Author Topic: Catholic Bishops to Biden: "This is NOT A FACT"  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Catholic Bishops to Biden: "This is NOT A FACT"
« on: October 12, 2012, 01:04:57 PM »
I'm proud of the USCCB today:

Biden said: “With regard to the assault on the Catholic Church, let me make it absolutely clear. No religious institution—Catholic or otherwise, including Catholic social services, Georgetown hospital, Mercy hospital, any hospital—none has to either refer contraception, none has to pay for contraception, none has to be a vehicle to get contraception in any insurance policy they provide. That is a fact. That is a fact.”

Ryan snuck in: "Why would they keep — why would they keep suing you? It’s a distinction without a difference.” While being interrupted at least twice.

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops respond:

“This is not a fact. The HHS mandate contains a narrow, four-part exemption for certain ‘religious employers.’ That exemption was made final in February and does not extend to ‘Catholic social services, Georgetown hospital, Mercy hospital, any hospital,’ or any other religious charity that offers its services to all, regardless of the faith of those served.

“HHS has proposed an additional ‘accommodation’ for religious organizations like these, which HHS itself describes as ‘non-exempt.’ That proposal does not even potentially relieve these organizations from the obligation ‘to pay for contraception’ and ‘to be a vehicle to get contraception.’ They will have to serve as a vehicle, because they will still be forced to provide their employees with health coverage, and that coverage will still have to include sterilization, contraception, and abortifacients. They will have to pay for these things, because the premiums that the organizations (and their employees) are required to pay will still be applied, along with other funds, to cover the cost of these drugs and surgeries.

“USCCB continues to urge HHS, in the strongest possible terms, actually to eliminate the various infringements on religious freedom imposed by the mandate.”

Link

:yahoo:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Kyle Ricky

Re: Catholic Bishops to Biden: "This is NOT A FACT"
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 04:11:52 PM »
There are a lot of lies the Joe said last night. He is getting called out on all of them.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
Re: Catholic Bishops to Biden: "This is NOT A FACT"
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 04:33:47 PM »
I gotta get a hold of one of those DemocRat bibles and DemocRat Catholic catechisms and see just what the heck is in there.

Judging by the solemn and authoritative pronouncements of "Catholic" dogma by Slow Joe and San Fran Nan, it's probably gonna be hard to distinguish them from Mao's Little Red Book, an Aztec guide to ritual human sacrifice, or a Wiccan book of spells.

Sure as heck can't bear any resemblance to the Catholic Bible and Catechism I was raised with!
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980