly to his audience.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Boudicca

Re: Barack Obama and Joe Biden's Body Language
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 11:18:49 PM »
I totally agree with that assessment of Joey's body language, except the author forgot to add "creepy".  I couldn't even concentrate on the debate as his total affect was so abnormal, for a person let alone a politician who's appearing at essentially a job interview.  I mean, how many of us would keep our job, or our friends/spouse, if we treated them to the same behavior as Joe treated us that evening?
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 04:21:52 AM »
I totally agree with that assessment of Joey's body language, except the author forgot to add "creepy".  I couldn't even concentrate on the debate as his total affect was so abnormal, for a person let alone a politician who's appearing at essentially a job interview.  I mean, how many of us would keep our job, or our friends/spouse, if we treated them to the same behavior as Joe treated us that evening?

I'm not sure what he did to his teeth...but when he smiled, it looked like he had either just gotten them over whitened or new ones or something....they were huge and glow-y.

Reminded me of a creepy clown smile.

I hate clowns.  :(
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 10:22:59 AM »
The gals at the DUmp think his smile is dreamy.  They think it's his ace in the hole.  As usual, the DUmmies are wrong. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 11:16:25 AM »

It (Joe's body language) was "creepy" because the whole damned thing was a stage performance. Joe did his best to be "engaging" and "spirited" but instead came off creepy because of the inherent phoniness.

Most politicians grip and grin and look right through you when you're talking with them. Why? Because they're thinking of the next whistle stop in their travels that day.

Slow Joe is so slow that he forgot Cardinal Rule #1 for politicians -- don't piss off your audience.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 01:19:44 PM »
That "Oh God" of his, along with the eye roll, enrages me. 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 03:18:47 PM »
That "Oh God" of his, along with the eye roll, enrages me. 

I was surprised there was little commenting on the "oh God" comments. 

I could see 1 or 2 slipping out accidentally and under breath...but beyond that was just disrespectful and so unappropriate for the VP of the United States to keep uttering in a public forum.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 01:32:13 PM »
I knew Biden reminded me of someone, so I managed to figure it out thanks to google!  And from now on, he's Smiling Joe to me. :-)

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Smiling+Bob+Enzyte+Photo&qpvt=Smiling+Bob+Enzyte+Photo&FORM=IGRE
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)