Author Topic: Grocery Prices Up 15% Since Obama Took Office  (Read 657 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Grocery Prices Up 15% Since Obama Took Office
« on: August 10, 2012, 10:18:14 AM »
Got this from Godfather Politics.

Grocery Prices Up 15% Since Obama Took Office

posted on August 10, 2012 by Giacomo

The 2012 presidential election is heating up.  The national conventions for both parties are just around the corner and Barack Obama and Mitt Romney are already busy duking it out.

One thing I keep hearing Obama say is how he is for the middle class.  He is our friend and savior, says he.  If that’s true, then let’s take a look at how his first term of office has helped the middle class.

To begin with, under Obama, the middle class has shrunk while the number of Americans living at or below the poverty line has drastically increased.  Millions of middle class families are now finding themselves trying to survive at poverty level incomes and in many instances it’s been devastating to them.

Under Obama’s reign, we have experienced official unemployment levels of over 8% for 42 consecutive months.  The broader unemployment figure for June of this year is at 14.9%.  This figure accounts for those out of work, forced to work part time only and those who have quit looking for a job.

The second quarter economic growth figure had dropped to 1.5%.  Just to sustain ourselves, this figure needs to be at 2% and for actual growth and recovery it needs to be even higher.

The rest is at: http://godfatherpolitics.com/6532/grocery-prices-up-15-since-obama-took-office/#ixzz239mo52ht

The conclusion is pretty good.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Grocery Prices Up 15% Since Obama Took Office
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 10:24:46 AM »
15 percent my dying ass.  More like 30-40 percent.  I remember buying steak tips for $4.50/lb a few years back.

Now they're $8/lb.  WITHOUT marinade.

Scoobie and I can't get out of the grocery store anymore for under $100. 
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Re: Grocery Prices Up 15% Since Obama Took Office
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 11:40:02 AM »
It is all Bush's fault.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.