Author Topic: cali primitive predicts nonsense  (Read 1355 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
cali primitive predicts nonsense
« on: May 20, 2008, 12:32:12 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3313270

Oh my.

The cali primitive, who's been mellow lately; a high-fiber diet must've done the trick.

cali  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 09:43 AM
Original message

The predictable nonsense about how bushco will declare martial law, cancel elections, detain millions of liberals, pull a false flag operation, bomb Iran, etc, etc, is enjoying a new burst of popularity here.

Codswallop. At least most of it. It's just within the realm of possibility that bushco will bomb Iran. Highly unlikely, imo, but possible. The other stuff? For the love of reason, some have been predicting this shit is imminent for the last several years. And it hasn't happened. It sure the hell won't happen now.

The GOP is severely wounded. bushco has little real power left. they certainly don't have the power to pull off a big false flag op. they don't have the power to declare martial law and elicit anything but a swift slap down. bush himself clearly can't wait to get out of Dodge, er, D.C. And how could they possibly round up and detain millions of liberals? bushco and what army?

As we draw nearer to the November election, this nonsense will mushroom here. And it's really no more than fear peddling. I dislike fear mongering from the left just as much as from the right, the center or from any other party.

Here's a few realities: bush will finish out his term as the weakened and highly unpopular figure he is. Obama will be the dem nominee and McCain will be the republican nominee. The election will be held. You and I won't be arrested and detained because we're liberal who attend our P&J group meetings and protest and write letters. Martial Law won't be declared and enacted. I'm doubtful that there will be a false flag operation. I don't think we'll see bombs dropped by U.S aircraft on Tehran.

The primitives immediately object, wiggle-waggling their armpits in anger at the cali primitive, recently re-promoted to first-tier primitivity.

pocoloco  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 09:47 AM
Response to Original message

1. And they will all go peacefully and quietely into their prison cells??

Yeah, Right!

Poll_Blind  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 09:47 AM
Response to Original message

2. Yes, EVERYONE, gather round. Extinguish your nonsense and give Bush the benefit of the doubt.

What. The. Hell. Are. YOU. People. Thinking?

Do I believe that Bush will impose martial law? I dunno. What wouldn't you put past the bastard? But I'm not going to get so hopped up on myself that I would address everyone and chastise them for their opinion.

cali  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 09:51 AM
Response to Reply #2

4. I don't like fear mongering.

It isn't even possible for bush to detain millions of American liberals. It's patently ridiculous on its face. It isn't possible for him to enact martial laws or cancel elections. He isn't in the position of strength he was in just a year or so ago. I don't think he has any desire to stay a moment longer in the WH than he has to. The shiny toy has lost its allure for him.

Odd, that this fear exists only on Skins's island, and nowhere else in the whole wide world.

It's an enormous bonfire; a few more primitive comments, but the flaming bonfire's well worth getting out the boat and rowing over to Skins's island to observe.

Poll_Blind  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 10:05 AM
Response to Reply #4

14. You listed the following as equally unlikely:

* Bush declares martial law
* Bush cancels elections
* Bush detains millions of Liberals
* Bush pulls off a false flag operation
* Bush bombs Iran

I don't know why you lump the last two in with the others seeing as he is internationally-famous for pulling off and attempting to pull off a number of false flag operations involving Iraq, up to the most recent example of Bush claiming that the Iranians were supplying weaponry for Iraqi insurgents, including a list of 20,000 weapons.

They're making it all up about Iran.

cali  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 10:17 AM
Response to Reply #14

22. I did not do anything of the sort. I explicitly said that the bombing of Iran was possible- if unlikely. And I explained why I don't think they have the resources to pull off an effective false flag operation.

