Author Topic: So, the economy is still ADDING jobs but that's bad news??  (Read 3409 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
So, the economy is still ADDING jobs but that's bad news??
« on: July 06, 2012, 11:47:50 AM »
Oh the hypocrisy!

abugg (1,025 posts)

It wasn't what was expected???? Who the hell sets the expectations??? 27 months of adding jobs instead of losing jobs and the President gets a bad rap??? I call "bullshit" on the media who spins everything the GOP way!!!

Brand new thread.  I just thought it was funny.  How many times did we see them bitching and complaining when jobs were being created under President Bush?! 

"Those aren't real jobs!"  "There's no benefits to THAT job!"  "Those jobs only pay minimum wage!!" 

Now O'bama is LOSING jobs but the media spins it as an increase.  These goons eat it up.

Anyone have a mole with the ability to search?  Wanna bring over 5 or 6 links to the posts where they were complaining when unemployment was at actual, livable levels?

How about some of these links DUmmies?

1/3 of the jobs were TEMPORARY

85,000 Go on DISABILITY IN JUNE

Black unemployment is at 14.4%

780,000 Fewer women employed since O'bama took office

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: So, the economy is still ADDING jobs but that's bad news??
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 12:01:28 PM »
Gee, DUmmie, I guess you missed the part where the unemployment rate is STILL at 8.2 % which is a bogus number* anyway.

*it's higher, DUmmies.

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 12:55:20 PM »
 :lmao:

Atman (23,978 posts)

6. Look at the bizzarro-world take on it...

Brand new thread. I just thought it was funny. How many times did we see them bitching and complaining when jobs were being created under President Bush?!

"Those aren't real jobs!" "There's no benefits to THAT job!" "Those jobs only pay minimum wage!!"

Now O'bama is LOSING jobs but the media spins it as an increase. These goons eat it up.

Anyone have a mole with the ability to search? Wanna bring over 5 or 6 links to the posts where they were complaining when unemployment was at actual, livable levels?

How about some of these links DUmmies?

Okay, got that? Under Bush, America was LOSING 500,000-750,000 PER MONTH, yet he still claimed the unemployment rate was SHRINKING...I think it was near 4.5%-5% when he left office. Yes, the rate kept shrinking even as we hemorrhaged jobs.

But now, we are ADDING jobs, and Obama is back to using the same method of calculating unemployment that had been used prior to Bush, and the unemployment rate is holding steading. Adding jobs, if only 80,000, is still ADDING. LOSING is still LOSING...unless you live in a ****ing Cave.

Yo Atman ... wanna comment on the links I put up above?  Hmmm.  No?  Aw come on, why not?

When did PRESIDENT Bush start losing jobs?  Hmmm?  No answer?  How about AFTER we got a democratically controlled congress.  That couldn't be correct could it?  Naw.

:rotf:

Thanks for the shout out!  It's appreciated.  We add new members everytime you goons do that.

Oh, how long has unemployment figures been above 8%?  Sheesh.  O'bama has done a wonderful job!  

Here's another for you Atman.

99Forever (854 posts)
5. When you factor in..

.. population growth into the figures, it is still a net loss for those of us seeking jobs. Finger pointing aside, that is the reality for those of us that have had the rug yanked out from under us, after a lifetime of working our asses off and doing the right thing.

So no, my friend, word games about "adding jobs" when the reality is that there are less available jobs for us, is insulting to our intelligence. I can't pay my bills with spin. I NEED a decent paying job and can't even get an interview. Every one I hear saying how things aren't really "that bad," has a job.  

Even your own members recognize a snow job when they see it.  Can you say PRESIDENT Romney?  I knew that you could.

:-)

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 01:04:02 PM »
Oh, by the way Atman ....  That OP has 10 replies right now and 4 of them are calling a spade a spade.  40% of the thread knows they're being lied to.

:tongue:

KC

*Stolen

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 01:07:11 PM »
Oh, by the way Atman ....  That OP has 10 replies right now and 4 of them are calling a spade a spade.  40% of the thread knows they're being lied to.

:tongue:

KC

When 40% of dUmmies wise up on the #1 campaign issue, I feel better about my landslide predictions.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 01:11:46 PM »
abugg (1,025 posts)

It wasn't what was expected???? Who the hell sets the expectations??? 27 months of adding jobs instead of losing jobs and the President gets a bad rap??? I call "bullshit" on the media who spins everything the GOP way!!!

You need between 150 and 200 THOUSAND new jobs per month just to keep up with population growth, and that's just to remain stagnant with no change in the unemployment number. 80 thousand ain't shit, DUmbass.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 01:14:55 PM »
You need between 150 and 200 THOUSAND new jobs per month just to keep up with population growth, and that's just to remain stagnant with no change in the unemployment number. 80 thousand ain't shit, DUmbass.

You forgot to factor in the 1.2 mil. "new" Mescan workers ABM is giving amnesty to.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 01:43:24 PM »
It still doesn't escape the fact that Obama still has a negative job growth. He swore that passing the stimulus would make the unemployment rate stay below 7%, it has yet to go below 8%. So if they think that adding 70,000 jobs a week, when we should be adding 500,000 jobs a week, is a good thing, then they are smoking way too much crack.

And as stated above about Bush. If Obama was a Republican, they would be crucifying him right now.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »

80,000 new jobs were added, 1/3rd are temp jobs, and 85,000 people went on disability in June, so more were added to the disability roll then the job rolls.

And WTF are we going to do with people going on disability? how the heck are we going to pay for this? does anyone besides us not think about that?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 01:54:56 PM »
Yo Atman ... wanna comment on the links I put up above?  Hmmm.  No?  Aw come on, why not?

When did PRESIDENT Bush start losing jobs?  Hmmm?  No answer?  How about AFTER we got a democratically controlled congress.  That couldn't be correct could it?  Naw.

:-)

Would you mind Tex if I added these also?

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Kyle Ricky

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 01:58:18 PM »
^5 BG!!  Only because I couldn't give you 5 more!

:-*

Atman, would you like to post these at the DUmp?  Or maybe come sign up again and discuss??

KC

*Stolen

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 02:05:44 PM »
Yes Pedro...ask O what losing means.
He knows what it feels like. :lmao:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 03:22:10 PM »
Quote from:
Atman

... and Obama is back to using the same method of calculating unemployment that had been used prior to Bush...

No he's not.  What a liar.

Poor Pedro.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 03:34:09 PM »
Uh oh!

After the economy added 310,000 jobs in May 2004 and the unemployment rate was 5.6%, then-candidate Barack Obama used the Democrat weekly radio address to attack the Bush administration for citing good economic numbers.

[youtube=425,350]6Ae2Anha7ig[/youtube]

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 03:35:23 PM »
Uh oh!

[youtube=425,350]6Ae2Anha7ig[/youtube]

He is doing everything that he was accusing Bush of. Things are different not that the shoe is on the other foot.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 03:59:58 PM »
And what about the almost 400000 jobs that were LOST last month?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 04:04:03 PM »
And what about the almost 400000 jobs that were LOST last month?

They aren't looking at that. They are only looking at what was created.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 04:21:10 PM »
They aren't looking at that. They are only looking at what was created.

Not to mention those "saved".

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 04:28:33 PM »
abugg (1,025 posts)

Yeah, because it's like being a German in April 1945 and trying to get worked up over an increase in V2 production...'waaaay not enough, and 'way too late, to matter.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 04:35:31 PM »
Below are some links to check out concerning the DUmps thoughts on the economy and those terrible unemployment numbers under President Bush between 2001 and 2007. The last link is a Google search.

DUmp explanations on unemployment numbers under Bush

More DUmp explaining of unemployment under Bush

The economy under Bush about the time the dems started "helping" it

Terrible jobs under Bush. The economy sucks.

Look for yourself for more examples: Google DU search from 2001 to 2007
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 04:42:39 PM »
Quote from:
Atman

15. No, not the "last few months." Not true.

Read the link at reply #1 (you too, Cave dwellers). This was going on for quite a while, not just at the bitter end of the Bush nightmare.

Pedro, Pedro, Pedro.

Let me explain it to you in terms even someone as stupid as you *might* be able to understand.

What's the current unemployment figure?  8.2%.  What is real unemployment counting those who are so depressed they have quit looking for work?  Most conservative estimates I've seen say around 13.5% to 15%.

Dear Leader has had 3.5 years to do something.  What should the unemployment figures be if he were competent and could lead?  Less than 5%.

What is the price of gas currently?  $3+.  What should it be if Dear Leader was competent?  Less than $2.

Have food prices greatly inflated over the past 3.5 years?  Yes.

80K jobs a month is nothing.  It's like having liver cancer and someone hands you a 5 cent coupon for a box of bandaids.

You see, there's a track record there.  Things are getting worse exponentially.  Dear Leader is the CEO, ergo he's to blame.  He doesn't want to accept the blame.  He doesn't like to accept responsibility for all the bad that's happening because of his stupidity.  Bad leaders do that type of thing.  

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 05:01:28 PM »
Atman --

Obama's economy is like a man trying to outrun a train. The train is moving at 120 Mph down the tracks. The runner is moving along at 15 Mph down the tracks in front of the train. The train strikes the runner at a net speed of 105 Mph. The end.

You are cheering the runner - while ignoring the train. Understand ?

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 05:04:01 PM »
Hey Toast! Why don't you refute the facts here with one of the 800,000 mole accounts you set up when traveling 0bama's 57 states?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 05:04:39 PM »
Just to remind posters what kind of conspiracy quack Pedro is...

Quote from:
Atman

Yesterday, the advance jobs number was 170,000

This morning, CNN is reporting they expect it to be a meager 95,000.

Of course, it fits much better into their pro-Rmoney narrative, and allows them to have Republicans on to slam Obama, even though they admit they don't know what the actual number will be.

Gotta love cable news!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002907975

BTW Pedro, actual number is a lousy 80,000.