Author Topic: RNC protestor arrested with machete strapped to his leg  (Read 739 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
RNC protestor arrested with machete strapped to his leg
« on: August 26, 2012, 05:55:49 PM »
RNC protestor arrested with machete strapped to his leg

A Republican National Convention protestor was arrested while he allegedly carried a machete strapped to his leg, according to deputies.

According to Hillsborough County Sheriff's officials, Jason T. Wilson, of Tallahassee, was arrested as he walked in the RNC Event Zone carrying a "full size" machete.

When deputies approached Wilson, they said he continued to walk away despite orders to stop.

"When deputies caught up to Wilson, he advised he did not have to stop and that he was allowed to carry whatever he wanted," HCSO spokesperson Larry McKinnon said.
Bay News 9

Let the games begin.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: RNC protestor arrested with machete strapped to his leg
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 06:33:48 PM »
When deputies approached Wilson, they said he continued to walk away despite orders to stop.

Now that's an easy way to get shot.
I'm no great fan of the cops (I think they are going all out military, and I don't like it!), but if you are ordered to stop...you stop! You can argue the merits of the case with a judge. An arresting officer is the last guy you want to argue with.

I wonder if the Occupiers ever saw that Chris Rock video: How not to get your ass beat by the police.