Author Topic: DUmmie: * NAZIs!!!  (Read 1375 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
DUmmie: * NAZIs!!!
« on: May 16, 2008, 01:38:33 PM »
marmar  (1000+ posts)       Thu May-15-08 08:15 PM
Original message
Larisa Alexandrovna: All the President's Nazis (real and imagined): An Open Letter to Bush 
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3292383

Dear Mr. Bush,

Your speech on the Knesset floor today was not only a disgrace; it was nothing short of treachery. Worse still, your exploitation of the Holocaust in a country carved out of the wounds of that very crime, in order to strike a low blow at American citizens whose politics differs from your own is unforgivable and unpardonable. Let me remind you, Mr. Bush, of your words today:

"Some seem to believe we should negotiate with terrorists and radicals, as if some ingenious argument will persuade them they have been wrong all along," Bush said at Israel's 60th anniversary celebration in Jerusalem.

"We have heard this foolish delusion before," Bush said in remarks to Israel's parliament, the Knesset. "As Nazi tanks crossed into Poland in 1939, an American senator declared: 'Lord, if only I could have talked to Hitler, all of this might have been avoided.' We have an obligation to call this what it is -- the false comfort of appeasement, which has been repeatedly discredited by history."

Well Mr. Bush, the only thing this comment lacked was a mirror and some historical facts. You want to discuss the crimes of Nazis against my family and millions of other families in Europe during World War II? Let me revive a favorite phrase of yours: Bring. It. On!

The All-American Nazi

Your family's fortune is built on the bones of the very people butchered by the Nazis, my family and the families of those in the Knesset who applauded you today:

WASHINGTON -- President Bush's grandfather was a director of a bank seized by the federal government because of its ties to a German industrialist who helped bankroll Adolf Hitler's rise to power, government documents show.

Prescott Bush was one of seven directors of Union Banking Corp. (search), a New York investment bank owned by a bank controlled by the Thyssen family, according to recently declassified National Archives documents reviewed by The Associated Press.

Fritz Thyssen was an early financial supporter of Hitler, whose Nazi party Thyssen believed was preferable to communism.

--snip--

Both Harrimans and Bush were partners in the New York investment firm of Brown Brothers, Harriman and Co., which handled the financial transactions of the bank as well as other financial dealings with several other companies linked to Bank voor Handel that were confiscated by the U.S. government during World War II.

Union Banking was seized by the government in October 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act.
......(more)

The complete piece is at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larisa-alexandrovna/all-t...

G_j (1000+ posts)      Thu May-15-08 08:22 PM
Response to Original message
2. well that raised the blood pressure a bit,
 * IS the modern day nazi
war criminal.. 

One wonders what gj would have done if faced by a real NAZi in 1938?

defendandprotect  (1000+ posts)      Thu May-15-08 11:55 PM
Response to Reply #7
20. This info has never been mentioned in corporate-media . . . 
 it's buried very deeply --- like Bush being AWOL ---

One wonders if that any of it is true has anything to do with it not being in any media?

SpiralHawk  (1000+ posts)     Thu May-15-08 09:39 PM
15. Wow - this is a powerful passage
 "...The unprovoked attack on Poland by Germany was a war crime just as your attack against Iraq - based on lies - is a war crime.

"This is not my opinion. This is not a political attack. This is a fact."

September 1st 1939, Germany attacked Poland without provication, leading to the deaths of approx 4 million Poles over the course of 6 years. These systematic extermination of Jews, Communists, Homosexuals, mentally handicapped peoples culminated in the Warsaw Ghetto exterminations. Soviet Russia's part is almost as horrid. They invaded shortly after, pre-arranged with hitler, to take over the eastern part of Poland. 3 million people vanished into the Soviet occupation.
SH, obviously understands history about as well are HUFPO.

defendandprotect  (1000+ posts)      Thu May-15-08 11:41 PM
18. Are the Israelis really not aware of this Bush/Nazi history . . . ??? Really-????

The fact that it isn't true anyway...they know that part.

Amerigo Vespucci  (1000+ posts)       Fri May-16-08 01:03 AM
21. I wonder if Olbermann will connect these same dots...
 ...hard to say. Larisa's piece is like a K.O. "Special Comment" on steroids. We'll find out soon enough, I'm sure. I think it's safe to say that Olbermann's been reading the same headlines we have, and I'm sure he's well-versed in Bush Family History. Would MSNBC allow him to do something similar to Larisa's article, or would he have to sanitize it (condemn Bush for the remarks with no mention of Prescott)?

This will make the people not vote for * in 2008.

