Author Topic: DUmmies ponder Life and Liberty  (Read 1395 times)

Offline lastparker

DUmmies ponder Life and Liberty
« on: May 20, 2008, 02:13:28 PM »
It starts off sensibly enough....heck, I almost forgot where I was....

madeline_con  (1000+ posts)       Mon May-19-08 07:37 PM
Original message
Florida to execute convicted child murderer in July
 Source: AFP

MIAMI (AFP) — The governor of Florida on Monday signed an order to execute a man convicted of murdering an 11-year-old boy, marking what will be the state's first execution in more than 18 months, officials said.

Mark Dean Schwab, 39, who was convicted in 1992 of kidnap, rape and murder, is to be condemned to death on July 1, prison authorities said.

Read more: http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hi_V3dHwOaa7-KmeMlP...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally! Those of us who live in the Community where Juny lost his life to this animal breathe a sigh of relief. Flame away...

immediately comes a link to an anti-DP site....

Commie Pinko Dirtbag  (1000+ posts)       Mon May-19-08 07:43 PM
Response to Original message
1. Does a post consisting solely on this link constitute a flame? 
 http://www.mvfhr.org/ 

and they point out the equality between an executed murderer and a murder victim... why, sure they're the same!

madeline_con  (1000+ posts)       Mon May-19-08 07:46 PM
Response to Reply #1
5. Absolutely not.
 It seems both the families of Juny and Schwab qualify for help from this org. As well they should. Having a family member executed must be tough.

a few or the saner DUmmies try to point out the horrors of the crime, but not for long:

MannyGoldstein  (1000+ posts)       Mon May-19-08 08:00 PM
Response to Reply #6
8. What Happened To The 11 Year Is Horrible Beyond Words
 But how does executing his murderer (if it is his murderer) help improve things? Only hardens our hearts, I think.

Is it a coincidence that the states with the death penalty have the highest homicide rates, by-and-large?

Oh no, Manny!  Finally executing monsters like this makes my heart sing!

And finally, one of the most venomously rabid Choicers at the DUmp posts the best irony of all:

pacoyogi  (1000+ posts)      Tue May-20-08 01:53 PM
Response to Original message
30. The government should not have the power of life and death
 over us.

Generally, I find that people who disagree with that statement cling to the belief that the government will never have the power of life and death over them....only over the 'others' who 'deserve' the death penalty.....

While this man's actions are beyond redemption and forgiveness, I still don't think that our government has the right to take away our most fundamental Liberty interest.

Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: DUmmies ponder Life and Liberty
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 02:16:16 PM »
The death penalty ensures there's a 100% chance the murderer won't commit another murder. ALL for it.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 02:36:58 PM »
linky?
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 02:38:42 PM »
The death penalty reinforces our commitment to value innocent lives.  My only complaint is that it is not applied equally. Malicious murderers who deprive innocent people of their only life have no claim to their own and should all lose the ability to live.

Offline lastparker

Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Georgia Bulldog

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 05:56:03 PM »
It seems they're worried he's going to be killed until he dies from it.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile -- hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
1874-1965, British Statesman, Prime Minister

The Democrats say that the United States has had its days in the sun, that our nation has passed its zenith. My fellow citizens, I utterly reject that view.

Ronald Reagan
40th US President, 1911-2004

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 07:21:58 PM »
Why wait 2 months? Fry his ass now.

While this man's actions are beyond redemption and forgiveness, I still don't think that our government has the right to take away our most fundamental Liberty interest.

And yet you still wish the same thing on us. Just another hypocrite.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 09:13:06 PM »
They could feed this piece of offal into one of Saddam's plastic shredders feet first and full of drugs that would heighten the sensation for him, and I'd smile the whole time.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 09:26:35 PM »
It seems they're worried he's going to be killed until he dies from it.

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 05:14:27 AM »
They could feed this piece of offal into one of Saddam's plastic shredders feet first and full of drugs that would heighten the sensation for him, and I'd smile the whole time.

And you wouldn't laugh?  C'mon now, DAT . . .  :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.