Author Topic: Gee... TiT makes an ass of himself again. Who'd have thunk it!  (Read 886 times)

Offline jinxmchue

This thread about Steven Curtis Chapman's daughter's death is about 80% "best of" (probably was 60% before a sub-thread was yanked):

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3319819

Perpetual assh*le TomInTib proves what a piece of sh*t he is... again...

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Thu May-22-08 01:31 AM
Response to Original message
7. Don't want to sit and talk about Jesus...

Just want to see His face

You'ld think The Shepherd would do a better job with His flock.

Maybe not.

Maybe got better things to do.

The deleted sub-thread:

Name removed  (0 posts)
Thu May-22-08 05:27 AM
Response to Reply #10
16. Deleted sub-thread

With a hint as to its content:

lakercub  Donating Member  (303 posts)
Thu May-22-08 01:50 PM
Response to Reply #32
33. You have two posts on this thread

one where you say payback is a bitch...although I don't know what this could possibly be payback for. That's just an out and out insane take on this situation.
The second post criticizes the headline, which is a waste of a post and contributes nothing.

Do you have anything to add that doesn't paint us in either a despicable or pedantic light?

The second post lakercub refers to doesn't appear anywhere, so it obviously was a part of and probably was the initial post of the sub-thread.

There are other garbage sub-threads about Christians being hateful and bigoted.

Offline jtyangel

Re: Gee... TiT makes an ass of himself again. Who'd have thunk it!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 09:52:24 PM »
Ahh, TiT...Jesus doesn't micro manage. I can never decide withs ome liberals if they wish He did or if they would like to maintain their free will. *shrug* Who cares what a liar like that thinks anyway.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 10:35:59 PM »
Thor_MN (1000+ posts)      Fri May-23-08 08:48 AM
Response to Reply #44
55. I think much of the toxicity is reserved for Xtians, not Christians
 The difference being Xtains are those who selectively (mis)quote the bible and especially the Old Testament to promote their particular hates. The people who hide their bigotry, racism, sexism and hate behind a shield of religion while doing the very things that Jesus spoke against. Unfortunately, there's a lot of collateral damage in that war.

Sad stories, both the OP and those that have trouble distinguishing Xtians and Christians.

DUmmy: "A Christian is someone who believes in the Bible...except for that whole tedious God, Jesus, salvation, and admonishment against sin thing. You know, real Christians." :whatever:

kestrel91316  (1000+ posts)       Fri May-23-08 02:31 PM
Response to Reply #10
58. There is a gigantic difference between being anti-Christian and
 being anti-christofascist.
I would hope you could tell the difference.

See above.

Also, "christofascism" is meaningless absent a theocratic government to enforce what its tenets might be, so EPIC FAIL on your part. Islam, on the other hand...

trotsky  (1000+ posts)       Thu May-22-08 04:07 PM
Response to Reply #31
39. It's a nice little pre-emptive strike at us mean awful atheists. Referring to the "Be nice now" request at the end of the OP.
 Could have just let it go and see if anyone was going to make a nasty remark, but no. Gotta get that little dig in. I didn't see any rudeness in my cursory review yet. My heart goes out to that family, I don't know if I personally could get past such a tragedy.

Mention anything Christian at DU and you can be sure somewhere in the thread will be a vile, puerile shot at Christianity. Given the venue, I don't think a little pre-emption is uncalled for.

onager  (1000+ posts)     Fri May-23-08 02:39 AM
Response to Reply #31
52. No, but since when did that matter?
 One thing lib'rul Xians seem to share with their Fundamentalist brethren: a complete inability to tell the difference between "disagreement" and "bigotry," or the difference between "discussion" and "persecution."

DU Xian, in any given thread: "Isn't my lib'rul God really cool?"
DU Atheist: "Excuse me, but I must respectfully point out that many of us on this board don't believe in any gods."
DU Xian: "W-A-A-H! You're a Fundamentalist Atheist and anti-Xian bigot!"

For those of you who are new here, you might want to look thru the archives.

You'll find fun stuff, like the time the ostensibly liberal Raw Story ran a front-page article calling for the Democratic Party to purge all its atheists.

""Excuse me, but I must respectfully point out that many of us on this board don't believe in any gods."

LMAO How often do you see a statement that subdued from the DU atheists concerning Christianity? Get real. BTW, I don't think third-grade jokes about a "Flying Spaghetti Monster" and insinuations that people who believe in a "man in the sky" are clinically insane qualify as "discussion". 

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 12:33:51 AM »
Good post.

I'm currently thinking of the poll on DU a while back that showed a huge percentage of atheists and agnostics on DU.  Much, much larger than the national average.

And from what I've seen, the atheists on DU tend to be more anti-theist than atheist.  An atheist says, "I don't believe in God" (or whatever variation is in vogue).  An anti-theist says, "Your god doesn't exist."  Then they swear and hurl insults a lot.