EOTE  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 10:09 AM
Response to Reply #4

17. Fear mongering is very bad.

I mean, if 7 years ago I had told you that the * administration would allow the largest terrorist attack on U.S. soil ever to occur and then use that as a pretext to go to war, you should have rightly chastised me for fear mongering. If I then told you that *'s popularity would skyrocket into the %90s and he'd then use that popularity to destroy the constitution, that would be fear mongering as well. If I told you about $4 gas, the government's pitiful response to Katrina and another couple stolen elections, that would be more fear mongering and I would have been wrong to do that.

cali  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 10:19 AM
Response to Reply #17

25. nope. 9/11 was a shock to me but not a surprise.

And the bush of today is not the bush of even a couple of years ago. He has very little power left. Oh, and the response to 9/11 by most Americans neither surprised or shocked me.

EOTE  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 10:47 AM
Response to Reply #25

38. The point is that the * admin NEVER deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I don't know if I think martial law is a likelihood, but I think there's a decent chance we could be there in a few months. We have no idea how this admin would react to being forced to give up power. They've been so evil the past 7+ years, I wouldn't put anything past them. And that's what scares the hell out of me.

OwnedByFerrets  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 10:29 AM
Response to Reply #4

33. To me, there is a huge difference between fear mongering and being vigilant. Give us ONE legitimate reason they wont send missiles into select targets in Iran. Hell, they have already done it in Syria.

And on and on it goes.

But the bottom line is, the unterprimitiven, the lynch mob, aren't buying what the first-tier primitive cali is trying to tell them.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: cali primitive predicts nonsense
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 12:37:35 PM »
Quote from:
cali

The GOP is severely wounded. bushco has little real power left. they certainly don't have the power to pull off a big false flag op. they don't have the power to declare martial law and elicit anything but a swift slap down.

They're passing up the opportunity to claim it was them sitting alone in their Mommy's basement, eating Cheetos, and banging away on the computer that caused the above to take place.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 01:57:50 PM »
i actually saw a thread over there earlier that said, "if we lose the GE, it will be because not enough people voted for Obama"

so, its dawning on them that they may be walking into defeat willingly this time - that it wasnt stolen.

at least i hope they can remember that when it happens.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 02:10:47 PM »
Call me stupid but what is a "false flag op"?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 02:13:03 PM »
Call me stupid but what is a "false flag op"?

False Flag Operations
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline overlord

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 02:27:28 PM »
It seems to me that if a POTUS were to declare martial law it would a liberal; after all liberals know what's best for us right?  Aren't they the ones always trying to protect us from ourselves? 

Rest assured left wing douche bags, if martial law were ever declared it would those of us with the guns you hate that would be rising up to defend your sorry asses.
Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish

Women and children are precious resources to be protected at all costs.  Men are expendable commodities whose function is to protect those resources, at all costs.

So how does it feel to know that someone's kid in the heart of america has blood on their hands to defend your rights so you can maintain a lifestyle that insults his family's existence?

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 02:39:28 PM »
Overlord H5 for your signature picture.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 02:49:33 PM »
Overlord H5 for your signature picture.

Me too,  I gave him a hi-5 as well.

Offline overlord

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 03:02:13 PM »
Thank you ladies.  Oddly enough an agnostic friend of mine sent me a link that had a lot of similar logos.  This one was my favorite though.
Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish

Women and children are precious resources to be protected at all costs.  Men are expendable commodities whose function is to protect those resources, at all costs.

So how does it feel to know that someone's kid in the heart of america has blood on their hands to defend your rights so you can maintain a lifestyle that insults his family's existence?

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 03:56:27 PM »
i actually saw a thread over there earlier that said, "if we lose the GE, it will be because not enough people voted for Obama"

so, its dawning on them that they may be walking into defeat willingly this time - that it wasnt stolen.

at least i hope they can remember that when it happens.

They'll remember, but deny it.

Back at the original topic, the failure of this dire prediction of martial law (etc.) to materialize casts deep doubt into the souls of liberals everywhere that their pissing, moaning, and keyboard masturbation represents a credible threat to the functioning of the government.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 09:21:11 PM »
Amusing - and telling - that the fools base their rationale for all these extreme actions by the Administration on the idea that otherwise they are all going to prison, a totally baseless premise straight from Cloud-Cuckoo-Land.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.