Author Topic: the Taverner primitive offers dear cali pharmaceutical advice  (Read 842 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
the Taverner primitive offers dear cali pharmaceutical advice
« on: October 04, 2012, 01:19:57 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1147604

Oh my.

Now, this was posted here in the DUmpster before, last July sometime.

cali (74,902 posts)   Thu Jul 5, 2012, 01:57 PM

I'm just having such a hard time with the pain.

Nothing is working. Not the percocet or the morphine. I feel like it's making me crazy. I do a lot of deep breathing and visualization, but it's so pervasive. I'm completely shut in. I can't even go downstairs. I have to keep my leg elevated all the time. Oddly, I'm glad I live alone. I'm all set up upstairs with a mini fridge/freezer and microwave and toaster oven, but I don't feel like eating much of anything. I'm waiting to get into the pain clinic at either Fletcher Allen in Burlington VT or Dartmouth Hitchcock in Hanover NH, but that won't happen (even with the priority referral for another 10 days to two weeks.

I feel like I'm hanging on by my fingertips.

After which various primitives on Skins's island, along with decent and civilized people here in the DUmpster, offered dear cali much advice.

This is new, however:

Taverner (50,057 posts)   Wed Oct 3, 2012, 09:05 PM

12. Can you get a different med?

Fentanyl, Dilaudid or some other PK?

Sometimes you have to mix up the meds...
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: the Taverner primitive offers dear cali pharmaceutical advice
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 01:37:33 PM »
Quote from:
cali

I'm just having such a hard time with the pain.

Nothing is working. Not the percocet...

Here's a idea.  If you look at the bottle of percocet, it probably says something like "Take one every 6 hours as needed for pain."  Get a black marker and write over it "Take 10 anytime you want to."  That should solve it.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 02:09:08 PM »
This is great news.

Sounds like the earwigs came home to roost.

Hopefully DUmmy cali's pain will continue to increase.

She can stop the pain at any time with a full bottle of pain pills.

When she does, I  hope there's a DUmpmonkey around there who can report on the event.

Don't hang in there, DUmmy cali!

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 03:46:46 PM »
WOW! I have used percoset twice and it stopped the pain of post surgery right away. The day I quit taking it and went to Vicodin (which makes me feel bad) the pain meter went to 11. My only guess would be that a lifetime of drug use may have forced her body to develop some heavy duty tolerance.

If 0bama gets reelected all poor old cali will get is the pain pill and not the surgery to stop the pain. Or a bureaucrat may decide that the Duche gets nothing.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Doc Savage

• Challenger of the Democratic faith
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 03:57:53 PM »
Taverner (50,057 posts)   Wed Oct 3, 2012, 09:05 PM

12. Can you get a different med?

Fentanyl, Dilaudid or some other PK?

Sometimes you have to mix up the meds...

Clown knows his CII analgesics thats for sure.  Suprised he did not suggest that she get these sub Q in a PCA pump.  I do not have a clue as to what is causing the pain, (nor does Taverner I suspect).  This is not TV where some clown does a blind diagnosis.  I know, call Hank Med.
You see, I don't care you how feel.  I really don't.  More importantly, neither does anyone else.  Only about 200 people on a planet of 7 billion actually care about your feelings, and that's if you're lucky.  The sooner you grasp this lesson, the better off you will be.  And since almost no one gives a damn what you do, say, think, or feel, appealing to your feelings when you encounter differences of opinion is not only illogical, but useless.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 04:00:58 PM »
Clown knows his CII analgesics thats for sure.  Suprised he did not suggest that she get these sub Q in a PCA pump.  I do not have a clue as to what is causing the pain, (nor does Taverner I suspect).  This is not TV where some clown does a blind diagnosis.  I know, call Hank Med.

I only understood half of what you just said, but I worked in a Dr's office for a short time in college. Know what he used to call people like Taverner? Drug seekers.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 04:15:58 PM »
I only understood half of what you just said, but I worked in a Dr's office for a short time in college. Know what he used to call people like Taverner? Drug seekers.

Drug seekers, doctor shopping, and other names.

I enjoy helping some of them find hand cuffs and being walked out to the squad car so they can get some real help

Medicaid patients are always getting busted selling pills, and the idiots try to do it right under our noses....it usually does not work out too well...unless they are looking for a warm place to sleep at night

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 04:45:00 PM »
Clown knows his CII analgesics thats for sure.  Suprised he did not suggest that she get these sub Q in a PCA pump.  I do not have a clue as to what is causing the pain, (nor does Taverner I suspect).  This is not TV where some clown does a blind diagnosis.  I know, call Hank Med.

Busted leg.

Dear cali lives alone out in the wilds of exteme northern Vermont, and in July 2011 busted her leg.

She couldn't get to the telephone upstairs to summon help, and had to crawl two or three miles through the forests to get it.

"bitter old Vermontese cali primitive being driven nuts"

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,67650.0

"dear cali still in pain; on opiates"

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,77260.0

I'm sure there's more--we've got an awesome collection of primitivia in the archives--but these two should do, in explaining what happened to dear cali.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 05:31:05 PM »
I'm sure DUmmy earwig cali has had private messages from the intravenous drug addict DUmmy Taverner asking that she ship him her excess failed drugs.

But she's in too much pain to  package them up and ship them out. At least I hope she is.