The Wizard (1000+ posts)       Fri May-16-08 02:42 AM
22. It was Bush who appeased
 bin Laden by removing U.S. bases from Saudi territory after 9-11. bin Laden said he attacked the U.S. for having military bases on sacred Saudi land. Then Bush deposed Saddam Hussein, a man bin Laden felt was an apostate. bin Laden also predicted Bush would attack a Muslim country in retaliation for 9-11 and that would help recruit new people for his terrorist forces.
The Bush and bin laden families have been doing business for years. The Bush's and the Saudi royals have been doing business for years. Most of the 9-11 Kamikaze pilots were Saudi nationals and the operation was funded by Saudi nationals. How much are the Saudis charging for oil now? 

Last time I checked we are still in SA. And BL today says it was because of Palestine...oh well...

SeattleGirl  (1000+ posts)       Fri May-16-08 03:39 AM
24. This piece made me cry, and made me want to throw shit. 
 I knew about Bush's family ties to the Nazi's, and Prescott's attempt to overthrow the US government, but this:

"You know what I'm gonna tell those Jews when I get to Israel, don't you Herman?" a then Governor George W. Bush allegedly asked a reporter for the Austin American-Statesman.

When the journalist, Ken Herman, replied that he did not know, Bush reportedly delivered the punch line: "I'm telling 'em they're all going to hell."

enraged me even further.

HOW COULD ANYONE LIKE THIS, WITH HIS SHAMEFUL LINEAGE, BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES?

Truth? Facts? Naaaaa...

Cleita  (1000+ posts)       Fri May-16-08 02:12 PM
44. Also, if he wants to talk about the invasion of Poland,
 Edited on Fri May-16-08 02:12 PM by Cleita
anyone who is familiar with it finds eerie similarity in how Bush invaded Iraq. It seems right out of Hitler's playbook.

Cleita must be a twoofer...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: DUmmie: * NAZIs!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 01:44:18 PM »
When are the DUmmies going to give up on these little scraps that they keep using to connect the Bush family to Nazi's?

:mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 03:57:33 PM »
Hey DUmbshits, if Bush was so off base in outing the Democrats as the spineless, treasonous bastards they are, why did the scumbags Pelosi, Kennedy, Clinton, Biden, sKerry, and Obama come out swinging against Bush for his statements?
Seems to me those traitors KNOW they are traitors and have a guilty conscious they have to defend.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 04:48:36 PM »
Call me crazy, but didn't the president get enthusiastic applause from the Knesset?
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 05:11:58 PM »
Call me crazy, but didn't the president get enthusiastic applause from the Knesset?

I believe he did.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 05:56:27 PM »
defendandprotect  (1000+ posts)      Thu May-15-08 11:41 PM
18. Are the Israelis really not aware of this Bush/Nazi history . . . ??? Really-????

I'd say these folks are quite aware:

Prescott Bush's Alleged Nazi "Ties"

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Rumors about the alleged Nazi "ties" of the late Prescott Bush, the grandfather of President George W. Bush, have circulated widely through the Internet in recent years. These charges are untenable and politically motivated.

Despite some early financial dealings between Prescott Bush and a Nazi industrialist named Fritz Thyssen (who was arrested by the Nazi regime in 1938 and imprisoned during the war), Prescott Bush was neither a Nazi nor a Nazi sympathizer.

http://www.adl.org/Internet_Rumors/prescott.htm

Of course, the JADL may just be shills for the BFEE. :whatever:

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:40:25 PM by dandi »
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 08:29:23 AM »
anyone who is familiar with it finds eerie similarity in how Bush invaded Iraq. It seems right out of Hitler's playbook.

Oh yes, those two events are so similar that I don't think historians will be able to tell them apart.  :banghead:

I'm pretty certain I lost a couple of IQ points reading that. Cleita needs to pick up a history book and actually read it instead of getting her history from DU where it is generally made up to fit whatever point of view they are trying to endorse.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 08:46:13 AM »

Oh yes, those two events are so similar that I don't think historians will be able to tell them apart.  :banghead:

I'm pretty certain I lost a couple of IQ points reading that. Cleita needs to pick up a history book and actually read it instead of getting her history from DU where it is generally made up to fit whatever point of view they are trying to endorse.

Tell ya what, Pilgrim . . . I'll H5 you and maybe you'll recover a couple of points.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 09:48:35 AM »
Hey DUmbshits, if Bush was so off base in outing the Democrats as the spineless, treasonous bastards they are, why did the scumbags Pelosi, Kennedy, Clinton, Biden, sKerry, and Obama come out swinging against Bush for his statements?
Seems to me those traitors KNOW they are traitors and have a guilty conscious they have to defend.

You know that you are over the target when you start taking flak.

I just love how they immediately knew he was talking about them.  It was like coming right out and saying, "Yes President Bush you are right we are appeasers." :lmao:
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 03:50:07 PM »

Tell ya what, Pilgrim . . . I'll H5 you and maybe you'll recover a couple of points.

I can you all the help I can get my friend  :rofl:
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.