Author Topic: Another StellaBlue whiny thread (as Lucy Parsons)  (Read 885 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Another StellaBlue whiny thread (as Lucy Parsons)
« on: May 21, 2008, 06:41:23 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3321905

LucyParsons(321 posts)
Wed May-21-08 07:37 PM
Original message
Poll question: Potential first-time homebuyers - what can you afford in your area?

For myself, in Austin, TX, I can afford nothing, not even a condo, on my reasonably decent state government salary. Because I owe a LOT in student loans, have no savings or domestic partner, (mainly) because the price of a 2-bedroom, 1-bath condo or duplex, within five miles of my job (I am NOT willing to move to suburbs and face the resultant commute - I can currently walk to work) would be **at least** six times my salary.

Poll result (4 votes)
I can't afford anything - the prices are far too high   (2 votes, 50%)   Vote
I can barely afford something small with a 30+ year, 100%+ mortgage   (0 votes, 0%)   Vote
I can afford something small if I am willing to live on a very tight budget   (0 votes, 0%)   Vote
I can afford a moderate property in a decent area   (0 votes, 0%)   Vote
I can comfortably afford a moderate property in a nice area   (1 votes, 25%)   Vote
I can easily afford to purchase property - the prices are reasonable   (1 votes, 25%)   Vote
I'm a slumlord, buying up as many houses as I can   (0 votes, 0%)   Vote
Other - please explain   (0 votes, 0%)   Vote

Brand new thread, so that explains the low voting total.  I would imagine that the bolded option above will win handily.

I love how she explains her life story to preface every thread. :whatever: :mental: :mental: :whatever:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Another StellaBlue whiny thread (as Lucy Parsons)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 07:40:08 PM »
This is such bull shit.  Austin is expensive but you can get out of town and not spend an arm and a leg.  I have friends who live in Manor and go visit them often.

Funny thing is; Austin is THE liberal hot spot in Texas.  How does that work?  It has GOT to be supply and demand huh?!  Wait ... that is a capitalist view of the market ..... hmmm I'll have to think on this.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Another StellaBlue whiny thread (as Lucy Parsons)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 07:41:23 PM »
 :sosad:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site