Author Topic: forward-looking primitive questions the Obamaite primitives  (Read 870 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6087133

Oh my.

Onlooker  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri May-23-08 09:53 AM
Original message

What are Obama supporters trying to do by attacking Clinton?

I just don't get it. Whether Clinton cooperates or not, Obama is going to need every vote he can get. Certainly Kerry and Gore proved that.

So, why are many Obama supporters attacking Clinton with such venom? What do they hope to accomplish?

You surely don't expect her to look at your criticisms as objective, do you? Do you think Clinton takes her detractors seriously? She, like any politician, writes them off. She won't win their votes and never had much of a chance with them anyhow, so she goes after the votes she can win.

Meanwhile, the more she is attacked, the more she can raise unfairness and sexism, and the more legitimate those points seem in the eyes of her supporters. I think the surest way to cost Obama votes in the GE is to continue to attack Clinton.

She needs to be humored or ignored, which is what Obama seems to be doing. I think it's best to follow his lead, unless you seriously think she has a chance of wresting the nomination out from under him.

The bonfire's full of Hate-filled venom, coming from the predictable side.

nomad1776  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri May-23-08 09:58 AM
Response to Original message

3. She has been behaving like george bush and she is being attacked like he is no stategy involved, no tactics. It's all about a horrible woman that has attack the core of the Democratic party and many of the people at DU, and they are responding to her attacks and her bad actions.

PeterU  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri May-23-08 09:58 AM

4. Electronic mob mentality.

A symptom of anonymous posting and groupthink combined.

The peeyou primitive has that right.

stillrockin  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri May-23-08 09:59 AM

5. She is poisonous, dishonest and untrustworthy.

Humoring her or ignoring her is not the answer. Obama needs to make clear to those who still support her that she is in this for her own personal agenda.

DemVet  (1000+ posts) Fri May-23-08 09:59 AM

6. Obviously, they want to alienate half of the Democratic Party.

Not everyone is a cheerleader and drinking the Kool-Aid like them, however.

Marrah_G  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri May-23-08 10:03 AM

8. I think it comes from just being so blinded by the primary that they can't see straight anymore

It's been a long fight and over time people's emotions have snowballed out of control.

I do know I would never attack Obama in the manner I see Hillary attacked here.

I REFUSE to allow this primary to turn me into a freeperlike asshole.

We have two okay candidate. I think out of the two Hillary would be the best president. That doesn't mean I have to hate Obama.

People are confused about what it means to support a candidate.

indimuse  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri May-23-08 10:05 AM

10. They need us. Too late! Too much damage. No Votes. NoBama. EVER!

The Obamas and Obamatrons have made irrepairal fatal error during this primary,They insulted, disrespected, threatened, and disregarded the Clintonites.

They played the race card continually, they blamed the Clintons,

They tried to make a fool out of Bill Clinton. NOW, They need us. Too late! Too much damage. No Votes. NoBama. EVER!

Vote for A LEADER...VOTE Hillary!

I think the Obamaite primitives should contemplate upon the above, and consider the damage they've done to the Democrat party, and start kissing ass of every supporter of the worthier Democrat candidate, so as to keep them in the fold.

The usual standard customary rare voice of sanity on Skins's island, the spunking monk primitive:

MonkeyFunk  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri May-23-08 10:06 AM

11. They have a very skewed view of things

they think Clinton is widely hated by the party, and that Obama supporters constitute 99% of Democrats.

They think everybody thinks like they do, the facts be damned. It's stupid, it's counterproductive, it's extremely ignorant.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: forward-looking primitive questions the Obamaite primitives
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 09:40:52 AM »
Quote from:
nomad1776

3. She has been behaving like george bush and she is being attacked like he is no stategy involved, no tactics. It's all about a horrible woman that has attack (sic) the core of the Democratic party and many of the people at DU, and they are responding to her attacks and her bad actions.

If that's the case, it seems a least half the rank and file would agree with HRC that the "core of the Dem party" needs to be attacked.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 01:27:36 PM »
With up to 40% of Clinton voters in some states willing to vote for McCain if Hussien is the nominee, I do wonder why the DUmmies are so happy.

As with 98% of all the concepts Dummies believe in, I put it down to room temperature IQs.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 11:10:20 PM »
With up to 40% of Clinton voters in some states willing to vote for McCain if Hussien is the nominee, I do wonder why the DUmmies are so happy.

Because 85% of the active DUmmies at the moment seem to be Obamatrons, and they live in an even more rarified fantasy world. By repeatedly reassuring each other in their little closed, group-think society that Clinton and Clinton supporters are no more threat to their god and messiah than "old man" McCain, they believe they have magically made it so.

Oogah-boogah! And they danced around the fire, chanting.