Author Topic: DUmmie says Veterans too stupid to choose government they defend.  (Read 1144 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
driver8  (1000+ posts)      Fri May-16-08 01:36 PM
Original message
I have given up on my Veterans' board...it is hopeless. http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3296321
 Advertisements [?]I belong to a Navy veterans' board on Yahoo. It is a group of guys who operated nuclear power plants on aircraft carriers, cruisers, and subs. All of the guys are pretty sharp cookies, but when it comes to politics and our country, they are rather narrow minded.

Most of the guys consider themselves republicans and love to bash liberals. There are a couple of "moderates" and one other guy who is somewhat liberal, but that's it. They love to post shit from right wing websites and sources, and when I post rebuttals I am ridiculed. My sources are "too liberal" or "not trustworthy" and then I am accused of not doing enough research. I know I won't change their opinions or make them see things my way, but I thought that maybe...maybe one of them would see how ****ed up this country is because of the politicians that they have supported.

One thing that has been confirmed for me through my time on that forum is that most Republicans are only concerned about what the government can do for them -- not what the government can do for the country as a whole. The biggest concern by many of them was that the Dems were going to raise their taxes and do away with Bush's tax cuts for the rich. They have no compassion for those who are less fortunate than they are and consider all social programs to be some sort of "hand out."

Anyhow, I've had it. I'm sick of arguing until I'm blue in the face with people who don't want to listen to what I have to say. They live in their own little fantasy world and feel good about it. We'll see how they're feeling after November.

**** 'em.

No, **** you.

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Fri May-16-08 01:38 PM
Response to Original message
1. You said it exactly right 
 Edited on Fri May-16-08 01:39 PM by proud2Blib
They want govt to help them and they don't care about anyone else.

I used to argue online with a guy who was on disability and railed about welfare, food stamps, section 8, you name it, he was against it. And he failed to see that he was on welfare too. LOL

the irony. it burns!

flashl  (1000+ posts)      Fri May-16-08 01:42 PM
3. Probably wish I hadn't asked but what do they think about the Winter Soldiers or Walter Reed? nt

not even close to the same topic, WS, ****ing traitors and lying wannabees. WR, decent hospital.

Radical Activist (1000+ posts)       Fri May-16-08 01:53 PM
7. One sign of a cult
 is that they claim they are the only source for true information. That's one of the snares of talk radio. They convince people that any factual information that contradicts their crazy world view must be biased and wrong.

****ing irony is blinding me!

magellan  (1000+ posts)      Fri May-16-08 01:59 PM
10. Isn't that the essential difference between us?
 Liberals see the future social benefits of helping to put as many possible on an upwardly mobile track.

Conservatives don't care about the future as long as they can hang onto what they've got, even as their short-sightedness causes the disintegration of society around them. THEN they whine. And they remain pathetically oblivious to their hand in it.

Pot. See kettle. Smoke Pot. See mirror.

arcadian (25 posts)      Fri May-16-08 02:06 PM
11. Soon it will be them with their hands out.
 See what they think about social programs then. Funny, the military in this country is the closest thing that we have to a welfare program. Sad really. Don't worry, there will be higer ups in the republican pecking order that will scorn them as being welfare queens when they are in the streets with their hands out.

Sad. just sad. When the revolution comes, we're gonna shoot these ****s first.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: DUmmie says Veterans too stupid to choose government they defend.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 01:26:29 PM »
proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Fri May-16-08 01:38 PM
1. You said it exactly right
 Edited on Fri May-16-08 01:39 PM by proud2Blib
They want govt to help them and they don't care about anyone else.

I used to argue online with a guy who was on disability and railed about welfare, food stamps, section 8, you name it, he was against it. And he failed to see that he was on welfare too. LOL

Hey, you dumb bitch, how many of those on welfare are working for that welfare? Food stamps? Section 8 housing? Servicemembers give up something to obtain something. They exchange many of their liberties, health, time, and sometimes very lives for a hard-earned living and if they reach 20, they retire. Welfare? You know not a damn thing about the military. There is NO comparison between the military and welfare.

Eat shit and die.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 01:33:37 PM »
Sprinkle generously with projection and two pinches of hypocrisy.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Zafod Beeblebrox

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 02:28:41 PM »
driver8  (1000+ posts)      Fri May-16-08 01:36 PM
Original message
I have given up on my Veterans' board...it is hopeless. http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3296321
 Advertisements [?]I belong to a Navy veterans' board on Yahoo. It is a group of guys who operated nuclear power plants on aircraft carriers, cruisers, and subs. All of the guys are pretty sharp cookies, but when it comes to politics and our country, they dont think like my stupid ****ing ass. And they kick my ass in debate and that makes me sad. One of them punched me in the kidney and called me a girl! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

**** 'em.
again, **** you.
I feel ashamed to say we served the same country.
You are trash and you bring dishonor to your service.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 02:29:00 PM »
All of the guys are pretty sharp cookies, but when it comes to politics and our country, they are rather narrow minded.

Riiiiiiight.  You're the lone Moonbat in a group of Republican ex-Nuke navy sailors and THEY are the ones who are narrow minded?

:rotf:

You DUmmies and your pseudo-intellectual babble and faux superior intellect bullsh*t are pathetic.

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 02:31:53 PM »
Paging jcc -- paging jcc.

Your comrades are looking for you on DU.

Paging jcc.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 09:38:00 AM »
One thing that has been confirmed for me through my time on that forum is that most Republicans are only concerned about what the government can do for them -- not what the government can do for the country as a whole. The biggest concern by many of them was that the Dems were going to raise their taxes and do away with Bush's tax cuts for the rich. They have no compassion for those who are less fortunate than they are and consider all social programs to be some sort of "hand out."

You have got to be fracking kidding me!

►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 10:37:09 AM »
magellan  (1000+ posts)      Fri May-16-08 01:59 PM
10. Isn't that the essential difference between us?
 Liberals see the future social benefits of helping to put as many possible on an upwardly mobile track.

Yeah, you guys are awesome.  Forty years of "social benefits" have given us a 75% illegitimacy rate in the black community (and the 30% incarceration rate that goes along with it) and half the students in liberal-run cities like Detroit don't graduate from high school.  Don't forget the drug-are-cool propaganda masked as 60's nostalgia.  That's worked out great.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 02:25:14 PM »
All of the guys are pretty sharp cookies, but when it comes to politics and our country, they are rather narrow minded.

Riiiiiiight.  You're the lone Moonbat in a group of Republican ex-Nuke navy sailors and THEY are the ones who are narrow minded?

:rotf:

You DUmmies and your pseudo-intellectual babble and faux superior intellect bullsh*t are pathetic.

So they are all pretty smart and well-informed, but they disagree with you on one thing......Hmmmmm.......Well driver8, that would normally lead a person with any degree of humility or analytical ability to a certain re-examination of the premise and the arguments, but I suppose that shoe doesn't fit particularly well....

:thatsright:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.