Author Topic: Romney, Obama, Catholics and the Abortion Pill Requirement  (Read 1045 times)

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Romney, Obama, Catholics and the Abortion Pill Requirement
« on: October 07, 2012, 08:50:12 PM »
While at a family gathering this past weekend, the subject of Obama came up and nearly all were against the liar in chief.

No one spoke in favor of him but I can't say for sure EVERYONE was of the same mind.

Everyone is Catholic although a number are democrats, so I asked a question of the most devout Catholic (and I suspect democrat), "do you think a large segment of Catholics will not vote for the "one" because of the One's 'forced requirement to supply the abortion pill'".

She said; "well Romney is not clear on his position of that issue", she also suggested politics be left for another day
and not at this party.

This got me to thinking, will Catholics simply not vote for president ? or will they judge the abortion issue as a tie between the candidates and vote for Obama because of some other issue.

Many Republicans tell me as a party Republicans should not "get involved with social issues". That in my opinion is a
big mistake because democrats are making social issues a major part of their campaign.

Will Romney be leaving votes on the table if he ignores a major issue that could possibly attract Catholic democrats that
Obama has alienated ? I know "some" Catholics will put politics ahead of their religion, but there are many Catholics
that are really "ticked" about this abortion thing.

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Romney, Obama, Catholics and the Abortion Pill Requirement
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 05:06:51 AM »
While at a family gathering this past weekend, the subject of Obama came up and nearly all were against the liar in chief.

No one spoke in favor of him but I can't say for sure EVERYONE was of the same mind.

Everyone is Catholic although a number are democrats, so I asked a question of the most devout Catholic (and I suspect democrat), "do you think a large segment of Catholics will not vote for the "one" because of the One's 'forced requirement to supply the abortion pill'".

She said; "well Romney is not clear on his position of that issue", she also suggested politics be left for another day
and not at this party.

This got me to thinking, will Catholics simply not vote for president ? or will they judge the abortion issue as a tie between the candidates and vote for Obama because of some other issue.

Many Republicans tell me as a party Republicans should not "get involved with social issues". That in my opinion is a
big mistake because democrats are making social issues a major part of their campaign.

Will Romney be leaving votes on the table if he ignores a major issue that could possibly attract Catholic democrats that
Obama has alienated ? I know "some" Catholics will put politics ahead of their religion, but there are many Catholics
that are really "ticked" about this abortion thing.

As a Catholic, it seems to me that the abortion mandate may have shoved some who voted for him on '08 into not voting for him this time.  Maybe not as many as we'd like, but it's going to be some.  Enough to turn any states?  Tough to say.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: Romney, Obama, Catholics and the Abortion Pill Requirement
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:24:58 AM »
JP, I'm a Catholic myself. There are two types.  Those who say "I'm a Catholic, but…" will mostly vote for 0bama, but probably in depressed numbers. The ones who go to Mass every week? I'm seeing more of a trend toward Romney--at least I'm hearing more pro-R chatter than I've heard for a long time.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies