Author Topic: Pistons vs. Celtics  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Pistons vs. Celtics
« on: May 20, 2008, 07:37:23 PM »
This is going to be brutal series I'd wager. Can't wait.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 07:45:02 PM by Odin's Hand »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: Pistons vs. Celtics
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 07:49:19 PM »
Pistons aren't crashing the boards enough. They have a significant size advantage along the front court.

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 07:30:54 AM »
Wallace v KG, lol. What a fun matchup. Sure hope Ray Allen gets off his a$$ and does some good.

Speaking of matchups, you gotta like the Lakers v Spurs.

Any guess on the chances of the finals being L.A. verses Boston in a battle of the ancient dynasties or a modern dynasty battle royal of Spurs v Pistons rather than the other two possibilities??
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 08:55:00 AM »
Wallace v KG, lol. What a fun matchup. Sure hope Ray Allen gets off his a$$ and does some good.

Any guess on the chances of the finals being L.A. verses Boston in a battle of the ancient dynasties or a modern dynasty battle royal of Spurs v Pistons rather than the other two possibilities??

KG will own that old whiney beotch .... KG is a top 3 player in the NBA & this is the closest he's ever been to a title.... he will really turn it on now !!

Celtics vs Spurs in the finals....

but most likely, the SPurs take the whole thing...

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 10:57:57 AM »

KG will own that old whiney beotch .... KG is a top 3 player in the NBA & this is the closest he's ever been to a title.... he will really turn it on now !!

Yeah, that seems likely. The Celtics are as motivated as anyone and the fat lady may be singing on the Pistons dynasty. (maybe Boston in 5?) I'd write Detroit off completely but here they are in the final four.

Celtics vs Spurs just sounds like it will be a great series, historical aspects notwithstanding. I just can't decide if I'd rather watch the Lakers croke now, or root for them to fall in the finals a la Tom Brady.  :-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 01:43:06 PM »

Yeah, that seems likely. The Celtics are as motivated as anyone and the fat lady may be singing on the Pistons dynasty. (maybe Boston in 5?) I'd write Detroit off completely but here they are in the final four.

Celtics vs Spurs just sounds like it will be a great series, historical aspects notwithstanding. I just can't decide if I'd rather watch the Lakers croke now, or root for them to fall in the finals a la Tom Brady.  :-)

you bastard ! ....

sacrilage to compare Kobey to Brady.... and of course, the great sport of football to basketball !!

actually, the Spurs would be more like the Pats than the Lakers would be....the franchise on the verge of dynasty &/or already is....but ends up choking to a more motivated, but less talented team in the big game...

all the spurs need is a spygate & we're all set !! :lmao:

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 02:32:00 PM »
Here are two things I noticed about the Pistons during last night's game:

1) Chauncy Billups looks hestitant, and therefore "rusty", in distributing the ball and taking shots that are at least somewhat open or very open.

2) The Pistons did not body-up at all in the paint on defensive rebounds. The Celtics would continually slip 1 guy in among 3 Pistons for a second layup opportunity or swing the ball back out and reset the offense. I saw this happen at least 10 to 12 times.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 02:36:44 PM by Odin's Hand »

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 02:58:09 PM »
Here are two things I noticed about the Pistons during last night's game:

1) Chauncy Billups looks hestitant, and therefore "rusty", in distributing the ball and taking shots that are at least somewhat open or very open.

2) The Pistons did not body-up at all in the paint on defensive rebounds. The Celtics would continually slip 1 guy in among 3 Pistons for a second layup opportunity or swing the ball back out and reset the offense. I saw this happen at least 10 to 12 times.

yep...

I figured the pistons would play old & tired....cause THEY ARE :lmao: .... also, they did this very same thing  both times they had a week of rest in the finals before .... and LOST

and basically, the pistons ain't got anyone that can matchup w/ KG & I think paul pierce is more physical than Prince & will keep a slight edge over him ....

the celtics will just keep beating the pistons to the ball & lanes....

andthe one youthful player that they REALLY needed, ben wallace, is gone.... theres your rebounds & there is your 'piston' ...

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 09:46:25 PM »
Rasheed Wallace...always a class act.  :whatever: